Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Concert # 02:2013.04.27, Ulker Sports Arena, Istanbul, TR # SPOILER AHEAD #  (Read 69267 times)

Love Expresso

then try this:
I USED TO COULD Live from Istanbul...
(the other one runs on my puter with no problems)

LE

OfflineJarle

• Lady writer
From what I can see from the clips it seems that the whole Istanbul concert was taken to the next level. May it continue :)
It's the end of a perfect day..,.

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
I don't know why there is talk about a "short" show since thursday... they never did "real" encores, and as long as the playing time is around 2 hrs there is nothing wrong with a 16 songs-set. Remember the last shows from 2010 had only 14 songs, but the shows lasted 2 hrs nevertheless.

LE

We all know the first shows are the longest and songs soon get dropped.

They could drop Marbletown and fit in a couple of great songs.  It's just a waste of over 10 minutes.  Makes me cringe every time I think of that and how they could fill that time.  It's a crime.
Never understood the intensity of your dislike for Marbletown... I think it has become a classic and would be sad if it was dropped !
I suppose it is pretty intense!  Even at the concerts my mind wanders and I begin to take in the interior of the venue or the instruments etc.  At over 10 mins I could maybe take a book this year!
"...and I blew up the radio in pretty short order."

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
Quote from: dmg

" Issac wrote in his blog that there was no band intro in Bucharest.  I sincerely hope MK is still talking to the audience.  I'd miss his little jokes and interactions.  I also hope he starts to introduce the band in the future."

I totally agree!   Personally, I don't mind what MK plays, so long as he is still playing for me, but if he stops talking to us and doing band intros, then that would be really upsetting!   :'(    I love hearing Mark's speaking voice - even the jokes!   ;D   I hope this isn't something he has learned from Dylan!  ::)

Honestly, I like his talking voice, too, BUT: I prefer him playing Sultans like last night any time - compared with all this "Doctor said.."  "Swing at Macbeth"... stuff we heard EVERY single show in 2010... i swear, if that boring, sleepy Macbeth stuff (like he did before Redbud Tree last year) comes up again, I will leave the venue (for a pee break or something, but then again, that one would have been done during Romeo & Juliet).... I would love him to take that over from Bob, really! So Mark, better shut up and get on fire on Sultans and the others!  ;D

LE

Yes, I agree, LE, about the same old jokes, but I think it is only common courtesy to introduce the band members, because not everyone in the audience are so well informed as we are - besides I still love hearing him speak to us!    ;)
« Last Edit: April 28, 2013, 12:12:23 PM by superval99 »
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlinescudetto

• Guitar George
It was epic yesterday night. Mark and his company were absolutely fantastic. I have some records which I can share with you guys soon. I have TR, BIA and SOS. I was just in the very front of stage, so colud see the way he played, the way he put so much of him while playing. I Still think he could interact with the audience though. I was expecting for Going Home, but SFA is also cool for me. I'm wondering if they'll ever play OES throughout the tour.

Love Expresso

"...on and on we go..."   TELEGRAPH ROAD from Istanbul... unusual format, but pretty good sound, with some talking....
I really think about ordering the Istanbul stick...  8)

LE

Love Expresso

@Val:  You are right. If I was John McCusker, I would have liked to be announced and thanked. Same with others. So introducing is one great thing, telling lame stories is the other!  ;D

@Scudetto:
Nice to hear from a member who was there. Seemed to be a real great night. I can see at the video the people were standing. Without checking it: Was it General admission? Or from which song on was it allowed to stand up?

LE

Offlinestratocasteph

• Local Hero
I agree with you pensaboy. Except the songs of Privateering, he plays always the same solo songs : hill farmer blues, sonny Liston, marbletowm, what it is, speedway. I bet that Bonaparte will be back soon.
And the same thing for dire straits songs : Rom

Love Expresso

I would say the VERY good news is that Mark Knopfler is touring in Europe in 2013 and that a lot of us have the chance to see him playing live!
I for my part am looking very forward to my shows. The Istanbul show has had obviously a new level of perfection, everything I saw and heard (only from YT) is really great, nothing to moan about. I prefer a well-oiled good played rocking version of Speedway or Hill Farmer any time over experimenting with new songs that don't work live (like my album favourite Miss You Blues 2012) and destroy the sequence of a very carefully adjusted set list with a lot of dynamics. The glass is half full.  ;)

LE

Offlineman on a track

• Founder
  • Camerado
I consider this as a lack of respect for fans that buy tickets to see him at every tour since 1996.
He doesn't owe us fans any respect nor does he owe it to the masses.
Plus, EVERY of the" longtimereturners" is at least one diehard fan's favorite that cannot be skipped in that person's opinion...

Yes, I also think Mark's great inspiration for writing new songs is absent when he's playing live,
BUT
if anybody ows respect,

WE owe HIM the respect for still touring, for still writing new songs etc.

Just as LE wrote it above...

(edited due to too many spelling errors - ***ing iFail... :disbelief )
« Last Edit: April 28, 2013, 03:16:45 PM by man on a track »
The way he sings and plays guitar  
            Still brings me to tears

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
I read the ER forum most days and it seems that Mr Bob has adopted MK's static setlist theory!   During the MK/BD tours, Mark was heavily criticised over there, but now that Bob seems to be doing the same thing on his tour, suddenly it's the best thing since sliced bread!   Quite funny really! ::) 

MOAT - I agree, we do owe him respect for still writing wonderful songs and going out on tour every couple of years or so to give us such pleasure!    I think setlists do look pretty boring written down, but in reality, when Mark and the band are playing in front of us, it is a different matter - even SFA is pretty wonderful to hear at the end of a show - I would still prefer Going Home or Piper, though, but no matter, I'm happy!    ;)
« Last Edit: April 28, 2013, 02:36:17 PM by superval99 »
Goin' into Tow Law....

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
I read the ER forum most days and it seems that Mr Bob has adopted MK's static setlist theory!   During the MK/BD tours, Mark was heavily criticised over there, but now that Bob seems to be doing the same thing on his tour, suddenly it's the best thing since sliced bread!   Quite funny really! ::) 

MOAT - I agree, we do owe him respect for still writing wonderful songs and going out on tour every couple of years or so to give us such pleasure!    I think setlists do look pretty boring written down, but in reality, when Mark and the band are playing in front of us, it is a different matter - even SFA is pretty wonderful to hear at the end of a show - I would still prefer Going Home or Piper, though, but no matter, I'm happy!    ;)
also coz the songs selected in dylan's actual static setlist are close to perfect, imho
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler

also coz the songs selected in dylan's actual static setlist are close to perfect, imho

So if MK found the perfect combination, would that stop all of the moaning on this forum?   I don't think so somehow!   And how long before they start complaining on ER, because some people over there will get a bit restless soon!
« Last Edit: April 28, 2013, 02:42:56 PM by superval99 »
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
I consider this as a lack of respect for fans that buy tickets to see him at every tour since 1996.
Plus, EVERY of the" longtimererurners" is at least one diehard fan's favorite that cannot be skipped in that person's opinion...

Yes, I also think Mark's great inspiration for weiting new songs is absent when he's playing live,
BUT
if anybody ows respect,

WE owe HIM the respect for still touring, for still weiting new aongs etc.

Just as LE weote it above...
Surely everyone should have respect for one another?  It's common decency!

I regard the set choice as thoughtless, perhaps even bordering on a lack of respect.  Mark surely know that he has a loyal fan base, a lot of whom have attended shows every tour for years and to churn out the same songs year after year isn't very fair.  He also knows that a lot of us go to multiple shows, nutters that we are!

I am loving the energy though.  Go Mark! :thumbsup
"...and I blew up the radio in pretty short order."

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
Plus, EVERY of the" longtimererurners" is at least one diehard fan's favorite that cannot be skipped in that person's opinion...

Yes, I also think Mark's great inspiration for weiting new songs is absent when he's playing live,
BUT
if anybody ows respect,

WE owe HIM the respect for still touring, for still weiting new aongs etc.

Just as LE weote it above...
Surely everyone should have respect for one another?  It's common decency!

I regard the set choice as thoughtless, perhaps even bordering on a lack of respect.  Mark surely know that he has a loyal fan base, a lot of whom have attended shows every tour for years and to churn out the same songs year after year isn't very fair.  He also knows that a lot of us go to multiple shows, nutters that we are!

I am loving the energy though.  Go Mark! :thumbsup

Thank goodness for that!    ::)
Goin' into Tow Law....

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.046 seconds with 47 queries.