Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Concert # 02:2013.04.27, Ulker Sports Arena, Istanbul, TR # SPOILER AHEAD #  (Read 69275 times)

OfflineJarle

• Lady writer
WOW! What happend?! Just over the night?! SO much better version of Sultans than the first show, and probably the best over the last 7 years as you say. More agressive playing, faster, no errors... Wonderful!

Edit: And now he also plays the extended part at the end, where the song usually has ended the last years, he takes his time to play the ending part from "Alchemy" amongst orthers... :) I think he has stepped it up for this tour.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2013, 10:04:55 AM by Jarle »
It's the end of a perfect day..,.

Offlineherlock

• Juliet
WOW! What happend?! Just over the night?! SO much better version of Sultans than the first show, and probably the best over the last 7 years as you say. More agressive playing, faster, no errors... Wonderful!

Edit: And now he also plays the extended part at the end, where the song usually has ended the last years, he takes his time to play the ending part from "Alchemy" amongst orthers... :) I think he has stepped it up for this tour.
Yes, faster, that's nice, can he do that to the end solo of TR as well ? can't wait to hear it !
As for SOS, didn't he do the extended part at the end in Bucharest also ?
I still prefer Alchemy though... those jumping notes... this rage... and those keyboards... yes, those keyboards... maybe I'm the only one to like them... I even like the sax of BIA and OES tours ! :)

Offlineherlock

• Juliet
SL the worst album? Hardly.
Never said it was the worst... I would never allow myself to speak for others. I just said it was my own personnal least favourite... I just didn't have the crush on it like I had for STP, TRD, GL and P.
The fact that he mainly only play Sony and Donegan from it doesn't help. If BLT was resurrected.... maybe...

OfflineJarle

• Lady writer

Yes, faster, that's nice, can he do that to the end solo of TR as well ? can't wait to hear it !
As for SOS, didn't he do the extended part at the end in Bucharest also ?
I still prefer Alchemy though... those jumping notes... this rage... and those keyboards... yes, those keyboards... maybe I'm the only one to like them... I even like the sax of BIA and OES tours ! :)

Yes, he did that ending at Buharest too, but it's new for this tour since many  years I think... Alchemy is still better, but for his solo tours the last year this is a great version.
It's the end of a perfect day..,.

Offlinevgonis

• Juliet
  • They waited for an hour and then nothing happened
    • greece in dire straits, life in greece
Maybe I am too strict, but despite the lack of obvious errors, his voice sounds a bit like doing the duty. I guess that the "live" experience will cover this for the lucky ticket holders, but the video or audio for the unlucky ones will be,  just above average.

Herlock I totally agree with you. The keyboards in Alchemy and SOS in particular, fit the song. It is still my faourite SOS live version. (Some from OES, 1985 and Mandela are a bit lower but still very good).

;) How about KTGC or GH?   ;)  SL is the most guitar driven album, more that even  STP. I love the sound of the songs, even the weaker ones. And don't get me wrong, I know we have a subjective chit-chat, I meant the worst album according to you!  ;D
Come on, it is not funny anymore.

Offlinedannr1

• Camerado
No doubts. Best Sultans of Swing in last seven years. Faster, inspired, and aparently without guitar's errors.

Holy Sh**, thats amazing!

Offlineherlock

• Juliet
Maybe I am too strict, but despite the lack of obvious errors, his voice sounds a bit like doing the duty. I guess that the "live" experience will cover this for the lucky ticket holders, but the video or audio for the unlucky ones will be,  just above average.

Herlock I totally agree with you. The keyboards in Alchemy and SOS in particular, fit the song. It is still my faourite SOS live version. (Some from OES, 1985 and Mandela are a bit lower but still very good).

;) How about KTGC or GH?   ;)  SL is the most guitar driven album, more that even  STP. I love the sound of the songs, even the weaker ones. And don't get me wrong, I know we have a subjective chit-chat, I meant the worst album according to you!  ;D
Yes, Alchemy is a killer... I also have the Live Aid DVD and I know many don't like it but I think it was a very good version, great mess on stage :)
I like  GH and KTGC, maybe a little bit less than the others I mentionned. KTGC was his most misunderstood album, yet I find some very good gems on it (Punish the Monkey, Madame Geneva,...).
SL may be guitar-driven but I find it clinical, cold,... too many stinkers for me: Sony, Donegan, All that matters... can't stand them. BLT gets the job done as a single, but does not have the emotional power of WII or BR... 5.15am is nice but a bit dull for my taste.... Postcards was the only one that thrilled me. So I'm glad it's back ! :)

OfflineMaxx

• Camerado
No doubts. Best Sultans of Swing in last seven years. Faster, inspired, and aparently without guitar's errors.

.. and I thought the Bucharest version was better than ever (except some rhytmh failure during the fiddly bits). This one easily topped that.  He seems more inspired on all DS songs than previous tours.

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
this one (SOS) was real good indeed, not just the ending, bt those "different" notes planted everywhere, very freestylish for a guy named knopfler...
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

Offlineherlock

• Juliet
I don't know why there is talk about a "short" show since thursday... they never did "real" encores, and as long as the playing time is around 2 hrs there is nothing wrong with a 16 songs-set. Remember the last shows from 2010 had only 14 songs, but the shows lasted 2 hrs nevertheless.

LE

We all know the first shows are the longest and songs soon get dropped.

They could drop Marbletown and fit in a couple of great songs.  It's just a waste of over 10 minutes.  Makes me cringe every time I think of that and how they could fill that time.  It's a crime.
Never understood the intensity of your dislike for Marbletown... I think it has become a classic and would be sad if it was dropped !

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
by the way, i will try to keep track of the new songs vs last show and amount of different tracks played. done it for the first two shows (there is is still easy)
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

OfflineKay Edvin

• Camerado
  • MK - my hero!
    • MK Norge (Norwegian MK Fanclub)
Fantastic version of Sultans!! So much power!!  8) this is so great!!
I think Mark will keep it coming on this tour!! He is getting warm now.  :clap
"The way he sings and plays guitar still bring me to tears"

Love Expresso

Quote from: dmg

" Issac wrote in his blog that there was no band intro in Bucharest.  I sincerely hope MK is still talking to the audience.  I'd miss his little jokes and interactions.  I also hope he starts to introduce the band in the future."

I totally agree!   Personally, I don't mind what MK plays, so long as he is still playing for me, but if he stops talking to us and doing band intros, then that would be really upsetting!   :'(    I love hearing Mark's speaking voice - even the jokes!   ;D   I hope this isn't something he has learned from Dylan!  ::)

Honestly, I like his talking voice, too, BUT: I prefer him playing Sultans like last night any time - compared with all this "Doctor said.."  "Swing at Macbeth"... stuff we heard EVERY single show in 2010... i swear, if that boring, sleepy Macbeth stuff (like he did before Redbud Tree last year) comes up again, I will leave the venue (for a pee break or something, but then again, that one would have been done during Romeo & Juliet).... I would love him to take that over from Bob, really! So Mark, better shut up and get on fire on Sultans and the others!  ;D

LE

Love Expresso

Also great, from the same uploader, WHAT IT WAS IN ISTANBUL. And I always thought only ze Germans would clapping like that during a show...
but hey, Mark plays without the usual mistakes he is making these days...great powerful outro...  maybe they had a good Shisha that afternoon...

LE

Offlineherlock

• Juliet
The video does not seem to load...

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.059 seconds with 43 queries.