Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Concert # 02:2013.04.27, Ulker Sports Arena, Istanbul, TR # SPOILER AHEAD #  (Read 66282 times)

Offlinestefankock

• Camerado
I don't know why there is talk about a "short" show since thursday... they never did "real" encores, and as long as the playing time is around 2 hrs there is nothing wrong with a 16 songs-set. Remember the last shows from 2010 had only 14 songs, but the shows lasted 2 hrs nevertheless.

LE

We all know the first shows are the longest and songs soon get dropped.

They could drop Marbletown and fit in a couple of great songs.  It's just a waste of over 10 minutes.  Makes me cringe every time I think of that and how they could fill that time.  It's a crime.

In 2008 the 1st show of the tour in A'dam lasted 2h and 3 minutes ..... the last recording from that tour that I have (Charlotte, July 27th 2008) lasted also 2h and 3 minutes.

Offlinestefankock

• Camerado
I don't know why there is talk about a "short" show since thursday... they never did "real" encores, and as long as the playing time is around 2 hrs there is nothing wrong with a 16 songs-set. Remember the last shows from 2010 had only 14 songs, but the shows lasted 2 hrs nevertheless.

LE

They could drop Marbletown and fit in a couple of great songs.  It's just a waste of over 10 minutes.  Makes me cringe every time I think of that and how they could fill that time.  It's a crime.
I feel like that with the awful version of T road. They could get 3 songs in its place.

Don't agree here ... I don't particulary find the 2008/2010 versions among the best and the version from April 25th is neither, but that outro solo was one of the best (more aggresive and faster,  but shorter) since 2005 in my opinion !!

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler

LE

In 2008 the 1st show of the tour in A'dam lasted 2h and 3 minutes ..... the last recording from that tour that I have (Charlotte, July 27th 2008) lasted also 2h and 3 minutes.
Amsterdam had 2 more songs though.
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Offlinestefankock

• Camerado

LE

Yes, but in the end the show time was the same .. more, but shorter,  songs against less, but longer, songs .... does it really matter in the end ?

If he dropped all songs above 6 minutes he could add a lot more songs instead .... could be up to 25 then  ;D (just a joke to show this is just a friendly discussion, i respect your opinion !)

Offlineingridswing

• Founder
  • Rüdiger
OK guys, now he is changing the document and it seems more reliable  ;D
I send him a textmessage, telling he's a joker  :P

1. What it is
2. Corned Beef City
3. Cleaning my Gun
4. Privateering
5. Father and Son/The Long Road (listed as fas/tlr, so don't know what he means)
6. Hillfarmers Blues
7. I used to Could
8. Romeo & Juliet
9. Sultans of Swing
10. Song for Sonny Liston
11. Postcards from Paraguay
12. Marbletown
13. Speedway at Nazareth
14. Telegraph Road
15. Brothers in Arms
16. So far Away

Confirmed setlist, 16 songs, SFA last song

[/quote]

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler

LE

Yes, but in the end the show time was the same .. more, but shorter,  songs against less, but longer, songs .... does it really matter in the end ?

If he dropped all songs above 6 minutes he could add a lot more songs instead .... could be up to 25 then  ;D (just a joke to show this is just a friendly discussion, i respect your opinion !)
:lol  I've got it - his band introduction was longer with more jokes!

On that topic, Issac wrote in his blog that there was no band intro in Bucharest.  I sincerely hope MK is still talking to the audience.  I'd miss his little jokes and interactions.  I also hope he starts to introduce the band in the future.
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Offlineshangri la 1

• Founder
  • Juliet
  • Hi all and welcome to A.M.I.T.
    • AMIT TV
Hello everyone from Istanbul.
I look forward to see the concert tomorrow. I'll be seeing it at the front stage.
:wave Welcome to AMIT - Hope you had a great time!  :thumbsup

Offlinejabbathehut

• Camerado
ummm postcards ,very nice

Offlineherlock

• Juliet
Really great to have Postcards, maybe the only song I really like on the Shangri-La album, my least favorite MK album ! together with Going Home, these are the two songs I missed from 2008 for which no soundboard recording was ever issued - we will get them now, so great (I don't care for the others missing from 2008, TLWLF and Cannibals).

I'm very sad YTC is not part of the main set. This is the best song on the Privateering album, really great and adictive, when I think that there is a risk not to hear it in Paris I feel this is a waste....

As for the comment on TR: TR might be slower and in "karaoke mode", but it is still TR, that is, one of the best songs of all ages from anybody ever !! I don't want it to be replaced with anything ! (except TOL, but this is a fantasy that will never be real).

Border and Piper, please come back ! I disagree with the comment on Border, it is among the best openers ever !

Offlinevgonis

• Juliet
  • They waited for an hour and then nothing happened
    • greece in dire straits, life in greece
SL the worst album? Hardly.
Come on, it is not funny anymore.

Offlinesweetsurrender

• Romeo
Looooveee paraguayyyyyyyyyyyy!

Meeeeee Tooooooo  :thumbsup :clap :)  It's the one song I'd love to hear Mark plays live !!!!!  Istanbul' recording would be the one I'm looking forward to listening at the moment.   :)

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
Quote from: dmg

" Issac wrote in his blog that there was no band intro in Bucharest.  I sincerely hope MK is still talking to the audience.  I'd miss his little jokes and interactions.  I also hope he starts to introduce the band in the future."

I totally agree!   Personally, I don't mind what MK plays, so long as he is still playing for me, but if he stops talking to us and doing band intros, then that would be really upsetting!   :'(    I love hearing Mark's speaking voice - even the jokes!   ;D   I hope this isn't something he has learned from Dylan!  ::)

Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlinellombitos

• Guitar George
No doubts. Best Sultans of Swing in last seven years. Faster, inspired, and aparently without guitar's errors.

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
No doubts. Best Sultans of Swing in last seven years. Faster, inspired, and aparently without guitar's errors.

WOW!!   Thank you!    Fantastic and FULL OF ENERGY!!!!     :thumbsup    :clap
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlinestefankock

• Camerado
Thanks for the link !

Yes, Mark seems to be really on fire and is playing great !

Although I don't like to travel 3 hours for something, I'll be getting a ticket for Zwolle tomorrow. Haven't seen Mark live since 2010 and don't want to miss out again ... especially when he is playing like this !!

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.036 seconds with 39 queries.