Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Concert # 02:2013.04.27, Ulker Sports Arena, Istanbul, TR # SPOILER AHEAD #  (Read 66259 times)

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
Many thanks for your report, GennT!    It is always good to hear from someone who was at the show.   I'm really looking forward to mine now!    Glad you enjoyed it all!   :)
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlineherlock

• Juliet
Hey herlock,

you are officially allowed to call me strange, but I like the way TR is played now. To me, it adds some kind of tension.

http://www.youtube.com/v/ihQoekCxnXA?version=3&autohide=1
I don't hate it for sure (is there any bad version of TR ?) but two things really disturb me since 2008:
- The slower pace overvall and of the final solo (just listen to Lyon 2005 and you'll see what "out of this world" means)
- The "karaoke mode" after "rolling river", where the first guital solo is replaced by some cittern dull rants. Can't stand it.

Other than that, I like it... but it is one minute shorter than before !! ??

Offlinemotorkiran

• Guitar George
They played so far away and i fell to the floor. That was really fantastic for me.

Live long Marky. And come back again.

OfflineJustme

• Romeo
  • Kilnockie Supporters Club
Hey herlock,

you are officially allowed to call me strange, but I like the way TR is played now. To me, it adds some kind of tension.

http://www.youtube.com/v/ihQoekCxnXA?version=3&autohide=1
I don't hate it for sure (is there any bad version of TR ?) but two things really disturb me since 2008:
- The slower pace overvall and of the final solo (just listen to Lyon 2005 and you'll see what "out of this world" means)
- The "karaoke mode" after "rolling river", where the first guital solo is replaced by some cittern dull rants. Can't stand it.

Other than that, I like it... but it is one minute shorter than before !! ??

I'll listen to Lyon 2005 soon, thanks for the hint. And, okay, I do dislike the cittern!
But, dear dmg, my very own expression has always been like this: first shows are a bit rusty, then his playing gets better and better - although he sometimes settles into auto-pilot, depending on his mood I reckon.
And she's sitting in her Lusso, in the early morning sun.

Offlinenaif

• Camerado
Hello from Turkey to everyone! Last night was absolutely best night of my life. I came from 2000 km to Istanbul and i've just got home, so sory for the delay. I've got some photos and good quality videos of 6-7 song. Mark's form far better than 2008 KTGC tour, I'm saying this because his last visit to istanbul in 2008 june. I've met GennT and he is a very good guy with the very nice MK t-shirt, Hi again GennT :) The crowd is amazing and i suppose Mark had a lot of fun last nigt. The venue is huge and it was nearly full last night which means 13.000-14.000 people. Telegraph road, SOS, SAN, and HFB higlights of the night. I've got What it is, Corned Beef City, Cleaning My Gun, I used to could, Romeo and Juliet, Hill Farmer's Blues and 2 minutes SOS. I'll upload to youtube as soon as i can. I must say TR is far better than any 2010 version. At last we had a great night yesterday i hope Mark will understand that Istanbul not so far away from him :)

The Venue:
http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/581400_439301226158516_1977078919_n.jpg
« Last Edit: April 28, 2013, 09:25:18 PM by naif »

Offlineherlock

• Juliet
Hello from Turkey to everyone! Last night was absolutely best night of my life. I came from 2000 km to ?stanbul and i've just got home, so sory for the delay. I've got some photos and good quality videos of 6-7 song. Mark's form far better than 2008 KTGC tour, ?'m saying this because his last visit to istanbul in 2008 june. I've met GennT and he is a very good guy with the very nice MK t-shirt, Hi again GennT :) The crowd is amazing and i suppose Mark had a lot of fun last nigt. The venue is huge and it was nearly full last night which means 13.000-14.000 people. Telegraph road, SOS, SAN, and HFB higlights of the night. I've got What it is, Corned Beef City, Cleaning My Gun, I used to could, Romeo and Juliet, Hill Farmer's Blues and 2 minutes SOS. I'll upload to youtube as soon as i can. I must say TR is far better than any 2010 version. At last we had a great night yesterday i hope Mark will understand that ?stanbul not so far away from him :)

The Venue:
http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/581400_439301226158516_1977078919_n.jpg
Thanks a lot Naif for that !!
Don't you have a vid of "Postcards" ? i guess this is what most people here are longing for right now :D

Offlinenaif

• Camerado
Hello from Turkey to everyone! Last night was absolutely best night of my life. I came from 2000 km to ?stanbul and i've just got home, so sory for the delay. I've got some photos and good quality videos of 6-7 song. Mark's form far better than 2008 KTGC tour, ?'m saying this because his last visit to istanbul in 2008 june. I've met GennT and he is a very good guy with the very nice MK t-shirt, Hi again GennT :) The crowd is amazing and i suppose Mark had a lot of fun last nigt. The venue is huge and it was nearly full last night which means 13.000-14.000 people. Telegraph road, SOS, SAN, and HFB higlights of the night. I've got What it is, Corned Beef City, Cleaning My Gun, I used to could, Romeo and Juliet, Hill Farmer's Blues and 2 minutes SOS. I'll upload to youtube as soon as i can. I must say TR is far better than any 2010 version. At last we had a great night yesterday i hope Mark will understand that ?stanbul not so far away from him :)

The Venue:
Thanks a lot Naif for that !!
Don't you have a vid of "Postcards" ? i guess this is what most people here are longing for right now :D
I'm sorry Herlock my memory card doesn't allow me to do that. But i'm sure we have the video sooner or later because the guy who is the next to me taping the song. And we were in the front row.

Offlinenaif

• Camerado

OfflineFieneke2

• Romeo
Whaauww what a messages again! It is hard for me to catch up with all of them, I wish I have more time!  ;D

Thank you Jeroen for sending information to Ingrid about the setlist and of course Ingrid thank you again for posting! LOL Thank you also to the people like GennT; Naif; Scudetto and others who shared their pictures/videos and experience during the concert!

To all the new members of AMIT, I like to say WELCOME to this wonderful forum with so many people from around the world who like to have a great time;  who share their information; discuss but also respect each others opinion and of many fans who became friends thanks to Mark
« Last Edit: April 28, 2013, 10:14:49 PM by Fieneke2 »
If you are good to other people, most of them are good to you too!

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler

But, dear dmg, my very own expression has always been like this: first shows are a bit rusty, then his playing gets better and better - although he sometimes settles into auto-pilot, depending on his mood I reckon.
[/quote]

Totally agree on that.  There comes a certain point on the tour when the band are like a well oiled machine, but still have good energy and inspiration. :thumbsup
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

OfflineVesper

• Lady writer

Offlinenaif

• Camerado
Some photos:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/95378950@N08/8690448042/in/photostream

Thanks naif! The picture of Ian with the Fenerbache shirt!
Yeah man unfortunately, I'm a GALATASARAY fan :)

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
Some photos:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/95378950@N08/8690448042/in/photostream
Thanks.  Some nice action shots there.  Calm down Fieneke! ;D

With regards to above - d'oh!  New drummer please.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2013, 10:19:52 PM by dmg »
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Offlinescudetto

• Guitar George
Everyone thinks (in social media) Ian got that FB shirt before but actually some random guy threw it onto stage. :)

OfflineGennT

• Camerado
  • Where them chilly winds don't blow...
Here are some videos that I took. Hopefully Naif got some close-up ones.

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.053 seconds with 38 queries.