Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Concert # 02:2013.04.27, Ulker Sports Arena, Istanbul, TR # SPOILER AHEAD #  (Read 66275 times)

Love Expresso

Have you seen him live before?

Nice shirt!

I plays the very ending, the finale of Sultans "complete" again, with the very last "ornament", which he didn't play in 2010... I love this longer ending much more!

LE

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler

Nice shirt!

I plays the very ending, the finale of Sultans "complete" again, with the very last "ornament", which he didn't play in 2010... I love this longer ending much more!

LE

I know what you mean - the cherry on the cake!

160Euro is expensive.  Almost double what we paid here in the UK if I recall (it was a while ago now).

Talking of shirts, I see Mark also has a new shirt for the tour.  A nice royal blue, I think.  Maybe with a metallic/shiny element to it. :-\  Difficult to tell under the lights when he plays his thing.
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Offlinecannibals

• Romeo
Postcards is a nice surprice in the setlist!!! I'm hoping for a few more this tour!!! Apart from the songs of the new album still a lot off songs from the last tours......... But i am happy with Postcards and Father and Son!!!

Offlineman on a track

• Founder
  • Camerado
@dmg
I paid around 160 Euros.
Checked the prices with some countries (Romania, Croatia, Italy,Serbia,Slovenia and Germany). Ours was double price than those.
Anyways, it was 100% worth it. I'm thinking of ordering this usb stick although I find the price quite expensive.
Are you sure this wasn't only the special mk.com presale price for early entrance?
I paid the very same for Bucharest, row 1 or 2 guaranteed.

Regular tickets were cheaper
The way he sings and plays guitar  
            Still brings me to tears

Offlinescudetto

• Guitar George

Nice shirt!

LE

LE,

Yes I have been living in Istanbul for 8 months.

As for your other question: No, this is my first time. I couldn't get the chance of seeing him in 2008. Plus, you all are very lucky to be able to travel within Europe. We have to apply for a visa and that makes seeing more than 1 show in different cities quite hard. I wonder why he gives only 1 concert in Turkey. We have a huge population of MK/DS fans whereas I see other countries have more than 3-4 concerts in different cities. :(

Offlinescudetto

• Guitar George
@dmg
I paid around 160 Euros.
Checked the prices with some countries (Romania, Croatia, Italy,Serbia,Slovenia and Germany). Ours was double price than those.
Anyways, it was 100% worth it. I'm thinking of ordering this usb stick although I find the price quite expensive.
Are you sure this wasn't only the special mk.com presale price for early entrance?
I paid the very same for Bucharest, row 1 or 2 guaranteed.

Regular tickets were cheaper

I tried to convert to euros. Here are the prices when tickets were announced to be sold by Turkish website. (expensive to cheapest)

160-85-65-55-42

OfflineGennT

• Camerado
  • Where them chilly winds don't blow...
Hey guys! :)

I couldn't get internet connection during or after the concert to update you. So sorry for that.

The concert was fantastic. I can't believe Mark is in that great shape. Far better than the 2010 concert that I attended in Amsterdam.

So here's my story:

Turkey is one of the ony 4 countries that allow Kosovo citizens to travel without a visa, so I was very happy to hear when the tickets went on sale. It was my first time in Istanbul so I had to plan everything, which I did. But then the venue changed to the Asian side of Istanbul and I had to re-plan everything, but I'm glad that it changed. I got to walk around Taksim square, Istiklal street, take the ferry to the Asian side, walk around the market at Kadikoy, eat some deliciusTurkish Doner, drink

Love Expresso

Thank you so much, GennT!
So this must officially be the first "officical concert review by an AMIT member" for 2013! Loved to read it! And loved to read also that you were able to listen to the soundcheck of Paraguay!

LE

Offlineherlock

• Juliet
Yes, thanks, very enjoyable !
Is Postcards available as a vid somewhere ? can't wait to hear it...

Love Expresso

So after today's forum reading and YouTube watching it's clear: Istanbul is a MUST HAVE as a stick...

LE

OfflineJustme

• Romeo
  • Kilnockie Supporters Club
Thanks a lot to you all for these amazing reports. It is a pleasure to read them.

Whenever MK is on tour a real thrilling time begins, there are these wonderful messages & pictures by us "get-a-lifers", the diaries and, of course, the anticipation of seeing some shows in foreign cities.

And yes, that is not my dream setlist too, but after some "youtubing" I learned that MK is in better shape than, perhaps even better than 1996? I don't know, they really have fun up there on stage.

I'm really looking forward to the shows I'm going to visit now!
And she's sitting in her Lusso, in the early morning sun.

Offlineherlock

• Juliet
Thanks a lot to you all for these amazing reports. It is a pleasure to read them.

Whenever MK is on tour a real thrilling time begins, there are these wonderful messages & pictures by us "get-a-lifers", the diaries and, of course, the anticipation of seeing some shows in foreign cities.

And yes, that is not my dream setlist too, but after some "youtubing" I learned that MK is in better shape than, perhaps even better than 1996? I don't know, they really have fun up there on stage.

I'm really looking forward to the shows I'm going to visit now!
Maybe not better shape than 1996, this was really the best of all... I would say similar shape as 2005. Which gives Mark no excuse not to play TR the way he used to in 2005 !

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
Maybe we should calm down a bit.  Mark's definitely not 2005 levels yet.  The first concerts are always more energetic than the last ones, just compare them from every tour.  The bands' performance also improves though and becomes sharper over that same period so one has to be balanced with the other.  Let's just see how this transpires...
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

OfflineJustme

• Romeo
  • Kilnockie Supporters Club
Hey herlock,

you are officially allowed to call me strange, but I like the way TR is played now. To me, it adds some kind of tension.

http://www.youtube.com/v/ihQoekCxnXA?version=3&autohide=1

And she's sitting in her Lusso, in the early morning sun.

Offlineherlock

• Juliet
Maybe we should calm down a bit.  Mark's definitely not 2005 levels yet.  The first concerts are always more energetic than the last ones, just compare them from every tour.  The bands' performance also improves though and becomes sharper over that same period so one has to be balanced with the other.  Let's just see how this transpires...
Yeah, I agree, maybe not 2005 level yet.
2005 was great energy, fast pace (except for WOL, but who cares) with a very stripped-down band: no flute, ni violin... just guitar, bass, keys and drums. It was better in some ways (see the abuse of flute/pipes nowadays), and also maybe lacking something (the interlude in WII was less elaborated). I still listen to WII and TR from Lyon 2005 as the best versions ever...

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.036 seconds with 44 queries.