Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Will we get a DVD/Blu-ray from the 2013 tour? THE POLL  (Read 14095 times)

OfflineJules

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
Will we get a DVD/Blu-ray from the 2013 tour? THE POLL
« on: February 04, 2013, 05:20:19 PM »
Ok, lets say what we think that will or not happens about the dvd thing...
So Long

Offlinestefankock

• Camerado
Re: Will we get a DVD/Blu-ray from the 2013 tour? THE POLL
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2013, 05:51:06 PM »
I've chosen the 3rd option.

Looking at the past I certainly don't expect such a release, but as I, for several reasons, aren't able to attend any concerts this coming tour I definately hope for a dvd release of one of the concerts. Seeing the last (I don't count the Alchemy release) live dvd we've got was the MK/EH tour in 2006 and the last stand alone MK concert was the 1996 BBC concert I think a recent MK concert release on dvd is long overdue.

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2013, 06:19:53 PM »
I've chosen the 3rd option.

Looking at the past I certainly don't expect such a release, but as I, for several reasons, aren't able to attend any concerts this coming tour I definately hope for a dvd release of one of the concerts. Seeing the last (I don't count the Alchemy release) live dvd we've got was the MK/EH tour in 2006 and the last stand alone MK concert was the 1996 BBC concert I think a recent MK concert release on dvd is long overdue.

Even the 1996 ANIL was just an officially released video from a Jools Holland TV show special, so I wouldn't even count that because it wasn't recorded from a "proper" concert.
"...and I blew up the radio in pretty short order."

Offlinetwm

• Romeo
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2013, 06:37:19 PM »
It might be simpler just to wait to see if any of the shows actually gets filmed professionally and, if one or more do, then by all means start to speculate about an actual release.  Until then, ..........
« Last Edit: February 04, 2013, 08:43:30 PM by twm »

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2013, 06:54:04 PM »
It might be simpler just to wait to see if any of the shows actually gets filmed professionally and, if one or more do, then bt all means start to speculate about an actual release.  Until then, ..........

Probably right but we're getting rather impatient by now! ;)

OfflineRkd

• Camerado
  • and the thread was spun to some arcadian band...
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2013, 08:42:09 PM »
Well, if Mark has to participate in the editing, I don't think it will ever happen. I cite the following interview from Barnes and Noble as my reference:

B&N.com: Were you involved in the recent remastering of the Dire Straits albums at all?
MK: If it's the Bob Ludwig ones, then yes. They were sent for approval back then, a while back.
B&N.com: Did it make you go back and reexamine those songs?
MK: No. I remember once we had to make a live album. We'd been playing ten nights at Hammersmith Odeon [in London], or a week, whatever it was, and I started listening to a performance from Monday night and I thought, Shit, I can't go through this. I said, "What was a good night?" Somebody said, "Saturday was a good night." I said, "Okay, that's the album." I just couldn't wade through it all.
B&N.com: Have you ever given in and listened to it at any point?
MK: If I'm unlucky enough to be somewhere when it comes on, I guess I have to hear a few bars of it.
B&N.com: You don't like to look back, do you?
MK: I'm the last man in the world to look back on that stuff. I always want to be going forward. I think it would be sad to sit around at home and listen to your own records. There's something deeply tragic about that [laughs].
September 26, 2000

Offlinetwm

• Romeo
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2013, 08:51:20 PM »
And that's exactly the attitude, outlook and approach that any artist and/or performer should have. Keep pressing on, maybe to something better, maybe not, but definitely to something different. There must always be that underlying feeling, unconcious perhaps, rarely if ever stated overtly, that "the best is yet to come". That striving for something better, sometimes bigger but not always, sometimes just more refined or of a different quality, sometimes just any kind of change to refresh the mind.  Just keep pressing on.

OfflineRkd

• Camerado
  • and the thread was spun to some arcadian band...
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2013, 09:00:14 PM »
And that's exactly the attitude, outlook and approach that any artist and/or performer should have. Keep pressing on, maybe to something better, maybe not, but definitely to something different. There must always be that underlying feeling, unconcious perhaps, rarely if ever stated overtly, that "the best is yet to come". That striving for something better, sometimes bigger but not always, sometimes just more refined or of a different quality, sometimes just any kind of change to refresh the mind.  Just keep pressing on.

Yes!

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2013, 09:07:26 PM »
...and that's why we have Guy in the team!

To keep looking forward is fine but one must also be aware of the past, at the very least.  Seems Mark wants to railroad around it completely.

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2013, 09:15:42 PM »
true, i admire the act of looking forward, but there is no harm in having someone look over your past and "take care of it" for you, right?
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2013, 09:34:07 PM »
true, i admire the act of looking forward, but there is no harm in having someone look over your past and "take care of it" for you, right?

Mark and Guy have a good partnership going on there.  I really would fear for us if Guy departed.

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2013, 09:46:31 PM »
i am the only one that voted for...by the way
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

OfflineFieneke2

• Romeo
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2013, 09:51:11 PM »
Quote dmg: "I really would fear for us if Guy departed."

Dmg, that would be horrible if Guy would leave!  :o First of all because he is such a nice guy and of course because we wouldn't
be able to get information anymore! ........... I just don't want to think about that! Guy is as important as Mark is and I don't want to miss him!

I voted also for number 3, because I hope there will be a DVD like we had with the MK/EH Tour.

I can understand that MK wants to look forward, he always did and that is why we have so many different kinds of beautiful songs!

BUT it is also my opinion that Mark or at least his management should think about ALL those fans in the world who would love
to attend one of the concerts, but don't have the possibilty!  :'( Especial fans from outside Europe might not have money enough
to travel and book an hotel to attent one of the concerts! How beautiful would it be for those fans if they can watch the DVD and
enjoy a live concert as well!

Fieneke
« Last Edit: February 04, 2013, 10:00:17 PM by Fieneke2 »
If you are good to other people, most of them are good to you too!

Offlinenaif

• Camerado
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2013, 09:56:45 PM »
We are not talking about the DS dvd right? They can do a solo material dvd for all the MK fans from the whole world. The subject isn't looking back or forward.  Clapton, Gilmour, Rea... do this dvd thing and i don't think they're obsessive about the past.

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2013, 11:02:54 PM »
Alright, own up - who voted for number 2? :disbelief

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.046 seconds with 39 queries.