Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Will we get a DVD/Blu-ray from the 2013 tour?  (Read 9223 times)

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
Re: Will we get a DVD/Blu-ray from the 2013 tour?
« Reply #30 on: January 31, 2013, 12:10:22 PM »
Thanks jbaent!    MK seems much happier these days too!   :)   
Goin' into Tow Law....

OfflineJules

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #31 on: January 31, 2013, 12:16:45 PM »
Thanks jbaent!    MK seems much happier these days too!   :)

Yes, but there is something that I really miss...

Before, when he got a really great and killer song, that song was not only released, but also the single. Now, as most of his songs are more low profile (in terms of kind of song, more quiet, celtic or folk kinda song) most of that killer songs doesn
So Long

OfflineVesper

• Lady writer
« Reply #32 on: January 31, 2013, 12:50:07 PM »
I seem to recall that there were more songs left out from STP, and Mark wasn't happy about it at all.
He liked those songs, I read somewhere Red Staggerwing was one and the other one I haven't heard but I can't recall the name!

Does somebody know?

And jbaent, what song do you mean from the Get Lucky sessions?

And I do agree with that Mark's seems a little scared to sound like the old guitar rocking superstar back in the days,
But I'm sure he could!

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #33 on: January 31, 2013, 01:26:02 PM »
Whether or not we would have had different types of songs on the records is debatable;  it may just be the direction Mark's music has taken.  Remember there was no McCusker ::) or McGoldrick ::) in the band in those glorious 8) days when managed by Ed.

Regarding PCM:  after careful deliberation and on the account of what I've read on this very forum I'm beginning to think that they do a terrible job for the fans:

1.  Run from Toronto when he's a UK artist with his strongest fan base in Europe.  This is a bonkers decision and the only reason can be to reduce costs.

2.  Botched release of Privateering album in USA.

3.  Pre-sale of concert tickets mis-handled in that the buyer is totally unaware of what seat they have just bought.  Pot luck.  My Dad was on the internet (thinking of going to a London concert) and could have bought a ticket in the arena section on Tuesday night knowing where his seat was!

4.  Release of concert dates should be all-at-once and finalised.  Not in "bits and bobs."  How can people organise holidays, go to multiple concerts or know if they have a home concert at all.

5.  The box sets.  Maybe if they were sending them from Europe to ROW and Toronto to North/South America then that would have made it easier, but must have been a nightmare for those who ordered through the official site.

« Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 01:28:57 PM by dmg »
"...and I blew up the radio in pretty short order."

OfflineJules

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #34 on: January 31, 2013, 01:36:13 PM »
The Getlucky killer song was mentioned in this dairy entry

http://www.guyfletcher.co.uk/index.php/getluckyrecording2009/October_30th

Guy was asked about it in his forum many times and he answered that the track was never released

"Red Staggerwing" and "Donkeytown" were in the version that it was supposed to be the definiive STP, but there were many discussions in the record company about it (I remember Giancarlo Passarella talking in the TR Mailing List about very complicated meetings about it with the record company), and I guess also with Ed, and in the end, that songs were left out, and we had two different versions, one for the US with "Do America" instead "One more matinee" and, the other way around for the rest of the world, except the UK, that had both songs...

The known list of left out tracks for that record is quite extensive, as many titles had been mentioned by MK in many interviews, so I guess he was very upset about that tracks left out for one reason or another. I heard some of the titles in some interviews, I read about anothers, and some were played (Pyroman) or considered to be played (Bonafide) live.

This is the list:

Lets see you (bonus track)
Long highway (bonus track)
Camerado (bonus track)
Pyroman (played live)
Bonafide (considered to be played live, but never performed)
Red Staggerwing (used later in "All the roadrunning)
Donkeytown  (used later in "All the roadrunning)
You are not even gone
Don
So Long

OfflineJules

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #35 on: January 31, 2013, 01:45:10 PM »
From Guy
So Long

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #36 on: January 31, 2013, 01:59:11 PM »
Long Highway's an old one;  it was performed in Dublin on 23rd August 1991 for the first time remember.  If Ed was responsible for that being dropped then he was an even better judge than I thought!  Go Ed!! ;D

It would be really interesting to have an album or even tour now without John and Mike in the band...  One thing's for sure - Ed would never have approved of these guys joining the touring band.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 02:08:31 PM by dmg »

OfflineBanjo99uk

• Romeo
« Reply #37 on: January 31, 2013, 02:48:01 PM »
Long Highway's an old one;  it was performed in Dublin on 23rd August 1991 for the first time remember.  If Ed was responsible for that being dropped then he was an even better judge than I thought!  Go Ed!! ;D

It would be really interesting to have an album or even tour now without John and Mike in the band...  One thing's for sure - Ed would never have approved of these guys joining the touring band.
I could do without Mike, one too many folkies for my liking.

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #38 on: January 31, 2013, 02:56:09 PM »

I've often thought that too.  John's there for the fiddle parts in WII etc.  Mike just "gets used" in songs when he really isn't required.

OfflineBanjo99uk

• Romeo
« Reply #39 on: January 31, 2013, 03:05:27 PM »

I've often thought that too.  John's there for the fiddle parts in WII etc.  Mike just "gets used" in songs when he really isn't required.
I thought that too.

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #40 on: January 31, 2013, 06:44:03 PM »
Well I love John and Mike in the band and I will miss them very much when or if they eventually leave!   :(   

Anyway, I will be seeing both of them again next Monday in Gateshead at Transatlantic Sessions with lots of people like Jerry Douglas, ali Bain, Mary Chapin Carpenter, Danny Thompson, Karen Mathieson and Eddi Reader to name but a few!   :D
Goin' into Tow Law....

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #41 on: January 31, 2013, 10:01:32 PM »
interesting story Jbaent!!!
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

OfflineVesper

• Lady writer
« Reply #42 on: February 01, 2013, 11:22:00 AM »
Thanks jbaent!
Bonafide was the song I ment.

A shame we don

Offlinenababo

• Camerado
« Reply #43 on: February 02, 2013, 12:37:16 PM »
Well, I dream that someday all this leftovers will happilly take part in a sensational boxset with all DS/MK collection, plus one or two discs of unreleased songs... Is it too much to ask?
Love over gold, mind over matter

OfflineJules

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #44 on: February 03, 2013, 06:58:31 PM »
Well, I dream that someday all this leftovers will happilly take part in a sensational boxset with all DS/MK collection, plus one or two discs of unreleased songs... Is it too much to ask?

I guess it is.
So Long

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.037 seconds with 39 queries.