Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Privateering after about a month  (Read 28568 times)

Offlinepanzerdriver

• Guitar George
  • Tell me how we're gonna do what's best....
Re: Privateering after about a month
« Reply #60 on: October 23, 2012, 10:09:36 AM »
knopflerfan, I am sorry for your loss...I, too, have turned to MK's music in times of serious trauma. There's something about his music that helps where nothing else does...

nabobo, you do well in communicating. And yes, this is a big family. I believe we all feel like relatives here!
A hen can lay a golden egg, but she still can't sing.

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #61 on: October 23, 2012, 10:24:34 AM »
knopflerfan - I am so sorry to hear of your father's death.     Mark's music has always been a great comfort to me at times like this and I'm sure it is to you too.   My thoughts are with you and your family at this sad time.
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #62 on: October 23, 2012, 01:04:42 PM »
So sorry to hear of your loss.  It's an old cliche but time is the only way of helping one to deal with things like this.

I was very close to my Gran and when she died in 2003 of course I was very upset but I never listened to any MK music at all for about a fortnight simply because I didn't want any particular song to remind me of the death when it was played in the future.  Now I can listen to all of them and I am not reminded of my Grans death even though she too liked Marks music.  I don't mind telling you, It was a difficult two weeks;  no MK! :o
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Offlineingridswing

• Founder
  • Rüdiger
« Reply #63 on: October 23, 2012, 07:46:36 PM »
Dear Knopflerfan.

I am so sorry for your loss. I hope the music will give you comfort and strength. See you next year in better times.
Take care, Ingrid

OfflineFieneke2

• Romeo
« Reply #64 on: October 23, 2012, 10:22:31 PM »

Dear Knopflerfan, I am so sorry to hear that your father died! I wish you, your wife and the rest of your family a lot of courage and strength in these difficult times.

September 2009 my mother in-law died because of dementia too, so I can imagine what you have been going through! Because her death was unexpected nobody of the family knew what music should be played at the ceremony, so I suggested that Irish Boy and Father & Son would be perfect and it was played. I am sure she would have loved this music as well! Every time when I hear this music I think about her and the beautiful memories we have!

You all are in my thoughts and I hope to meet you both in London as well!

Regards Fieneke
If you are good to other people, most of them are good to you too!

Love Expresso

« Reply #65 on: October 23, 2012, 10:47:38 PM »

Listened to Piper To The End on the train today (coincidentally more or less) and thought about the sheer brilliance of this song  - I listened to the live version from Locarno 2010 which I always found especially touching - don't know why.

Today the song reminded me about the hard times you are going through at the moment, Knopflerfan, and although we never met personalwise, I am sure AMIT is a band strong enough to justify my condolences to you. Next year, when we will meet in London (at the same Hotel actually), everything will be a little bit brighter for you and your loved ones. I myself accompanied my stepfather through dying last summer, and even if it sounds strange, the AMIT community was a very welcomed distraction during the months after that - so far away but so close at the same time.

LE

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #66 on: October 23, 2012, 11:29:53 PM »
Well what can I say -  I am speechless!
What a fantastic bunch of people you all are - Thankyou on behalf of my wife and I.
Even Guy and the band sent me their condolances which obviously mean a great deal. I informed Guy that I am playing PTTE at dads funeral next week and he at once sent a lovely message back.

Yes times are hard not having father about, but he is with me at all times if you know what I mean.

I informed the priest (who is a close friend) today who is taking the service next week about why I wanted the piece played and how much this particular track meant not only to me but to dad - and he loved the idea of how much it seemed to comfort dad during his illness.

Back on thread slightly I am 100 % sure dad would have loved the majority of the tracks on the new album - just as much as I do.

We are looking forward to meeting the majority of you next year on 'the tour'

Incidentally my way of distraction is getting the good old 'MK' strat out and playing along to the album.....
also I have succesfully downloaded two MK 'BD' tour concerts onto CD and I have to say that this MK is at his best!
'Yon two Crows' and 'I used to could': 'Live' - awesome!!!
« Last Edit: October 23, 2012, 11:34:11 PM by knopflerfan »
* Mark Knopfler - NOT just a hobby, but a way of life!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

Offlinerosco

• Camerado
« Reply #67 on: October 24, 2012, 11:32:34 AM »
Sorry to hear of your loss.
My Mother has a similar illness.
My sympathies are with you and family.

OfflineAl

• Guitar George
« Reply #68 on: October 25, 2012, 04:23:58 AM »
Knopflerfan, i wish you strength and serenity. Loosing one's parent is very hard, like there's nobody to protect you. But know that your dad is still watching over you and your family. Music ( MK or others) is always a big help at difficult times.

Offlineshangri la 1

• Founder
  • Juliet
  • Hi all and welcome to A.M.I.T.
    • AMIT TV
« Reply #69 on: October 25, 2012, 08:12:57 AM »
Knopflerfan - Please accept our sympathy to you and your family for your loss. I hope the grieving process passes quickly and fond memories of better times remain.

OfflineMusicGirl1

• Local Hero
« Reply #70 on: October 25, 2012, 09:25:28 AM »
Knopflerfan, I too wish you and your family strength and wisdom during these sad times.
May you find support in your favorite music. When the clouds of sadness clear, may the good and warm memories of your father remain.
Through those memories, your father will live on in your heart.

Maaike

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #71 on: October 26, 2012, 09:32:55 AM »
I am speechless by you guys - many thanks for all your support and really kind words. Rest assured I am taking a day at a time, supported by a lovely wife and family/friends who have all been such a great help.
Catch up soon...

PS: Of course the music of 'MK' ALWAYS helps in whatever situation.....
* Mark Knopfler - NOT just a hobby, but a way of life!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #72 on: October 26, 2012, 09:57:29 AM »
MK music always suited my life, in good and in bad. Its like he has a connection with us that we dont know.

However, Privateering has evolved again for me in an unexpected way...

I only listen to it while driving, as at home its a little difficult for me now to do it unless I
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Mona Dee

« Reply #73 on: October 26, 2012, 06:05:05 PM »
Knopflerfan, my father died in november , two years ago. So I know it is a hard time for you now, Christmas-time will be very sad. You will never forget your father, but believe me, one day you are able to laugh again.
I wish you and your family strenght !

Offlinesweetsurrender

• Romeo
« Reply #74 on: October 27, 2012, 01:34:59 AM »
knopflerfan,

Please also accept my condolence for your loss.  Just like everybody said here, MK's music will salvage me from every circumstances I'm. i'm sure it will be for you too.

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.053 seconds with 42 queries.