Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: MK _ Guitar Stories Sky Arts  (Read 51315 times)

foma

Re: MK _ Guitar Stories Sky Arts
« Reply #105 on: October 19, 2012, 01:19:32 AM »
around 14:43, is that pick withers??

Too much hair I think :D

I laughed so hard at part where Mark said "I didn't have any money and I didn't have a car, so I borrowed the car, I borrowed the money and I drove to Whales in a pouring rain".

Is that so easy in the UK? Just borrow the car and go anywhere... only if you are Mark Knopfler maybe? :)

UPD Somebody've made part2 available on youtube with lots of ads though:
« Last Edit: October 19, 2012, 01:23:49 AM by foma »

OfflineGennT

• Camerado
  • Where them chilly winds don't blow...
« Reply #106 on: October 19, 2012, 01:32:30 AM »
Here is the full documentary on Youtube, someone posted it on Facebook.

It's always wonderful to see our man being given the respect he deserves. Really loved this documentary! Kudos to the producers and everyone involved, especially John who is such a cool and humble man. I wrote a quote from the interview that must be one of the best things that Mark has ever said:

"The guitar will be a friend to all your life. It doesn't really matter what happens, just keep playing and keep enjoying it, the music will be a friend to all your life." - Mark Knopfler

OfflineCarrionSpy

• Camerado
« Reply #107 on: October 19, 2012, 10:57:26 AM »
I downloaded it yesterday!!! It is a fantastic documentary and it is always nice to see JI with MK. My opinion is that the Martin HD-40MK has more influence in MKs music than the Monteleone Isabella. :hmm What do you believe ?
What made you think there'd be a living in sheep?

OfflineJF

• Rüdiger
  • Site : Textes, Blog & Rock'N'Roll
    • Blog about music
« Reply #108 on: October 19, 2012, 11:39:03 AM »
I downloaded it yesterday!!! It is a fantastic documentary and it is always nice to see JI with MK. My opinion is that the Martin HD-40MK has more influence in MKs music than the Monteleone Isabella. :hmm What do you believe ?

Yes agree
I also think that the guitars order doesn't reflect Mark's main influences
The #1 had to be the national or the 61 regarding the whole DS/MK history in terms of sounds and images

OfflineMusicGirl1

• Local Hero
« Reply #109 on: October 19, 2012, 12:36:16 PM »
Well....., Since I couldn't really get my sleep last night I watched it in bed on my laptop.
What a great documentary. Very nice to have John Ilsley present the whole thing.

Absolutely loved the pub-gig with Steve Phillips. Meeting up with John Monteleone was very special, a touching moment even.
That showed the special bond between the guitar builder and the guitar player. John was clearly moved by the song Mark wrote about him.
Plus how nice is it, to see John Ilsley and Mark share little stories from the old days.  :)

Maaike 
« Last Edit: October 19, 2012, 03:16:50 PM by MusicGirl1 »

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #110 on: October 19, 2012, 01:07:10 PM »
I have watched this wonderful documentary straight through and absolutely love it!   My favourite part is the gig at The Grosvenor in Robin Hood's Bay - a place I have been to many times.  I was there for a pre- Christmas party a few years ago with Steve and The Rough Diamonds.  It happened to be my husband's birthday and the gig went on 'til almost midnight.  It was very memorable indeed!

I thought Mark looked very happy to be there with Steve.  They seem such great friends and go back a long way.  Mark's face was a picture - such a beautiful smile, it lit up the whole of his face!  Nice boots too!    :)

I liked the bit where they both say "Beautiful" at the same time as they travel through the gorgeous North Yorkshire countryside!   :)
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlinevanman

• Guitar George
« Reply #111 on: October 19, 2012, 03:04:27 PM »
Totally agree, it's a great program. Thanks for providing the links enabling those of us who couldn't see it on the telly to watch it online  :clap  I was enthralled all the way through and just had a big silly wide grin on my face the whole time. I found each of the six guitar stories had great resonance, absolutely loved 'em all. For two years I played my own first electric, an Antoria tele copy, through a little old reel-to-reel tape recorder, 'cos I couldn't afford an amp either! . . and it always sounded absolutely wonderful to me :lol   That feeling of pride, bordering on reverence, really came across when they opened the case and took out the red strat, it was just something else. And I really felt the charge of emotion passing between the master craftsman and the player when they talked about the song that the guitar maker inspired . . think I must have got something in my eye which made it water a little!  :'(   ::)

Oh, and superval99, that's a nice story too . . and you are so right about the "beautiful" bit when they're heading towards Robin Hood's Bay, a gem! . . . just filled me with pride to be a North Yorkshireman!   :wave
Bacon, egg and sausage, double chips and beans . . . . oh yeah!

OfflineMark Heritage

• Guitar George
    • Mark's Musings
« Reply #112 on: October 20, 2012, 12:09:21 AM »
Finally got round to watching it. I was pleased that Guitar 5/6 was included; amazing sound. Also, how Mark get's his wonderful ideas for songs; 6/6 is just another example. I wish I had known about the Pensa-Suhr Guitar shop in NY, as I would have popped in, in August.

Offline3Strats

• Camerado
  • 3 Strats . . and a number of others
    • dtvaviation images.co.uk
« Reply #113 on: October 20, 2012, 09:00:13 AM »
Yes, I thought it was Pick in the audience at the pub too.

I believe Rudy has 2 shops in New York.  My Daughter had a trip there last year with a bunch of friends and when she asked if I wanted anything bringing back I asked for a guitar strap from Rudy's- She got one with Rudys logo on and half a dozen assorted picks with "Rudys Guitar Stop" & contact details stamped on them.   The strap is now attached to my Pensa MK1 copy.  ;D
When you point your finger 'cause your plan fell through you've got 3 more fingers pointing back at you.
MK tour photos & my music page can be found at: http://dtvaviationimages.co.uk

DTRW Tour: Newcastle.  Block A, Row E,
seats 21 & 22

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #114 on: October 20, 2012, 09:44:38 AM »
There is a girl in the centre of the picture at 14.56 in a pink dress, who I recognize very well from somewhere!   ???
« Last Edit: October 20, 2012, 09:47:21 AM by superval99 »
Goin' into Tow Law....

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #115 on: October 20, 2012, 10:55:18 AM »
Seen John AND David reply on this Facebook question ( to John I believe) about mark playing the sultans demo?
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

OfflineMark Heritage

• Guitar George
    • Mark's Musings
« Reply #116 on: October 20, 2012, 12:40:33 PM »
I imagine that light blue Pensa would cost around

Onlinevgonis

• Juliet
  • They waited for an hour and then nothing happened
    • greece in dire straits, life in greece
« Reply #117 on: October 20, 2012, 12:56:55 PM »
I imagine that light blue Pensa would cost around
Come on, it is not funny anymore.

OfflinexxFordiexx

• Camerado
  • Knopfler is KING!
« Reply #118 on: October 20, 2012, 07:11:44 PM »
Here is the full documentary on Youtube, someone posted it on Facebook.

It's always wonderful to see our man being given the respect he deserves. Really loved this documentary! Kudos to the producers and everyone involved, especially John who is such a cool and humble man. I wrote a quote from the interview that must be one of the best things that Mark has ever said:

"The guitar will be a friend to all your life. It doesn't really matter what happens, just keep playing and keep enjoying it, the music will be a friend to all your life." - Mark Knopfler

I honestly think that Mark Knopfler isn't just a premier Guitarist, poet and Songwriter but also a Philosopher.  8)
Fordie

A long time ago came a man on the track......

OfflineJF

• Rüdiger
  • Site : Textes, Blog & Rock'N'Roll
    • Blog about music
« Reply #119 on: October 20, 2012, 11:07:47 PM »
Seen John AND David reply on this Facebook question ( to John I believe) about mark playing the sultans demo?

and so, what did he reply ? (I'm not on FB)

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.036 seconds with 36 queries.