Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: MK _ Guitar Stories Sky Arts  (Read 51320 times)

Love Expresso

Re: MK _ Guitar Stories Sky Arts
« Reply #75 on: October 18, 2012, 08:43:33 AM »
Downloaded it, too.

The audio is running perfectly well, but the picture is freezing after about 2 minutes... and stumble and so on. Any ideas? If I go on with the button on the bar (sorry, have not the right words for it now), a fews seconds running and the same... no fun to watch... Audio runs through without a halt...

I used VLC Player

LE

Offlinevgonis

• Juliet
  • They waited for an hour and then nothing happened
    • greece in dire straits, life in greece
« Reply #76 on: October 18, 2012, 09:01:44 AM »
LE you should try two things.
If you play it from a DVD, you should give it a try straight from the VOB file in your hard disc (hope you have not deleted it yet) to see if it is corrupted and therefore have to download it again. If it plays fine from the VOB, then it is a problem with the DVD transfer, and you could try rewriting it to a DVD.
The second is a trouble shooter for software: Use a different player to see if it solves your problem.
Hope that helps.
Come on, it is not funny anymore.

Love Expresso

« Reply #77 on: October 18, 2012, 09:07:10 AM »
Thanks, will try. Was late yesterday, haven't burnt it yet (was running out of blanks  ;D ) Tried to watch it with the player only... Will report later!

LE

Offlineallen

• A Mark in Time
  • Founder
  • Romeo
  • La KnopflerTK
    • A Mark in Time
« Reply #78 on: October 18, 2012, 09:13:42 AM »
I've uploaded it on vk dot com social network. Direct link to 720p stream without registration:
http://vk.com/video_ext.php?oid=-1623526&id=163932778&hash=22c57d033c4d7b5c&hd=3

Great choice for those who can't understand this 'torrent thing' and who can't wait youtube upload as well.

Thanks very much for uploading the 720p version.  I was watching while downloading. 
My idea of heaven is a place where the Tyne meets the Delta, where folk music meets the blues.

Offlinegeordie_60

• Local Hero
« Reply #79 on: October 18, 2012, 11:59:25 AM »
Geordie, there's a sequence in DONT LOOK BACK, the documentary film of Dylan's 1965 UK tour when he looks at guitars in a shop window. That shop window is in Newcastle but it's not one of J G Windows's windows.  Do you have any idea which shop window it might have been?

ill have a look at the documentary and get back to you on this one!!!!! cheers

it looks like a shop in Pink Lane, which is now a club called the jazz cafe. i was 5 in 1965 so i have no real knowledge of what was about music shop wise. are you sure its newcastle?
« Last Edit: October 18, 2012, 12:21:27 PM by geordie_60 »

OfflineMisterYES

• Local Hero
« Reply #80 on: October 18, 2012, 01:08:01 PM »
I was expecting to see one of the Schecters but non the less very lovely documentary. Thank for the links, both stream and torrents.

Some of the facts in it, are known more than others, but they put very well altogether and John as presenter is a big +  :clap

That gig in the pub is extraordinary and Monteleone is...beyond describable  :o

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #81 on: October 18, 2012, 01:38:25 PM »
I was expecting to see one of the Schecters but non the less very lovely documentary. Thank for the links, both stream and torrents.

Some of the facts in it, are known more than others, but they put very well altogether and John as presenter is a big +  :clap

That gig in the pub is extraordinary and Monteleone is...beyond describable  :o

As is turned out, no guitar to represent the BIA period - the most important in the bands' history.  The LP was the wrong one and he was mostly using Schecters all through the BIA period.  Yet the Monte made it despite it being played only on one album song and never on tour at all! :hmm
"...and I blew up the radio in pretty short order."

Love Expresso

« Reply #82 on: October 18, 2012, 02:14:37 PM »
Yeah, very nice documentary. The same league as the Life In Songs one. Nice to see Mark so relaxed in his car and at home (in his garden, drinking wine with John?) But in fact there was nothing really new to us get-a-lifers, wasn't it? John stressed out that he learned a lot during the making of the show and said he has never seen the Hofner before. But all those stories, borrowed the money, borrowed the car, drove to Wales in the pouring rain, and stuff is our mantra for years...  I loved the "head-shaking" thing and the dialogue about the "which furniture was it I don't know, probably one of your girlfriends"   Ha ha! We had no girlfriends cause we couldn't affort them... Mark really seems to be a s down-to-earth and humble as is always said about him. Would love to meet him and talk to him the way John is able to do.

I love the manners of Steve Phillips, seems also very friendly and nice person. Pity Mark was talking so much about R&J and Steve was just sitting there, I guess I has loads of stuff to tell about MK that nobody REALLY knows...

LE

Love Expresso

« Reply #83 on: October 18, 2012, 02:18:10 PM »
And I loved Mark's introduction to the song at that club gig: "This was played last probably when we both had hair..."   :lol

LE

OfflineJules

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #84 on: October 18, 2012, 04:30:01 PM »
As the downloaded version comes in bluray format, I
So Long

Love Expresso

« Reply #85 on: October 18, 2012, 05:10:43 PM »
What really kills me:

After those snippets at the "Life In Songs" documentary, at this new one we have AGAIN some "newish looking" old stuff from the Wembley 85 show - from Sultans this time - I hope so much that this means something and that there is someone working on it and that it will released some day on DVD/Bluray...
How can they use it all the time and not realize how great it was??

LE

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #86 on: October 18, 2012, 05:24:42 PM »
What really kills me:

After those snippets at the "Life In Songs" documentary, at this new one we have AGAIN some "newish looking" old stuff from the Wembley 85 show - from Sultans this time - I hope so much that this means something and that there is someone working on it and that it will released some day on DVD/Bluray...
How can they use it all the time and not realize how great it was??

LE

One thing is for sure - we will never get a new official release now.  Any release will have to be an old concert and the Alchemy re-release was proof of that.  Any official release from now on will only do damage to our mans reputation and as an official DVD is a document of an artists best work, I wouldn't like to see that.
"...and I blew up the radio in pretty short order."

Love Expresso

« Reply #87 on: October 18, 2012, 05:31:34 PM »
Oh don't know. I would love to see one of the last Get Lucky Tour concerts complete and unabridged... the band was so great with Matt and Danny, the
set list was great... However, if Wembley Arena 85 would be released, I would be able to die as a happy man...

LE

Offlineknopflerized

• Romeo
  • I might Get Lucky ...
    • Mark In Summer Long Ago
« Reply #88 on: October 18, 2012, 06:23:48 PM »
Hello Folks,
Some will think it's a stupid question... but...

Any one can tell me how to burn a bluray? I've got Toast Titanium (with the bluray plugins).
it's different from DVD ( Video_TS)

Help please :)

OfflineJules

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #89 on: October 18, 2012, 06:24:48 PM »
Hello Folks,
Some will think it's a stupid question... but...

Any one can tell me how to burn a bluray? I've got Toast Titanium (with the bluray plugins).
it's different from DVD ( Video_TS)

Help please :)

The torrent has a txt with instructions  ;D
So Long

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.164 seconds with 51 queries.