Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: MK _ Guitar Stories Sky Arts  (Read 51326 times)

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
Re: MK _ Guitar Stories Sky Arts
« Reply #60 on: October 17, 2012, 06:30:45 PM »
Unfortunately I have literally no understanding of torrents and have never successfully downloaded one.  They just seem to be beyond by technical comprehension.  Annoyingly, although I am in the UK, I don't have Sky Arts 1 as I only have Freeview.  I asked my cousin to record it for me but he will be unable to put it on a disc as modern digital set-ups don't allow you to do things like that anymore.  AARGH!  I was really looking forward to seeing this!

Really annoying that, isn't it.  It's back to Beta I think!

« Last Edit: October 17, 2012, 07:10:19 PM by dmg »
"...and I blew up the radio in pretty short order."

OfflineIngo

• Camerado
« Reply #61 on: October 17, 2012, 06:46:55 PM »
Great to see it, really great stuff, thanks for uploading :)

Did you note that the Pensa Suhr MK1 became a Pensa MK1, no word about John Suhr (also it said 1980 which must be 1988 of course). I heard that Rudy Pensa and John Suhr had some arguments about the rights of the MK1, seems it left some marks
my Mark Knopfler guitar style website:
http://www.mk-guitar.com/

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #62 on: October 17, 2012, 07:14:54 PM »
Great to see it, really great stuff, thanks for uploading :)

Did you note that the Pensa Suhr MK1 became a Pensa MK1, no word about John Suhr (also it said 1980 which must be 1988 of course). I heard that Rudy Pensa and John Suhr had some arguments about the rights of the MK1, seems it left some marks

mmmm yes
very strange they promoted the guitar as Pensa only

Yes, they spoke as though that was the very first Pensa/ Pensa-Suhr but, of course it wasn't.  A few other glaring errors too  (as DV pointed out) but doesn't distract from the fact it was a great programme. :thumbsup
"...and I blew up the radio in pretty short order."

Offlinevgonis

• Juliet
  • They waited for an hour and then nothing happened
    • greece in dire straits, life in greece
« Reply #63 on: October 17, 2012, 07:42:57 PM »
Unfortunately I have literally no understanding of torrents and have never successfully downloaded one.  They just seem to be beyond by technical comprehension.  Annoyingly, although I am in the UK, I don't have Sky Arts 1 as I only have Freeview.  I asked my cousin to record it for me but he will be unable to put it on a disc as modern digital set-ups don't allow you to do things like that anymore.  AARGH!  I was really looking forward to seeing this!

Don't lose hope, it will surely show up in youtube.
Come on, it is not funny anymore.

OfflinexxFordiexx

• Camerado
  • Knopfler is KING!
« Reply #64 on: October 17, 2012, 07:48:31 PM »
« Last Edit: October 17, 2012, 08:06:20 PM by xxFordiexx »
Fordie

A long time ago came a man on the track......

OfflinexxFordiexx

• Camerado
  • Knopfler is KING!
« Reply #65 on: October 17, 2012, 07:59:28 PM »
I absolutely loved the documentary that I watched it again today  8) What struck me was that my two eldest kids sat there and watched totally appreciating Knopfler as what he represents.... A living legend. Nice when things like that happen.

It was really great to see the chat with Steve Phillips, Rudy Pensa and Montoleone. You could see just how touched John Montoleone was about Knopfler writing that song about him.

Wonderful documentary

Fordie

A long time ago came a man on the track......

Offlinegeordie_60

• Local Hero
« Reply #66 on: October 17, 2012, 08:02:42 PM »
I thought the programme interesting but then I wouldn't know about the slight misrepresentations nor any "gloss" applied. I really liked the sequence walking along the arcade to J G Windows shop in Newcastle, a place I have visited often. And I enjoyed the Robin Hood's Bay sequence because, althoughI had seen DS perform, it was really the NHB songs and sound that first got me - that "down home" trip. And the New York part was fascinating - Rudy Pensa talking about fashioning a guitar and especially John Monteleone carving one.

yes it was great to see J G windows in newcastle, in an arcade i walk through often. however the fact is that mark knopfler bought his first guitar from a shop called kitchens near the old tiffanys nightclub (featured in the michael caine film get carter). But as mk as a former journalist might say, why let the facts get in the way of a good story?!  and anyway it would be somewhat churlish to kick off about  jg windows, since kitchens is now a bar and windows has  been definitely one of the seminal music shops in the toon for many decades.

OfflineTJ

• Camerado
« Reply #67 on: October 17, 2012, 09:12:45 PM »
Managed to get it downloaded, but the audio/video is off by about 10 seconds, which makes it kind of tough to follow!
Talk soft, carry a big stick, and pack the biggest gun.

Offlinevgonis

• Juliet
  • They waited for an hour and then nothing happened
    • greece in dire straits, life in greece
« Reply #68 on: October 17, 2012, 09:28:38 PM »
Don't you have the delay sync button in your player ? (I use VLC) Maybe that could solve the problem.
Come on, it is not funny anymore.

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #69 on: October 17, 2012, 10:36:04 PM »
Is it a "JTT" rip? That man is good....
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

foma

« Reply #70 on: October 17, 2012, 11:55:25 PM »
I've uploaded it on vk dot com social network. Direct link to 720p stream without registration:
http://vk.com/video_ext.php?oid=-1623526&id=163932778&hash=22c57d033c4d7b5c&hd=3

Great choice for those who can't understand this 'torrent thing' and who can't wait youtube upload as well.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2012, 12:35:32 AM by foma »

OfflineTJ

• Camerado
« Reply #71 on: October 18, 2012, 01:34:04 AM »
Don't you have the delay sync button in your player ? (I use VLC) Maybe that could solve the problem.

Ah yes, that did it.  I was trying to use Windows Media Player, but downloaded VLC and it worked like a charm.  Thanks!
Talk soft, carry a big stick, and pack the biggest gun.

foma

« Reply #72 on: October 18, 2012, 01:47:26 AM »
It so great to see how Monteleone was amazed by 'Monteleone' just like Mark was amazed by Monteleone, sorry for pun :)

Offlinetwm

• Romeo
« Reply #73 on: October 18, 2012, 02:00:13 AM »
Geordie, there's a sequence in DONT LOOK BACK, the documentary film of Dylan's 1965 UK tour when he looks at guitars in a shop window. That shop window is in Newcastle but it's not one of J G Windows's windows.  Do you have any idea which shop window it might have been?

Offlinekoobaa

• Camerado
« Reply #74 on: October 18, 2012, 04:33:04 AM »
This is the best MK documentary I have ever seen. Extremely enjoyable! Such a great idea to make John Illsley the presenter, it gave the whole thing a very warm and friendly impression. Thanks to everyone who made it available.
...Well, he's a big star now but I've been a fan of his for years. The way he sings and plays guitar still bring me to tears...

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.066 seconds with 43 queries.