Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Frustration across the pond ...  (Read 42333 times)

OfflineTJ

• Camerado
Re: Frustration across the pond ...
« Reply #75 on: October 01, 2012, 10:49:37 PM »
I see the statement is back on mk.com and mknews.
Talk soft, carry a big stick, and pack the biggest gun.

Offlinenababo

• Camerado
« Reply #76 on: October 01, 2012, 10:58:32 PM »
Thanks for the info nababo. My head is about to explode with all these assumptions. Thriller 110 million records! It  is roughly what DS and MK sold in all their career!
But it has not aged as good as the DS records I might add.
I thought BiA was the best selling album in UK with  Dark side second, with sales more than the measly 3.9. Phil Collins (excuse me Dusty) said something about it in Mont Serrat concert when he was introducing MK.  Anyway thanks for the link as well, very informative, but confusing at the same time. I don't get how they base their total estimate of 35 millions on a BBC comment in 2003, while all the certified (but one) sales are either from 2011 or 2012. I know they have been using Thriller's first position as an advertisement, and they might be blowing up the sales to keep it strong. But BiA has no need of that, it is so much better and stands the test of time. Oh it really doesn't matter, only a glimpse to see how the system works.

Yeah, you have a very good point here. Some numbers look like the wiki editors are trying to trace the estimate sales of an album based on its past history in the market.
Other issue is that many countries do not have an official certification entity, making it impossible to rely on the numbes.
Love over gold, mind over matter

Offlinealina

• Guitar George
« Reply #77 on: October 01, 2012, 11:06:04 PM »
I haven t received my Privateering album (only the double cd) yet, although I have pre-ordered it the first day it was available.
I m from Europe (Romania).
A week ago I wrote to MK.com an asked about it, and they told me that it is possible to take a little longer to receive the album because it s coming from Canada.
I shouldn t lose hope yet, right ;)?

Offlineingridswing

• Founder
  • Rüdiger
« Reply #78 on: October 01, 2012, 11:07:01 PM »
Mine arrived from Canada some days ago

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #79 on: October 01, 2012, 11:16:26 PM »
mine still hasn't.
am upset.
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

Offlinejoanzimm

• Camerado
« Reply #80 on: October 02, 2012, 01:28:09 AM »
  I have this fear that my tix is not there. So, I'm gonna bring my receipt, ID and all.

I see seat assignments are arriving to folks for the 2013 tour. Does anyone besides me not have any seat assignments for the tour that is beginning in a few days in the U.S.? Does this seem odd to anyone else?

I just received my seat assignment today for the Phila. concert in November. 
It's hard sometimes but pretty much it's alright

OfflineRkd

• Camerado
  • and the thread was spun to some arcadian band...
« Reply #81 on: October 02, 2012, 01:57:16 AM »
Thanks for the response Joan. Hmmm, I am seeing MK in St. Paul at the beginning of November which is before the Philly concert so while I am happy you got your seats, I wonder why I did not get mine. I'll keep hoping that they come soon. I guess I expected the North American tour seats to be issued before the 2013 tour ones, but I guess I don't think like MK.com does. With all of the obstacles we've had here in the U.S., it makes me more nervous about the entire situation.

Offlinejoanzimm

• Camerado
« Reply #82 on: October 02, 2012, 02:27:50 AM »
Thanks for the response Joan. Hmmm, I am seeing MK in St. Paul at the beginning of November which is before the Philly concert so while I am happy you got your seats, I wonder why I did not get mine. I'll keep hoping that they come soon. I guess I expected the North American tour seats to be issued before the 2013 tour ones, but I guess I don't think like MK.com does. With all of the obstacles we've had here in the U.S., it makes me more nervous about the entire situation.

Hang in there.  On the day of the presale, I got a confirmation email that said seat assignments would be sent in 4-6 weeks.  They came in 3 weeks.  I wouldn't even try to figure out the rationale behind MK.com any more.   ???
It's hard sometimes but pretty much it's alright

Offlinesweetsurrender

• Romeo
« Reply #83 on: October 02, 2012, 02:50:24 AM »
My 2 shows in San Francisco are on Oct 17, and 18.  My tickets are floor standing general admission. My question is, how early should I queue up at the venue ?  I know each city is different, but in general, do fans queue up early in the day ? And there is a question of picking up the ticket as well.

A friend of mine said, it's SF, there are all kinds of crazy people here. I'd better be there in the morning???  I guess I'll know what to do the next night.

My show in Berkeley is an assigned seat on Oct 19th. I haven't received any seat assignment  yet.  Hopefully my seat will be close enough to the stage I can see MK facial expressions in every song. :D

Offlinesweetsurrender

• Romeo
« Reply #84 on: October 02, 2012, 05:57:28 AM »
I have trawled through my archives and found this from MKNews in 1998 - so it is not up-to-date, of course:

Dire Straits        10,406,805
Communique       7,331,619
Making Movies     7,627,688
LOG                    8,460,104
Alchemy              4,977,645
BIA                     25,243,216
OES                      8,552,350
MFN                    13,232,223
On The Night         2,820,799
Live at the BBC         506,203
Local Hero            1,515,779
Cal                          658,767
Lasty Exit                 246,220
Princess Bride           511,585
Screenplaying           400,198
Golden Heart         1,557,196
NHB (Missing...)      1,738,511
Wag he Dog               139,355
The Very Best of DS 2000,000       

As at December 1998

I believe the sales of BIA are now in excess of 35,000,000 worldwide

superval,

Thanks for all the numbers.  Now, the best of DS is that 2 millions or 200,000 ?  Are there numbers for the rest of MK solos ?   

OfflineRkd

• Camerado
  • and the thread was spun to some arcadian band...
« Reply #85 on: October 02, 2012, 06:06:21 AM »

My apologies to MK.com for all of the unkind thoughts I was having about them while conjecturing that they had forgotten about my seat assignments. Found them in my spam filter. Who knows why? So, if you haven't gotten your seats, try checking your filter. Oh, and by the way, the tickets are fabulous. Row 1 in the best section of the arena in St Paul. :D Also got tickets to RAH that aren't so good, but didn't get those right away so no one to blame but myself.

Offlinevgonis

• Juliet
  • They waited for an hour and then nothing happened
    • greece in dire straits, life in greece
« Reply #86 on: October 02, 2012, 08:36:08 AM »
No SDE today either. And it comes from Canada after all. It is crazy, but that explains the delay. 
Come on, it is not funny anymore.

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #87 on: October 02, 2012, 09:43:04 AM »
Sweetsurrender - Sorry, missed a comma!   ;D       

The Very Best of DS      - 2,000,000
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlinevgonis

• Juliet
  • They waited for an hour and then nothing happened
    • greece in dire straits, life in greece
« Reply #88 on: October 02, 2012, 10:01:30 AM »
But MFN sells more because is so much better, and with more sales than any other best of, even without the 3 last official albums. And was issued while DS were on the top of the world.  ;D
Come on, it is not funny anymore.

Offlinesweetsurrender

• Romeo
« Reply #89 on: October 04, 2012, 05:32:06 AM »
This frustration is in regards to email confirmation for seat assignments and tickets pick up.  A few days ago, I received an email from MK.com about my seat assignments and ticket pick up procedures.  I got 2 confirmations for 2 shows. For whatever reasons, I didn't get confirmation for another show which ironically is the show in the same venue in San Francisco the next night.  I got concerned, so I emailed MK.com.  Instead I got an email with the confirmation that I've already got.  So, i had to send Mk.com another email, clearly stated the issue of not getting the right confirmation for the second show.  I didn't get any reply at all.  Now, I'm getting extremely anxious about the whole thing.  I again today sent them emails plus I found the phone # to call. It was after hours I guess so, i left a voice message with them.  Hopefully, somebody will contact me and explain what's going on.  I know that one other fan in the forum is having the same problem. She got confirmation for just one show eventhough she bought tickets for 2 shows in the venue.  This situation is driving me insane.  I'm losing sleep over this.

My question is , does anybody else who is going to multiple shows not getting all the confirmations yet?

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.057 seconds with 39 queries.