Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Andy Murray  (Read 2755 times)

Offlinerosco

• Camerado
Andy Murray
« on: September 12, 2012, 11:54:19 AM »
Delighted for him, well deserved in my opinion. He seems to have improved a fair bit since he took Lendle on as his coach.
Hopefully the start of a few slams for him.

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
Re: Andy Murray
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2012, 12:01:48 PM »
I'll second that for sure.  I often use the Dunblane (where Murray comes from) train to get home as it stops at Polmont (my station) and Dunblane is only about 20 miles away from me.

Also, when I was growing up and starting to watch tennis, Lendl was my favourite player.  I even got my parents to buy me the Adidas t-shirts he used to wear!  Who'd have thought he'd team up with a wee lad from down the road! ;D
"...and I blew up the radio in pretty short order."

Love Expresso

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2012, 02:50:19 PM »
Rafa was not there, so that was the big chance for him to step forward out of the second row. But the way he won the final was really tremendously great! And the joker did a good job, too! Biggest disappointment for me: RF at his last game - how easy he had given away the last set. Could have fought a little bit more!

LE

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2012, 05:31:58 PM »
Rafa was not there, so that was the big chance for him to step forward out of the second row. But the way he won the final was really tremendously great! And the joker did a good job, too! Biggest disappointment for me: RF at his last game - how easy he had given away the last set. Could have fought a little bit more!

LE

We all know Nadal's just an athlete and no real player in the proper sense of the word.  That's why he's always injured;  pushing his body beyond it's limits instead of relying on skill.

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2012, 07:00:43 PM »

LE

We all know Nadal's just an athlete and no real player in the proper sense of the word.  That's why he's always injured;  pushing his body beyond it's limits instead of relying on skill.

Ouch, pretty harsh there DMG! But, yes, congrats to Andy. :)
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

Love Expresso

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2012, 07:03:05 PM »

We all know Nadal's just an athlete and no real player in the proper sense of the word.   

Hmmm. Can't agree. Nadal has another style, yes. But calling him  "no real player" would be as bold as... as.... as...calling MK "no guitar player"..  ;D My take is: He is really in another league together with Federer. It's far more than only athletics and pure power.

Just my two cents of course. Couldn't care less about any tennis discussion to be honest. Never played myself but watched a lot since 1985 (Boris Becker  ;D ;D ) . Just for the fun of this thread!  :)

LE

« Last Edit: September 12, 2012, 09:04:29 PM by Love Expresso »

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2012, 09:00:47 PM »
Loved Boris!  Still do actually;  he does co-commentary over here on BBC when Wimbledon is on.  When it was Boris and Steffi playing, Germany ruled the courts.

Offlinevgonis

• Juliet
  • They waited for an hour and then nothing happened
    • greece in dire straits, life in greece
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2012, 10:25:09 AM »
Oh I remember the song Hugh Laurie wrote about Steffi!
Come on, it is not funny anymore.

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.054 seconds with 42 queries.