Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Mark played at Range Rover event yesterday...  (Read 46081 times)

OfflineHophead

• Camerado
Re: Mark played at Range Rover event yesterday...
« Reply #60 on: September 07, 2012, 11:55:24 PM »
I think putting  MFN back into the mix is a big mistake. What do you ditch to make room for it? The songs that could be removed..should be to make room for new music..not to replay the song that makes light of the very reason he split DS. It makes no sense to me. He's gone in a different direction since then..why revisit it? Imho of course   ;)
Doctor parkinson declared Im not surprised to see you here<br />Youve got smokers cough from smoking, brewers droop from drinking beer<br />I dont know how you came to get the betty davis knees<br />But worst of all young man youve got industrial disease

Offlinea visitor

• Local Hero
« Reply #61 on: September 08, 2012, 12:00:51 AM »
Yuppie music for a yuppie event?  8)

OfflineHophead

• Camerado
« Reply #62 on: September 08, 2012, 12:04:02 AM »
Yuppie music for a yuppie event?  8)
Does rather seem that way ..doesn't it? "Buy a RR today...and we will throw in some 'money for nuthin' and the old chick in the back...she's free"  ;D
Doctor parkinson declared Im not surprised to see you here<br />Youve got smokers cough from smoking, brewers droop from drinking beer<br />I dont know how you came to get the betty davis knees<br />But worst of all young man youve got industrial disease

Offlinenaif

• Camerado
« Reply #63 on: September 08, 2012, 12:12:40 AM »
I think putting  MFN back into the mix is a big mistake. What do you ditch to make room for it? The songs that could be removed..should be to make room for new music..not to replay the song that makes light of the very reason he split DS. It makes no sense to me. He's gone in a different direction since then..why revisit it? Imho of course   ;)
What do you mean about the new music? Sailing, donaparte, romeo, so far away, brothers, whay aye man, what it is, sfsl... or a new song like a the fish and the bird intead of money for nothing? Don't get me wrong but the songs like  the fish and the bird, get lucky, haul away, true love will never fade... are album song not a performance song. You can't add so much things on it. We can listen haul away or the fish and the bird for dozen times but all the perfonmances are all the same.

OfflineBanjo99uk

• Romeo
« Reply #64 on: September 08, 2012, 12:19:52 AM »
the whole thing makes me wonder MKs motives. He must have many friends in many places.

Offlinenando

• Guitar George
« Reply #65 on: September 08, 2012, 12:30:53 AM »
MFN can always fit on any set list ... and it should! MK doesn`t want to play it

OfflineJarle

• Lady writer
« Reply #66 on: September 08, 2012, 12:34:34 AM »
What do you mean about the new music? Sailing, donaparte, romeo, so far away, brothers, whay aye man, what it is, sfsl... or a new song like a the fish and the bird intead of money for nothing? Don't get me wrong but the songs like  the fish and the bird, get lucky, haul away, true love will never fade... are album song not a performance song. You can't add so much things on it. We can listen haul away or the fish and the bird for dozen times but all the perfonmances are all the same.

I think The Fish and The Bird is one of the strangest live songs from Mark ever... So quiet, in a way. Mostly vocal... Why not pick We Can Get Wild instead?
It's the end of a perfect day..,.

OfflineHophead

• Camerado
« Reply #67 on: September 08, 2012, 12:39:42 AM »
I agree with you on some of the songs being cut...Fish and the Bird was already cut on the GL Tour...but there are soooo many other DS songs that I would prefer to hear other than MFN. If he is going to revisit an oldie..why not Private Investigations? Or Single Handed Sailor? Or Where do you think you're going? Or Down on the Waterline? Six-blade Knife? Or ..lastly...and we all know this won't happen...TOL? It's just that there are so many other songs from the library that I would love to hear again. Just saying   :)

Offlineknopflerized

• Romeo
  • I might Get Lucky ...
    • Mark In Summer Long Ago
« Reply #68 on: September 08, 2012, 01:24:47 AM »
As much info as you'll probably find out at this link (not from facebook):

http://all4ballet.com/tag/mark-knopfler/

It's not politic at all but listen to the Range Rover music
and to this

There are some similitudes or am I tooo tired tonight?

;D

« Last Edit: September 08, 2012, 08:02:48 AM by knopflerized »

OfflinePyroaction

• Camerado
    • AFMK
« Reply #69 on: September 08, 2012, 07:41:41 AM »
and to this

Yes, you're right.
But MK was not present during Sarkosy's election campaign ...  ;D
And we have just one world
But we live in different ones

Offlineknopflerized

• Romeo
  • I might Get Lucky ...
    • Mark In Summer Long Ago
« Reply #70 on: September 08, 2012, 08:01:08 AM »
and to this

Yes, you're right.
But MK was not present during Sarkosy's election campaign ...  ;D

So I wasn't That tired...

heheh I will try to find out who composed both thing... Just curiosity :)
« Last Edit: September 08, 2012, 08:03:13 AM by knopflerized »

OfflineJules

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #71 on: September 08, 2012, 08:10:34 AM »
For me the more intrigant is the role of Nigel Hitchkock, I wonder if he was call just to play Romeo, Sultans (if they play the long version) and Going home, or if he
So Long

Offlinestraitsway75

• Lady writer
« Reply #72 on: September 08, 2012, 09:58:00 AM »

From Guy:
Walk of Life, Sailing, Romeo, Sultans, Money, Brothers, Local Hero, So Far Away

cheers

Love Expresso

« Reply #73 on: September 08, 2012, 10:09:11 AM »
I remember Mark saying once that putting the band back tog ether would only be reasonable for "charity gigs".. So who knows, maybe MK donates what Ranch Rover pays for it... he's the guy who does not speak about it, and he is also the guy who never does it for money (he points out at every occasion), so it might be a possibility.

Also, he IS in rehearsal for the Dylan tour at the moment, and this Ranch Rover thing appointment fits in into this schedule. I think an opportunity to make a little low-key live act during rehearsal weeks is always a good one for Mark and the band... Together with the reasons Guy named about "to be proud of the success story ... from Britain" it makes sense to me. Remember Mark's statement about that biggest European de-icer company in Britain? He seems to think very well about what he does and where he does it.

LE

OfflineMaxx

• Camerado
« Reply #74 on: September 08, 2012, 02:07:49 PM »
Kind of odd he chose to play almost a whole set of Dire Straits tunes just days after releasing a new solo album, but money talks eh ?

It isn't that strange. What would be strange is is he'd play new songs at this special event. I barely think that anyone in the audience knew that he's still active.

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.046 seconds with 41 queries.