Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Answer from MK.com regarding seats as MK.com member *vs* preorder Privateering  (Read 10693 times)

Offlinepeterromer

• Camerado
Hi
Just wanted to let other people know that today I received an answer from MK.com regarding the next tour and presale tickets.
I asked for the difference in presale tickets as MK.com member versus the coupon code you get by preordering Privateering.
Which is best so to speak.

I do not know whether I can copy the answer but it says that if its about front row tickets, chances are best with the MK.com member status and ordering like we know it.
Secondary is the coupon code you get when pre-ordering Privateering.
There are various 'presales' and MK.com management has worked to get reservations of 200 seats at most venues, including row 1-12. Other industry people, the promoter people, etc, also has their own status of getting front row tickets, and then comes MK.com tickets. That means there a lot of people fighting for those tickets.
After these priorities the preorder coupon code is in play.

Cheers Peter

Cheers Peter

Offlineborder_reiver

• Founder
  • Romeo
  • "I've been down in Louisiana playing on his album"
Thanks for posting Peter! No more anxiety  :)

I actually mailed them about the very same thing but didn't get any response.

Meget flot!
"My idea of heaven is a place where the Tyne meets the Delta, where folk music meets the blues."

Offlineingridswing

• Founder
  • Rüdiger
Thanks a lot Peter, so important is to pre-order like we used to do.
Makes it more clear, why did I order 3 different things to get codes  ???  ???
Doesn't make sense anymore  >:(

Offlinepeterromer

• Camerado
You are welcome, I posted it as soon as I saw it in my inbox.
And yes, it said that MK.com has the option of the 200 seats including some front row tickets, but not guaranteed. 1-12.

Anyway if one user needs more tickets than available through MK.com then the coupon code tickets is the solution.
I also thought they should have made it clear from the start.
As the reply says "various presales" besides the one from MK.com and the coupon code there are probably more out there of this sort.

Cheers Peter

surferboy

Thanks very much for this really helpful piece of info!

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
Bravo Peter for taking the initiative!  We now have the confirmation that going the usual route is probably the best way to get a good seat (assuming you have enough luck not to be seated at the end of the row)!
"...and I blew up the radio in pretty short order."

Offlineingridswing

• Founder
  • Rüdiger
I asked bol.com about the presale. They couldn't tell if it's an early entry, they didn't hear about it and they agreed that this "action" is pretty useless if the concert isn't sold out in a few days.  ::) So I think we better order tix for standing gigs at mk.com

OfflineDutchessy

• Founder
  • Brother in Arms
I asked bol.com about the presale. They couldn't tell if it's an early entry, they didn't hear about it and they agreed that this "action" is pretty useless if the concert isn't sold out in a few days.  ::) So I think we better order tix for standing gigs at mk.com

Thanks Ingrid!
Proud member of the AMIT crew

OfflineFieneke2

• Romeo
Thank you Peter for this news!

I will order the tickets also through MK.com! ...... Last tour I did for the concert in Brighton and we had good seats!

In Amsterdam we bought them at another ticket office, because they don't have seats in the HMH, but I felt so stupid
when I saw other people could get in for the MK.com tickets and we had to wait about 15 minutes! .....I never want to take that risk again! Lucky we could run very fast and still had standing places in front of the stage, but imagine when I would be somewhere in the middle and not next to my MK friends! :o

Is there any news when the tickets can be ordered?
Please keep me informed, I don't want to be too late!

Fieneke
If you are good to other people, most of them are good to you too!

Offlineingridswing

• Founder
  • Rüdiger
Hi Fieneke, keep your eyes at AMIT. As far as I know the first week of september will be the week. I don't know dates yet, but Germany will go on sale on 3 or 4 september (presale amazon.de). So I suppose around the same date the presale at mk.com will go on as well

Offlinepeterromer

• Camerado
I would assume that as well regarding the dates. I would not personally order through Amazon even if they are announced earlier as that in itself is no guarantee for better front row seats.
If MK.com (together with industry people, promotor and venue people) share the rows 1-12 then I would assume that Amazon and other presales can sell from row 13 and onwards.
I can be wrong but it makes sense since he wrote that MK.com was the better choice over other various presales.

cheers Peter
Cheers Peter

Offlineingridswing

• Founder
  • Rüdiger
I would assume that as well regarding the dates. I would not personally order through Amazon even if they are announced earlier as that in itself is no guarantee for better front row seats.
If MK.com (together with industry people, promotor and venue people) share the rows 1-12 then I would assume that Amazon and other presales can sell from row 13 and onwards.
I can be wrong but it makes sense since he wrote that MK.com was the better choice over other various presales.

cheers Peter

I agree with you, some people complained about the mk.cm seat but I almost never was disappointed. Ok row 4 at the complete left side is not the best, but also sometimes frontrow or middle row 2 to 4

Mona Dee

Hi Fieneke, keep your eyes at AMIT. As far as I know the first week of september will be the week. I don't know dates yet, but Germany will go on sale on 3 or 4 september (presale amazon.de). So I suppose around the same date the presale at mk.com will go on as well

Yes, amazon.de wrote, the ticket-presale will start at September 3rd at 09:00 h german time
"Der exklusive Vorverkauf beginnt am 3. September 2012 um 9 Uhr deutscher Zeit."

You have to be a member at mk.com they wrote, too....so even if you have an amazon.de-code you have to order at mk.com...as everybody...

I have ordered the deluxe-album at mk.com and the super-deluxe-box at amazon.de ... let

OfflineEl Macho

• Lady writer
I hope MK will come back to Lille again. There's always a fantastic audience in the French North !
I would like to go to London also, I've never been at the RAH and I think it must be a wonderful experience (and expensive, with the TGV costs...)
They got a name for people like you, yeh they do
And they got a name for people like me too
El Macho, El Macho

Love Expresso

It is worth it, alone the AMIT people meeting is very nice! Back in 2010, I had booked a flight to London (AND back!) for 45

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.039 seconds with 45 queries.