Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Album leak?  (Read 112515 times)

Offlineingridswing

• Founder
  • Rüdiger
Re: Album leak?
« Reply #195 on: August 24, 2012, 12:09:36 AM »
Look that's called energy and :) power

OfflineJules

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
So Long

Offlineborder_reiver

• Founder
  • Romeo
  • "I've been down in Louisiana playing on his album"
« Reply #197 on: August 24, 2012, 12:41:27 AM »
Me?  ??? Didn't know there was something to ruin.. me and my big mouth  :disbelief

No no, sorry. It was just a humorous comment that there suddenly was a "leak" but it got instantly deleted. Wasn't meant for you.
"My idea of heaven is a place where the Tyne meets the Delta, where folk music meets the blues."

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #198 on: August 24, 2012, 07:52:30 AM »
Would be fun to see some of those old discussions.
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

Offlinehfscardoso

• Guitar George
« Reply #199 on: August 24, 2012, 10:59:23 PM »
No leaks yet?

One curiosity: Alanis Morissette's (which may be considered a mainstream artist, to say the least) latest album - Havoc and bright lights - was apparantly leaked on August 10th, 12 days before its first official release in Japan.

I wonder what "special" measures is Knopfler's Label undertaking so that today, just 7 days before the official release date, there's isn't still one damn leak (sorry for the language).

Note: I already ordered the super deluxe box set on amazon.de but I will certainly try to get it (the leak) even if if it's just one day before the official release.
The anticipation is killing me.  ???

Offlinegoldenheart96

• Lady writer
« Reply #200 on: August 24, 2012, 11:01:48 PM »
Jesus Christ, just be patient. Wonder what people have done way back when there was no internet and all that modern stuff.

On a different note: Ohh, the good old TR mailing list. Feelings of nostalgia coming up. Those were good times. Met lots of great people on this list.

Offlineingridswing

• Founder
  • Rüdiger
« Reply #201 on: August 24, 2012, 11:25:01 PM »
Impossible to be patient GoldenHeart! I am counting the days till the mailman knocks on the door with the box and more.
I also start to get nervous about the presale :-[

When there was no internet there were leaks as well, but the groups sharing the leaks were smaller.  :)

OfflineHophead

• Camerado
« Reply #202 on: August 26, 2012, 02:38:05 AM »
Jesus Christ, just be patient. Wonder what people have done way back when there was no internet and all that modern stuff.

On a different note: Ohh, the good old TR mailing list. Feelings of nostalgia coming up. Those were good times. Met lots of great people on this list.
We huddled 'round the giant console radio to listen for a single release...and when we finally got the vinyl months later..we cranked up the gramaphone by candlelight... ;D..sorry..just couldn't resist
Doctor parkinson declared Im not surprised to see you here<br />Youve got smokers cough from smoking, brewers droop from drinking beer<br />I dont know how you came to get the betty davis knees<br />But worst of all young man youve got industrial disease

OfflineBarzofarhyme

• Camerado
« Reply #203 on: August 26, 2012, 12:05:36 PM »
Thankfully i've managed to avoid listening to any of the tracks apart from having heard Privateering,Haul Away and Corned Beef City from the Dylan tour.Decided to try and discipline myself and wait till i have the double cd in my grubby little mitts so i can listen to it in its entirety but it's getting hard trying to avoid temptation the closer it gets to launch date.  ;D ;D. Usually listen to a new cd in the car by myself with the volume turned up loud.Guess im going to be driving around and around for a couple of hours this time with it being a double cd plus the bonus tracks. ;D ;D but i'm sure it will be worth the wait. ;)
All i do is kiss you, through the bars of a rhyme

Love Expresso

« Reply #204 on: August 26, 2012, 12:12:23 PM »

Jesus Christ, evertime the "Album leak?" thread turns up after pressing the "new posts"  button, I am close to a heart attack...  :lol

I was able to make a 10 days-break and restrained from listening to the snippets - until this morning. I am sure you will LOVE it! For me, it is the best stuff MK has recorded in years... Somebody said it to the point:   First Dire Straits album   -   Sailing To Philadelphia   -    Privateering!!!   Nothing more to add!

Especially on the second album, from track 1 to 7 is a real great "classic MK run through" - I love it when albums have this, last time I had this was on Shangri-La, from track 1 to 6....

:)

LE

OfflineBarzofarhyme

• Camerado
« Reply #205 on: August 26, 2012, 12:32:53 PM »
LE you are testing my resolve now  :lol :lol but i am determined to hold out just one more week. Might have to buy the new Robert Cray album tomorrow just to musically occupy me for one more week  ;D
All i do is kiss you, through the bars of a rhyme

OfflineFletch

• Romeo
« Reply #206 on: August 26, 2012, 12:44:15 PM »
A little more than 5 days to go.

I might try a few calls into my local shop this week, and see if they have Privateering in a box behind the counter!
Hey, i`ve got a truffle dog - finally a song the ordinary man can relate too!

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #207 on: August 26, 2012, 12:45:14 PM »
We really don't want a leak at this stage now.  Do we?  I know I can wait...I know I can wait...I know I can wait...
"...and I blew up the radio in pretty short order."

Offlineanother brother

• Local Hero
« Reply #208 on: August 26, 2012, 12:50:13 PM »
when i get new favourite albums, in this case MK, procedure is always the same ;-)
first i put it on vinyl at home, i would say i have some good loudspeakers and especially a MK album is the deal for this, ...
next day, i put it on the HDD of my lexus car - lexus has the mark levinson system, 15 loudspeakers in the car - this is the best audiosystem in the world - if you have a chance to hear "speedway at nazareth" in a lexus RX or GS450 with the big mark levinson system, you will be in heaven - nothing better.

possible, that the album is here at 30th, ... as amazon.de sometimes delivers bit earlier (i got many blu rays before release from them)

funny thing is, i get my brandnew car exactly on 30 august, so, ... is there a holy force out there ?  ;-)

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #209 on: August 26, 2012, 12:55:19 PM »
when i get new favourite albums, in this case MK, procedure is always the same ;-)
first i put it on vinyl at home, i would say i have some good loudspeakers and especially a MK album is the deal for this, ...
next day, i put it on the HDD of my lexus car - lexus has the mark levinson system, 15 loudspeakers in the car - this is the best audiosystem in the world - if you have a chance to hear "speedway at nazareth" in a lexus RX or GS450 with the big mark levinson system, you will be in heaven - nothing better.

possible, that the album is here at 30th, ... as amazon.de sometimes delivers bit earlier (i got many blu rays before release from them)

funny thing is, i get my brandnew car exactly on 30 august, so, ... is there a holy force out there ?  ;-)

I'm a little concerned about HMV delivering mine on time.  I've never ordered with them before but was uncertain about availability in a shop (my preferred method) and Amazon at the time were charging about double the price.
"...and I blew up the radio in pretty short order."

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.067 seconds with 41 queries.