Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Album leak?  (Read 112585 times)

Offlinevgonis

• Juliet
  • They waited for an hour and then nothing happened
    • greece in dire straits, life in greece
Re: Album leak?
« Reply #45 on: August 12, 2012, 06:58:38 PM »
jbaent,I totally agree and understand what you say. Even though it is illegal, it is not completely wrong. The only reason they want to hold back these promos is the spreading of the songs, before the release date. And that only to add to the anticipation of the buyer (and actually not knowing what he is going to buy. And don't judge from us, We are the most devoted fans, that would buy almost anything with the MK stamp on.)  Everyone thinking that it has to do with torrents and lost sales, it is just a silly excuse.Those guys would upload and download everything just for the heck of it.
You have to get into a collectors mind to understand what jbaent is saying. Promos are send to hundreds of people that can actually influence the public. Some of them are collectors themselves or fans of the musician. So what goes out to the rest of us are the promos from the  "just take space in my house" journalists and PR men. They sell it on high street and some of them end up on ebay. And then to us MK lunatics, that believe that having something that is uncommon and rare (even if it is only the format), makes us keener fans and give us joy. (yes that is lunacy, but we are still allowed in the society)  ;)

It is not about cool, it is about not understanding that there is no actual harm in doing so. It is illegal to spit or pi on high street, but if the nearest rest room is far you will do it without thinking twice. Illegal yes, wrong hardly.
Come on, it is not funny anymore.

OfflineJules

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #46 on: August 12, 2012, 07:00:19 PM »
I can understand that you are a bit disappointed, if you were a bidder...but taking the promo away from ebay before the release is ok for me... imo he/she only wanted to help. And if he/she wanted to be cool : we revealed that ,  and he/she is not cool anymore  ;)

But you dont get my point. I
So Long

Offlinegoldenheart96

• Lady writer
« Reply #47 on: August 12, 2012, 07:09:16 PM »
jbaent pubicly selling promotional items before the official street date release is just wrong.

Exactly. And I would have done the same. It is just morally wrong to take advantage of your profession (i.e. being a journalist) that way. Imagine you are an engineer or something, and you get hold of some plans of a really cool invention or something, would you sell the blueprint on ebay before it's made public? If I was your colleague, I would tell your boss.

What annoys me is that nowadays people consider it as natural that stuff is easily available on the internet and you can just download anything you want or buy it on ebay.
Same with bootlegs. I remember 13 years ago, I got tapes (!) and CDR's from all around the world, and sent out stuff all around the world. It was really exciting. Now, you just log into dime and download anything you want.

OfflineJules

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #48 on: August 12, 2012, 07:24:23 PM »
Again (and again), I didnt said it was right. I know is wrong.

And again, its the attitude what piss me off. They have people getting paid to do that, they dont need squealers.

And I dont like them.
So Long

Mona Dee

« Reply #49 on: August 12, 2012, 07:30:26 PM »

vgonis,  I won`t denounce you if you spit on high street (am not sure if there is a law against that in Germany, maybe you could do it here vgonis  ;) ) but pi ... well , try it, we will see  ;D

OfflineJules

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #50 on: August 12, 2012, 07:37:08 PM »
Just to make clear things...

It the album gets leaked, that is something most of us are waiting for... we must NOT say it here, because someone will go and squeal that to Guy, PCM etc etc?

We all know it wont harm anyone because we are all gonna buy the record anyway, but its wrong...

And anyway we will download it...

Did anyone get the point about the hyprocrisy?

Well, forgive me about all this stuff, maybe I had a bad day, and the squeale thing made me right all this idiotic stuff.

Beg your pardon

:'(
So Long

Love Expresso

« Reply #51 on: August 12, 2012, 07:47:48 PM »
Hi jbaent,

I get your point totally, and I am sure everybody else does, too. There is one little thing that annoyed me also about this whole matter:
That Frank from Switzerland is maybe to blame for this attitude (although I wouldn't go so far), but Guy is also to blame: Frank cleary wrote in his "title of question"  PERSONAL MAIL - Not to be published on the forum and Guy has nothing better to do than post it on the forum.... which gives proof obviously that you hardly can expect from a busy producer/surfer/tea/musician to read the COMPLETE post, not even on a Sunday....  :disbelief :disbelief

Hey jbaent, about the bad day, never mind! Just ask Dr. K.:

Maybe I was born on a bad luck day,
born under a bad sign
but today is ok, today's just fine!!

LE

OfflineJules

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #52 on: August 12, 2012, 07:51:56 PM »
Hi jbaent,

I get your point totally, and I am sure everybody else does, too. There is one little thing that annoyed me also about this whole matter:
That Frank from Switzerland is maybe to blame for this attitude (although I wouldn't go so far), but Guy is also to blame: Frank cleary wrote in his "title of question"  PERSONAL MAIL - Not to be published on the forum and Guy has nothing better to do than post it on the forum.... which gives proof obviously that you hardly can expect from a busy producer/surfer/tea/musician to read the COMPLETE post, not even on a Sunday....  :disbelief :disbelief

[/i]
LE

Yes, but, why send it to the forum? Guy has an e-mail in his contact section (about / contact)... If you want someone to be private, go private. This is what the contact section says:

Please use the FORUM if you have anything you'd like to ask or comment upon.

Otherwise, if you have something on your mind that's not forum material, you can contact Guy directly by emailing him at

And yes LE, today is OK, well, now is OK, now its fine  ;)
So Long

OfflineBanjo99uk

• Romeo
« Reply #53 on: August 12, 2012, 08:41:09 PM »
I agree with you Jbaent, what a total arse that person is.

Offlinevgonis

• Juliet
  • They waited for an hour and then nothing happened
    • greece in dire straits, life in greece
« Reply #54 on: August 12, 2012, 08:52:36 PM »

vgonis,  I won`t denounce you if you spit on high street (am not sure if there is a law against that in Germany, maybe you could do it here vgonis  ;) ) but pi ... well , try it, we will see  ;D

The logic behind the law against public spitting was that there was tuberculosis and other contagious diseases 100 years ago, and then someone forgot to annul the law.
Now that such diseases are history (or are they?) we only care for the aesthetics of things.
But I believe it is more logical if you can't hold any longer to go public, than wet yourself and eventually the public place. The problem is how to convince the policeman that it was the last resort.
Toilet talk! 

jbaent you are right about the Squealer. Triviality, though. I guess he is reading this right now and has lost his colour.

Squealer is a fantastic song from AC/DC's Dirty deeds done dirt cheap album. A great album with Bon Scott on vocals. It also has the lovely Ride on. All with exquisite guitar solos. I will listen to it right now. 
Come on, it is not funny anymore.

Offlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...
« Reply #55 on: August 12, 2012, 09:02:10 PM »
Hi jbaent,

That Frank from Switzerland is maybe to blame for this attitude (although I wouldn't go so far), but Guy is also to blame: Frank cleary wrote in his "title of question"  PERSONAL MAIL - Not to be published on the forum and Guy has nothing better to do than post it on the forum.... which gives proof obviously that you hardly can expect from a busy producer/surfer/tea/musician to read the COMPLETE post, not even on a Sunday....  :disbelief :disbelief

Hey jbaent, about the bad day, never mind! Just ask Dr. K.:

Maybe I was born on a bad luck day,
born under a bad sign
but today is ok, today's just fine!!

LE

If you want to contact Guy in private you should not use the forum but his email.
That said this is not very smart to have published it despite the poster asking not to be published.
But it may be unintentionnal from Guy as the no publish request is in the title and not the body of the message, so there is a possibility that Guy actualy did not read it.

The haters are those who write shit

Two weeks in Australia and Sydney striptease

Love Expresso

« Reply #56 on: August 12, 2012, 09:11:46 PM »
My point ...

No need to underline and use bold type for my part, I am able to read your post on the first take...

LE
« Last Edit: August 12, 2012, 09:14:02 PM by Love Expresso »

Mona Dee

« Reply #57 on: August 12, 2012, 09:25:32 PM »
Hi jbaent,

/

Yes, that`t what I wrote in my first comment in this case, why Guy posted it ?

And about the other case : I don`t know Franks attitude. But he revealed an illegal action (even if it`s only a little illegal) and so I won`t say anything bad against him. And I

Offlinerudiger

• Camerado
« Reply #58 on: August 12, 2012, 09:51:48 PM »
I agree with jbaent's point: even if the intentions of the now famous Frank were good, I disagree with this way of acting, a bit childish in my opinion

Offlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...
« Reply #59 on: August 12, 2012, 09:58:14 PM »
My point ...

No need to underline and use bold type for my part, I am able to read your post on the first take...

LE

I don't post only for you  ;)
The haters are those who write shit

Two weeks in Australia and Sydney striptease

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.071 seconds with 47 queries.