Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Privateering Deluxe editions?  (Read 298591 times)

OfflineFletch

• Romeo
Re: Privateering Deluxe editions?
« Reply #120 on: July 25, 2012, 09:53:29 PM »
Oh yeah, it's not 'convenient' but listening to the first LP again like this is Amazing!!!

I wonder now, if anyone who has a phono set-up at home, bothers with the CDs? If I'm home I can't imagine hearing the record any warmer/sweeter, more vibe than what im hearing right now!

To anyone thinking of investing in a turntable in order to actually take advantage of the vinyl, there are great bargains to be had in used hi-fi equipment on eBay.  Technics were always pretty good for consumers and deejays alike.  Here's a nice one with only 6 hours to go.  Wonder how much it goes for...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TECHNICS-SL-5200-DIRECT-DRIVE-TURNTABLE-/280924577965?pt=UK_AudioTVElectronics_HomeAudioHiFi_Turntables&hash=item416868e0ad#ht_532wt_1128

Yeah go second hand, the stuff built in the 70s was built to last and not always designed to  shareholder profit. :( Obviously there are new high quality turntables, BUT, to build them these days does cost a fortune and so you pay for it!
A good local store, will give a short warranty and also can repair stuff - my CEC turntable from 19?? Cost $300AU - it seriously amazed me last night.
The thing about this process is there are NO ones and zeros between the recording and what you hear (unless you amplify digitally - don't do this) on OLD records. We also played the reissue Wish You Were Hear LP last night, and it was nice, but didn't have the same lo-fidelity warmth and vibe I'm talking about.
The same lack of contrast may happen with Privateering, because it will be mastered from digital tape that the CD is?? I don't know??
How is the Get Lucky LP?
Hey, i`ve got a truffle dog - finally a song the ordinary man can relate too!

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #121 on: July 25, 2012, 10:49:15 PM »
"...and I blew up the radio in pretty short order."

OfflineFletch

• Romeo
« Reply #122 on: July 25, 2012, 10:54:12 PM »
Lol, I agree! It's just because most hifi buffs probabaly already have a turntable? But some people need pushing over the cliff, like me, it's taken me a year to get around to it, after already buying a great amp and speakers!
I was motivated by this deluxe MK set!
Hey, i`ve got a truffle dog - finally a song the ordinary man can relate too!

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #123 on: July 25, 2012, 11:21:36 PM »
Lol, I agree! It's just because most hifi buffs probabaly already have a turntable? But some people need pushing over the cliff, like me, it's taken me a year to get around to it, after already buying a great amp and speakers!
I was motivated by this deluxe MK set!

You can always rely on a Scot to sniff out a bargain!  As we say here: mony a mickle maks a muckle! ;)
« Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 11:23:57 PM by dmg »
"...and I blew up the radio in pretty short order."

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #124 on: July 27, 2012, 03:43:21 PM »
I don't know if I have missed something, but do we have any clue what the DVD in the Super Deluxe will be?   :-\
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlineingridswing

• Founder
  • Rüdiger
« Reply #125 on: July 27, 2012, 03:54:51 PM »
I just pre-ordered it at bol.com in the Netherlands. It's only saying EPK DVD.
Content Super Deluxe Box: standard cd + 2LP Vinyl + Bonus cd with 3 extra tracks + EPK dvd + Numbered art print + Credit card with exclusive downloadcode for a complete concert.

And it must be my lucky day: I just ordered and paid
« Last Edit: July 27, 2012, 03:57:54 PM by ingridswing »

Mona Dee

« Reply #126 on: July 27, 2012, 06:49:03 PM »
Bonus CD with 3 extra tracks ? But there are 5 extra tracks you downloaded from I-tunes...Does that mean the bonus-CD of the 6-Part-Box-Set ist different from the 3-CD-Edition ?  :( So we have to buy both to have it all  :( .

Offlineustas

• Lady writer
« Reply #127 on: July 27, 2012, 07:44:23 PM »
Bonus CD with 3 extra tracks ? But there are 5 extra tracks you downloaded from I-tunes...Does that mean the bonus-CD of the 6-Part-Box-Set ist different from the 3-CD-Edition ?  :( So we have to buy both to have it all  :( .

Who knows? May be it's CD with 3 studio tracks, like Get Lucky. Guy has posted that 25 songs were finished.

OfflineJules

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #128 on: July 27, 2012, 09:17:07 PM »

Who knows? May be it's CD with 3 studio tracks, like Get Lucky. Guy has posted that 25 songs were finished.

Yes but, if you buy the superdeluxe box, you get the standard 2cd, an extra cd with 3 songs, but not the 3rd cd with live songs that comes with the deluxe 3cd version...

Looks like you may have to buy two versions to get everything...

I hope it's a mistake, the box HAVE TO include ALL.
So Long

Offlineustas

• Lady writer
« Reply #129 on: July 27, 2012, 11:22:09 PM »

Yes but, if you buy the superdeluxe box, you get the standard 2cd, an extra cd with 3 songs, but not the 3rd cd with live songs that comes with the deluxe 3cd version...

But you have a "credit card" with code to download a "full concert"

Offlinelocalhero1986

• Lady writer
« Reply #130 on: July 27, 2012, 11:52:59 PM »
Hmm, well, maybe we have to wait for a few months. GL deluxe box price drop after 7 months:

OfflineJules

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #131 on: July 28, 2012, 09:18:12 AM »

eYes but, if you buy the superdeluxe box, you get the standard 2cd, an extra cd with 3 songs, but not the 3rd cd with live songs that comes with the deluxe 3cd version...

But you have a "credit card" with code to download a "full concert"

Yes but I rather have a physical cd than a digital download and its supposed that the download is from a concert, and the 3rd cd from the deluxe is rehearsals... Different stuff.
So Long

OfflineJules

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #132 on: July 28, 2012, 12:18:19 PM »
Just ordered the german box set... 72 euros (aprox) with shipping costs looks great price.

Unless I see it cheaper in other site, I
So Long

OfflineJules

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #133 on: July 28, 2012, 06:41:30 PM »
Just noticed that the description of the german deluxe box in amazon germany says:

6 cds

I guess it means

2 cd standard versio
1 cd rehearsals songs (included in the deluxe 3cd version)
1 cd with 3 extra tracks
2 vinyls

So it looks like, in the end, the box has not only all but more and more stuff!!!!
So Long

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #134 on: July 28, 2012, 06:56:09 PM »
Just noticed that the description of the german deluxe box in amazon germany says:

6 cds

I guess it means

2 cd standard versio
1 cd rehearsals songs (included in the deluxe 3cd version)
1 cd with 3 extra tracks
2 vinyls

So it looks like, in the end, the box has not only all but more and more stuff!!!!

What about the DVD?
Goin' into Tow Law....

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.05 seconds with 41 queries.