Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Privateering Deluxe editions?  (Read 298874 times)

Offlineherlock

• Juliet
Re: Privateering Deluxe editions?
« Reply #810 on: September 01, 2012, 01:00:11 AM »
Speaking of crap content:
Don't forget the 5 "Live from the Rehearsal room" tracks... (no haven't heard them yet... but the choice of tracks alone..)

Have said it before: The Dylan Knopf-shows were around 75 minutes - perfect for a Live CD... why for heaven's sake not put a COMPLETE show on it ....

LE
those ARE brilliant versions (based on the snippets.)
I agree, but there are 5 of them, where there should really be 11or even 14. Where ils WII ? Marbletown ?? Speedway ? Brothers ??

Offlinevgonis

• Juliet
  • They waited for an hour and then nothing happened
    • greece in dire straits, life in greece
« Reply #811 on: September 01, 2012, 08:48:17 AM »
I thought these big store chains try to serve equally no matter where they are. Media Markt here, didn't even have the regular version. I don't mind waiting a couple of years to appear. It will be cheaper...
The first and only(?) album I got the day it was released must have been OES. No extras, just a single vinyl. Oh and then I could feel the anticipation.  I already had the Calling Elvis 7'' and 12'', MTV was all over them, with specials songs and adds, (actually I have recorder and mixed straight on the VHS many of the specials-my favourite is when he says that fade to black was a r'n'r Chuck Berry style number and picks up the guitar and plays it like a r'n'r number!)
Now I am not even tempted to download it. I am only pissed about the new marketing conditions. It's as if they try the patience of the fans, or believe that "we own them anyway, so let's serve everybody else first".
Come on, it is not funny anymore.

Love Expresso

« Reply #812 on: September 01, 2012, 10:23:08 AM »
As the band is great and the material is, I have no doubt that the bonus rehearsal tracks are great. What I meant:

Don't you think that when you have done (great) rehearsals and then go on touring, that at the end of the tour there are some really much better and tighter and phantastic versions do exist? Rehearsal is one thing. Playing them live is another dimenson.
And I just wondered why offer stuff out of the rehearsal room when there was a high praised tour afterwards. I did not doubt the quality of the recordings itself but the choice.

Expect my Deluxe Edition within the next few hours. I will report when I have listened!  ;)

LE

OfflineJules

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #813 on: September 01, 2012, 05:14:15 PM »
They have Madrid stored in a 200MB hard disk so they couldn't include Telegraph Road

(...)

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?

:o :o :o
So Long

Offlineherlock

• Juliet
« Reply #814 on: September 01, 2012, 05:17:29 PM »
As the band is great and the material is, I have no doubt that the bonus rehearsal tracks are great. What I meant:

Don't you think that when you have done (great) rehearsals and then go on touring, that at the end of the tour there are some really much better and tighter and phantastic versions do exist? Rehearsal is one thing. Playing them live is another dimenson.
And I just wondered why offer stuff out of the rehearsal room when there was a high praised tour afterwards. I did not doubt the quality of the recordings itself but the choice.

Expect my Deluxe Edition within the next few hours. I will report when I have listened!  ;)

LE
You have a good point here, LE.
Only advantage maybe of the rehearsal: no audience noise... juste like the "One take radio sessions" CD with the nice Rudiger version.

Love Expresso

« Reply #815 on: September 01, 2012, 05:19:54 PM »
I always thought MK was seriously trashed during those radio session recordings...

LE

OfflineJules

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #816 on: September 01, 2012, 05:20:29 PM »
When any of you receive your 3cd version from bol.com, please confirm if the 3rd cd has 7 songs and What it is as the first track...

:)
So Long

Offlineherlock

• Juliet
« Reply #817 on: September 01, 2012, 05:26:31 PM »
I always thought MK was seriously trashed during those radio session recordings...

LE
????????????????????

OfflineDutchessy

• Founder
  • Brother in Arms
« Reply #818 on: September 01, 2012, 05:28:07 PM »
When any of you receive your 3cd version from bol.com, please confirm if the 3rd cd has 7 songs and What it is as the first track...

I've got the deluxe with the 5 normal songs. No bol.com, but buyed in the netherlands ofcourse.
Proud member of the AMIT crew

Offlinelocalhero1986

• Lady writer
« Reply #819 on: September 01, 2012, 05:32:38 PM »

3CD version @ bol.com is delayed, probably released next week (4 or 5th of September).

OfflineJules

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #820 on: September 01, 2012, 05:44:04 PM »

3CD version @ bol.com is delayed, probably released next week (4 or 5th of September).

If it arrives, and it doesnt have that songs... could be returned as its not what you ordered?
So Long

Offlineman on a track

• Founder
  • Camerado
« Reply #821 on: September 01, 2012, 06:19:55 PM »
got an email from mk.com the box set will be delayed due to production quality issues...  ???
wtf?   :o
anybody else ordered it through mk.com? 
Anybody got that message?  :disbelief

The way he sings and plays guitar  
            Still brings me to tears

OfflineJules

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #822 on: September 01, 2012, 06:22:40 PM »
got an email from mk.com the box set will be delayed due to production quality issues...  ???

Thats something that was expected to happen...

In 2009 it happened with the Get Lucky box. Anyone that ordered or bought it from other places had it the same day or the next week. All the people who ordered it from mk.com had to wait A LOT because the same reasons...

I was sure that it would happen again. And it did.

Never order a release for them, they are a total disaster.
So Long

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #823 on: September 01, 2012, 06:23:15 PM »

That is weird.  Anyone who has the box now will be checking the thing to see if it's fallen apart!  Seriously though, I'd be a little concerned.
"...and I blew up the radio in pretty short order."

OfflineJules

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #824 on: September 01, 2012, 06:26:34 PM »

That is weird.  Anyone who has the box now will be checking the thing to see if it's fallen apart!  Seriously though, I'd be a little concerned.

Yes... the digital download is from something we already have, and with one song less...

;D
So Long

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.064 seconds with 42 queries.