Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Privateering Deluxe editions?  (Read 298820 times)

OfflineJeroenvG

• Lady writer
  • Follow me on "twitter.com/vanDiemensLand"
    • Alles Muziek (Dutch)
Re: Privateering Deluxe editions?
« Reply #690 on: August 25, 2012, 09:22:25 AM »
Mark's album is not the only with bonustracks all over the internet. Check out this album from Alanis Morissette:

1.   "Guardian"
2.   "Woman Down"
3.   "'Til You"
4.   "Celebrity"
5.   "Empathy"
6.   "Lens"
7.   "Spiral"
8.   "Numb"
9.   "Havoc"
10.   "Win and Win"
11.   "Receive"
12.   "Edge of Evolution"
Total length:
52:38   

Deluxe Edition Bonus Track

13.   "Will You Be My Girlfriend?"
14.   "Magical Child"
15.   "No (Japanese Bonus Track)"
16.   "Big Sur (Target Bonus Track)"         
17.   "Guru (Target Bonus Track)"         
18.   "Permission (Target Bonus Track)"         
19.   "Jekyll and Hyde (feat. Souleye)"         
20.   "Tantra (US Bonus Track)" 

So 12 numbers on the normal cd, 14 on iTunes, then one extra in Japan, 3 extra at Target(?) an finally one US bonus track! So that's four times buying the same numbers to have them all!
« Last Edit: August 25, 2012, 05:19:59 PM by JeroenvG »
"I could play my accordion And charm all of the women And dance round the taproom With a chair in my teeth"

Offlinevgonis

• Juliet
  • They waited for an hour and then nothing happened
    • greece in dire straits, life in greece
« Reply #691 on: August 25, 2012, 04:42:14 PM »
Hey, Bob has been doing it for quite some time! And imagine that the first editions plus the vinyl edition become collectibles once they are deleted, so the company has raised the original price, calculating that the fans will buy anything at all. (And of course there are some vultures that have money and buy many copies to sell them latter on. )That is why a famous but not so commercial artist has so many editions. Alanis used to be commercial but not lately, so she too, is mining her fan base.
Of course there are other types of record companies, like Constellation records. They are a small Canadian label, that has released several fantastic records, like Godspeed you black emperor, A Silver MT Zion, etc. They never let their records become deleted and out of print, so the object that is the CD or vinyl, has a standard price and can be obtained at all times from the label.  They don't put out expanded limited deluxe numbered editions, because they respect their fans and since all their releases are extremely good from a designer's point of view, it is a pleasure to have both the medium and the music, so people usually buy and do not download. Especially when they know the effort of that company and try to support it.
I know that most people here have different musical directions, but some of you will probably be mesmerized by some of these groups. I know I am. I have seen Godspeed live and they were thrilling! Three guitarists, two drummers and various string instruments!
Maybe Mark should consider releasing them on his own label and use the company (Universal isn't it?) to distribute the ready record. It is tough business, but others less successful have done it.
Come on, it is not funny anymore.

Offlinelocalhero1986

• Lady writer
« Reply #692 on: August 25, 2012, 07:46:54 PM »
Happy as I am: Just found a couple of vouchers which I can hand in at FRS so next Friday I'll get a 2CD version copy. No deluxe, no superdeluxe, no superdeduperdewhateverdeluxe, just the 2CD will do. Rest of the songs I'll buy online. ;)

Love Expresso

« Reply #693 on: August 26, 2012, 11:39:57 AM »

FINALLY, we got some news from (from the Fletcher-forum) about the content of the Super Deluxe Edition:

Question: Hello Guy What is the concert that will be downloadable in the super deluxe edition of Privateering Many thanks

Guy answered:    It is an entire show from the latter stages of the Get Lucky tour

Which is another reason for me not to buy the Super Deluxe because from the 26 Simfy shows I own most of them are from the latter stage... Which was really great.

So, only the three bonus songs are interesting, which makes it easier for me to say Goodbye to the Super Deluxe Edition...  ;)

LE

Offlineherlock

• Juliet
« Reply #694 on: August 26, 2012, 11:49:24 AM »

FINALLY, we got some news from (from the Fletcher-forum) about the content of the Super Deluxe Edition:

Question: Hello Guy What is the concert that will be downloadable in the super deluxe edition of Privateering Many thanks

Guy answered:    It is an entire show from the latter stages of the Get Lucky tour

Which is another reason for me not to buy the Super Deluxe because from the 26 Simfy shows I own most of them are from the latter stage... Which was really great.

So, only the three bonus songs are interesting, which makes it easier for me to say Goodbye to the Super Deluxe Edition...  ;)

LE

Thanks LE for the (actually disappointing) news ! I concurr, owning 10 Simfy show myself among the very best (Paris, London, N

Love Expresso

« Reply #695 on: August 26, 2012, 12:03:36 PM »

Good question(s), my take:

1)  CREDIT CARD WITH EXCLUSIVE CODE FOR CUSTOMER TO DOWNLOAD A FULL CONCERT is from the official MKNews info, and I tend to think that "video" would be a feature that would not desere a low profile information politics - so it is a pure audio download probably. Wouldn't they have told us otherwise?

2) again, as nothing is said about the 5 rehearsal tracks as a possible Super Deluxe content, I would think they are not in it  (which is ridiculous enough).

3) Apart from the "Life In Songs" Documentary, I could imagine that the 12 minutes EPK (that we already know) might be on it at the most. Anything else would be a big surprise and would have been announced, too.

So the big question is: WHAT art print do we get??    :-X

LE

Offlineholaknopfler

• Setlist Hero
  • Romeo
« Reply #696 on: August 26, 2012, 12:09:56 PM »
Guy:

Privateering
bouyer olivier
France
26th August 2012

Hello Guy What is the concert that will be downloadable in the super deluxe edition of Privateering Many thanks   

It is an entire show from the latter stages of the Get Lucky tour
If i was a Fender guitar, Fender painted red...

Offlineherlock

• Juliet
« Reply #697 on: August 26, 2012, 12:12:32 PM »

Good question(s), my take:

1)  CREDIT CARD WITH EXCLUSIVE CODE FOR CUSTOMER TO DOWNLOAD A FULL CONCERT is from the official MKNews info, and I tend to think that "video" would be a feature that would not desere a low profile information politics - so it is a pure audio download probably. Wouldn't they have told us otherwise?

2) again, as nothing is said about the 5 rehearsal tracks as a possible Super Deluxe content, I would think they are not in it  (which is ridiculous enough).

3) Apart from the "Life In Songs" Documentary, I could imagine that the 12 minutes EPK (that we already know) might be on it at the most. Anything else would be a big surprise and would have been announced, too.

So the big question is: WHAT art print do we get??    :-X

LE

Thanks LE, your answers make sense.
I am puzzled that we have to go fishing to know the exact content of a 80

Love Expresso

« Reply #698 on: August 26, 2012, 12:22:18 PM »
After going "ballistic" over this whole affair during the last week, when I decided to choose the cheapest type (which would  be the amazon.de download for 11

OfflineFletch

• Romeo
« Reply #699 on: August 26, 2012, 12:37:29 PM »
The Deluxe edition looks (and always has looked) like terrific value. Double CD and live extra.

I once considered the SD edition, but that's a lot of extra $$
Hey, i`ve got a truffle dog - finally a song the ordinary man can relate too!

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #700 on: August 26, 2012, 12:43:27 PM »
The Deluxe edition looks (and always has looked) like terrific value. Double CD and live extra.

I once considered the SD edition, but that's a lot of extra $$

It has actually, when you think about it.  Especially for us when you consider we have all seen the DVD and probably have the concert too (or a similar download).  For only that little bit extra over the standard version it's well worth it, you're right!
"...and I blew up the radio in pretty short order."

Love Expresso

« Reply #701 on: August 26, 2012, 12:54:56 PM »
I am hoping for a nice booklet however, hopefully with some liner notes (as in Get Lucky). There are very much and long lyrics which will require an extensive booklet for sure. Mark has always a nice and illuminative way to tell us a little bit about the recordings.

LE

OfflineEl Macho

• Lady writer
« Reply #702 on: August 26, 2012, 12:56:24 PM »
It's very disappointing
Most of MK fans already have some GL tour shows via simfy...
In the end the super deluxe edition is super crap edition !
They got a name for people like you, yeh they do
And they got a name for people like me too
El Macho, El Macho

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #703 on: August 26, 2012, 01:02:35 PM »
It's very disappointing
Most of MK fans already have some GL tour shows via simfy...
In the end the super deluxe edition is super crap edition !

Exactly.  They make a super deluxe edition presumeably for the real fans and yet these are the same people that they also made the live downloads available for in 2010!  So what market exactly are they aiming for with this SD box?
"...and I blew up the radio in pretty short order."

Offlinevgonis

• Juliet
  • They waited for an hour and then nothing happened
    • greece in dire straits, life in greece
« Reply #704 on: August 26, 2012, 01:11:40 PM »
I have been told many times that the simfy recordings were great, but I am and was in a terrible financial state to even consider buying concerts as flacs, mp3s or memory sticks. I wouldn't have the time to listen to them, carefully to enjoy them and spot the differences, anyway.
I don't know if the project sold well enough, but if they discontinued it chances are that they did because it was not profitable. So not that many people own the recordings. It would be a nice addition (and considered official release-like the simfys but not exactly) for most of the fans, even to the ones already having Simfys. I guess that they will release one not available through the Simfys. I always prefer the physical edition, so a bit disappointed that there is not a CD included.(really why not? lots of extra space in the box, look at the Pink Floyd boxes, they contain so much more and they are more compact-OK they don't have vinyl editions but still...) 
Maybe we should consider writing an open letter to the MK management or the company, about this fiasco.
Come on, it is not funny anymore.

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.071 seconds with 46 queries.