Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Privateering Deluxe editions?  (Read 298805 times)

Offlinetunnel85

• Romeo
Re: Privateering Deluxe editions?
« Reply #660 on: August 23, 2012, 06:25:59 PM »
I know!

Because the 2013 tour starts in Amsterdam you can buy the cd now and when the tour is done you may download the rest of the songs.

I

OfflineJules

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #661 on: August 23, 2012, 06:28:09 PM »
I know!

Because the 2013 tour starts in Amsterdam you can buy the cd now and when the tour is done you may download the rest of the songs.

I
So Long

Offlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...
« Reply #662 on: August 23, 2012, 06:32:03 PM »
I don't want to add any confusion but it looks like the dutch version has 18 tracks not 19  ::)

they must have been inspired by A Night in London DVD
2 songs less than the VHS

Excepted if you were an early buyer of the mexican release
(by the way I miss that one  ;) )
Actually SoS is not that great, better watch Alchemy (the piano break is much better on the bonus disc from the compilation IHMO) and MFN is much better on the Montserrat DVD.
So no big loss I think.

Still 30 years after Alchemy there's no other version of SoS on DVD, incredible at best
I also like the live aid one, less energetic but more emotional with sax... Both are gems and better than ANIL I think.

Yes but you know this is part of my little "collector side" although I try to keep it in some limit.
This is not really to listen but to have in my collection.

The haters are those who write shit

Two weeks in Australia and Sydney striptease

Offlineherlock

• Juliet
« Reply #663 on: August 23, 2012, 06:43:48 PM »
I don't want to add any confusion but it looks like the dutch version has 18 tracks not 19  ::)

Actually SoS is not that great, better watch Alchemy (the piano break is much better on the bonus disc from the compilation IHMO) and MFN is much better on the Montserrat DVD.
So no big loss I think.

Still 30 years after Alchemy there's no other version of SoS on DVD, incredible at best
I also like the live aid one, less energetic but more emotional with sax... Both are gems and better than ANIL I think.

Yes but you know this is part of my little "collector side" although I try to keep it in some limit.

I fully understand you :) we have very good video releases but we lack some. I would die for a Dortmund 80/Wembley 85/Sydney 86 blu-ray :)

Offlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...
« Reply #664 on: August 23, 2012, 06:47:04 PM »

So no big loss I think.

I fully understand you :) we have very good video releases but we lack some. I would die for a Dortmund 80/Wembley 85/Sydney 86 blu-ray :)

You can add both Paris and Werchter from 81, Snape 90, Madrid 2001, Montreux 2010...

The haters are those who write shit

Two weeks in Australia and Sydney striptease

Love Expresso

« Reply #665 on: August 23, 2012, 07:42:33 PM »
Just for your information:

amazon.de changed the release date for the Deluxe Edition again (after yesterday's Sept 7th) now again
on Sept 4th. All other editions are still on August 31. Thrilling!!

I was asking at my local Media Markt today and the (nice) lady told me that they indeed will get the CDs very close to release date Friday next week. One little chance might be to turn up Thursday evening shortly before closing time and ask about the album. I told her that we will see again next week on Thursday evening!  :D

LE

OfflineJules

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #666 on: August 23, 2012, 07:43:27 PM »
Well done, LE!!!!

;D
So Long

Offlinevgonis

• Juliet
  • They waited for an hour and then nothing happened
    • greece in dire straits, life in greece
« Reply #667 on: August 23, 2012, 11:58:32 PM »
About "SO" deluxe edition mentioned before as a good example, compared to the MK release,
http://www.superdeluxeedition.com/
 keep on reading at that page, and you will see the reactions! Stunning, with all these extras and they are still not happy! What should we say? Make an official complain straight to the artist like they are prepared to do after the open letter?
Come on, it is not funny anymore.

OfflineFletch

• Romeo
« Reply #668 on: August 24, 2012, 12:21:30 AM »
I bought The Wall Immersion box as a present for my son. Pretty expensive, but 7 discs full of stuff, nice books and artwork plus some collectible goodies, marbles of all things ! Which I think is a reference to the lyric "must've taken my marbles away..."
It's nice, if ur gonna do a box, they should be chock full of stuff.
Hey, i`ve got a truffle dog - finally a song the ordinary man can relate too!

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #669 on: August 24, 2012, 12:59:43 AM »
Got the wall, WYWH and DSOTM boxes, love em to bits....
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

OfflineBest Brown Baggies

• Lady writer
« Reply #670 on: August 24, 2012, 03:19:02 AM »
Got the wall, WYWH and DSOTM boxes, love em to bits....

I sooooo badly want those box sets too. They look so delicious!!!
Maybe when I win the lotto! ;)

Cheers. BBB
And a crowd of young boys they're fooling around in the corner
Drunk and dressed in their best brown baggies and their platform soles.

Mona Dee

« Reply #671 on: August 24, 2012, 08:14:04 AM »

amazon.de changed the release date for the Deluxe Edition again (after yesterday's Sept 7th) now again

I was asking at my local Media Markt today and the (nice) lady told me that they indeed will get the CDs very close to release date Friday next week. One little chance might be to turn up Thursday evening shortly before closing time and ask about the album. I told her that we will see again next week on Thursday evening!  :D

LE

Amazon.de changed it today AGAIN...release date is "now" Sept. 3rd...  :disbelief

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #672 on: August 24, 2012, 11:25:06 AM »
About "SO" deluxe edition mentioned before as a good example, compared to the MK release,
 keep on reading at that page, and you will see the reactions! Stunning, with all these extras and they are still not happy! What should we say? Make an official complain straight to the artist like they are prepared to do after the open letter?

I suppose the real hard-core fans can never be truly satisfied!  Putting my non MK hat on for a moment, I still think that we have never had even a decent box set/deluxe edition though.
"...and I blew up the radio in pretty short order."

OfflineDutchessy

• Founder
  • Brother in Arms
« Reply #673 on: August 24, 2012, 11:47:03 AM »

I suppose the real hard-core fans can never be truly satisfied!  Putting my non MK hat on for a moment, I still think that we have never had even a decent box set/deluxe edition though.

I liked the deluxe edition of Private Investigations (2005) Nice hardcover and booklet.
Proud member of the AMIT crew

Offlinejoko

• Camerado
« Reply #674 on: August 24, 2012, 04:41:42 PM »

LE

Amazon.de changed it today AGAIN...release date is "now" Sept. 3rd...  :disbelief

NO, they changed it once again today ... I received an email for my order with a changed release date  Sept. 5th ... though you will see still Sep. 3rd  if you search for this item  ???  ... no further comment about this silly behaviour

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.057 seconds with 42 queries.