Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Privateering Deluxe editions?  (Read 298633 times)

OfflineRolleyway Man

• Camerado
    • Mike’s Musical Musings
Re: Privateering Deluxe editions?
« Reply #285 on: August 04, 2012, 09:23:22 AM »
Oh yes, the item is still listed in my order but if I click on the item, I get a message saying 'this is not a functional page of our website' or words to that effect. Very odd.

OfflineJules

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #286 on: August 04, 2012, 09:24:57 AM »
Oh yes, the item is still listed in my order but if I click on the item, I get a message saying 'this is not a functional page of our website' or words to that effect. Very odd.

I wont worry very much about it. In the end they are gonna sell the item for sure. You have it in your orders, and as they will have it, they will send it to you.
So Long

OfflineRolleyway Man

• Camerado
    • Mike’s Musical Musings
« Reply #287 on: August 04, 2012, 09:40:34 AM »
Hmmm, yes. That's what I'm hoping but it's still quite odd that it's disappeared from their listings without a trace. We will see what happens.

Mona Dee

« Reply #288 on: August 04, 2012, 03:03:59 PM »
Amazon wants to make profit with selling cds..I bet they will order new cd-boxes from universal music (or mercury) and then put it on their site again.

Love Expresso

« Reply #289 on: August 04, 2012, 07:20:40 PM »
My order is up and running (I checked it because I was a little bit concerned after the last posts above..) The only thing that is not clear is if the 3rd CD with the 5 live songs is in it (as stated at some sites) and if there is anything more on the dvd apart from the "Life in Songs" documentary. Even if not, I want the Super Deluxe. I think the 3 CD version will be available for a long time - same as the deluxe box. Amazon is run by software and robots and not human beings, it seems. There is a dispatch or notification and nobody seems to feel responsible to give a "real" paying customer a "real" satisfying answer. Often you can read this "out of stock" message even if the item is not yet released... which is strange enough!

Keep in mind you can still buy the Get Lucky Deluxe Edition... Although the new one seems to be priced more appropriate.. I would not worry too much about not getting any released format from which amazon whatever...

LE

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #290 on: August 04, 2012, 08:28:41 PM »
I've just received this e-mail from Amazon:

We regret to report that the release of the following item has been cancelled:

" Mark Knopfler "Privateering"

Our supplier has informed us that this item is no longer available.  This item has now been cancelled from your order #203-0093679-5085128 and we can confirm that you have not been charged for it.

Please accept our apologies for any disappointment or inconvenience caused.

You may visit the product detail page(s) above to see if these item(s) are available from other sellers."

Rather alarming I'm sure you'll agree. ???
"...and I blew up the radio in pretty short order."

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #291 on: August 04, 2012, 08:35:04 PM »
dmg, This is a very strange state of affairs with Amazon UK.  Was it the Super Deluxe version that you ordered?
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #292 on: August 04, 2012, 08:48:21 PM »
dmg, This is a very strange state of affairs with Amazon UK.  Was it the Super Deluxe version that you ordered?

Yes, it was.  I think possibly they may have been a little too eager in their quest to make money and put it up for pre sale.  Now they realise their suppliers may not be able to get hold of enough copies for them to fulfill their commitments to their customers, so they've taken it off sale until they get to nearer the time of release.

OfflineRolleyway Man

• Camerado
    • Mike’s Musical Musings
« Reply #293 on: August 04, 2012, 08:57:53 PM »
Well I'm astonished.  How on earth is it possible that this edition can be available in all the other countries and NOT the UK?  Severely cheesed off.   >:(

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #294 on: August 04, 2012, 09:01:57 PM »
Well I'm astonished.  How on earth is it possible that this edition can be available in all the other countries and NOT the UK?  Severely cheesed off.   >:(

It's not only the Super Deluxe version that's not available, its the 3 CD and now also the vinyl has been removed!   There is only the 2 CD available from Amazon UK and MK is a British artist!    >:(
Goin' into Tow Law....

OfflineRolleyway Man

• Camerado
    • Mike’s Musical Musings
« Reply #295 on: August 04, 2012, 09:07:19 PM »
Just run a search on Amazon and the vinyl edition is still there but it's showing as 'currently unavailable'.  This situation is just beyond belief.  As you say Val, MK is a British artist and evidently not all formats of the album are being made available to us!   >:( >:( >:(

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #296 on: August 04, 2012, 09:27:38 PM »
I'm quite confident [fingers crossed] that the super deluxe box will be available nearer the time in the UK from good ole Amazon.  It may even be a legal trading thing where in the UK they must provide a detailed description of the item or be able to fulfill customer demand (remember this is limited edition so a pre-sale is risky as Amazon deal with suppliers).

Offlineustas

• Lady writer
« Reply #297 on: August 04, 2012, 09:29:44 PM »
Very strange with Amazon UK  ???

By the way, Japan SHM-CD

1) http://artist.cdjournal.com/d/privateering/4112070885 the track listing includes japan word likes "others"

2) http://www.cede.ch/de/music-cd/frames/frameset.cfm?aobj=965642 it says shm-cd + bonus

Mona Dee

« Reply #298 on: August 04, 2012, 09:32:01 PM »
At amazon.de everything is still available. The number of cd/disc of the super-deluxe-box changed from 6 to 4. Maybe 4 cd/dvd and 2 lps...that would mean 2cds, the 3-songs-bonus-cd and the dvd !?! That`s what they wrote in the describtion. So no 3rd cd with life-tracks ? Again confusion...

OfflineRolleyway Man

• Camerado
    • Mike’s Musical Musings
« Reply #299 on: August 04, 2012, 09:34:50 PM »
Yes, but it is rather unusual for them to put an item up for pre-sale and then subsequently remove it. I've never known that to happen before and I've used Amazon for ten years now. We will have to wait and see what happens but if the worst comes to the worst, it may even be an idea to contact MK's management to ask what is going on with the UK release formats. It would be unfair in the extreme not to make all the formats available to all territories - especially to MK's home fans!

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.074 seconds with 44 queries.