Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: MARK KNOPFLER - NEW ALBUM PRIVATEERING 'SPOILER' itunes  (Read 329873 times)

Offlinevgonis

• Juliet
  • They waited for an hour and then nothing happened
    • greece in dire straits, life in greece
Re: MARK KNOPFLER - NEW ALBUM PRIVATEERING
« Reply #435 on: July 15, 2012, 12:16:47 AM »
Yes, thank you both, I have read all these and I am willing to believe since they come from a reliable source. But still it is very peculiar if not suspicious that the sites that actually announce it come from the former iron curtain. How and why? But I am really not that curious, just making conversation. The time will come and the it is less than 48 days.  ;)
Come on, it is not funny anymore.

OfflineJules

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #436 on: July 15, 2012, 12:24:43 AM »
Yes, thank you both, I have read all these and I am willing to believe since they come from a reliable source. But still it is very peculiar if not suspicious that the sites that actually announce it come from the former iron curtain. How and why? But I am really not that curious, just making conversation. The time will come and the it is less than 48 days.  ;)

Its easy, we are suffering the warm weather and the information flows better with the mild weather behind the iron curtain  ;D
So Long

Offlinevgonis

• Juliet
« Reply #437 on: July 15, 2012, 12:55:06 AM »
jbaent, just saw your location info. You feel it too, I see. If it doesn't stop soon it is going to take a revolution to restore things. It is a war, with different means. I wonder if MK will make any move like the one he did for Syria (of course there it is far worst, but not much different. I heard Poutin has sent troops down there. Things will happen in the near future, and it might get more bloody) 

Offlineustas

• Lady writer
« Reply #438 on: July 15, 2012, 12:32:06 PM »
it come from the former iron curtain. How and why?

Is Athens is a capital of Jupiter? Do you know what happens on the Earth?

I heard Poutin has sent troops down there. Things will happen in the near future, and it might get more bloody) 

I'm disappointed that Putin does not send troops to Greece.  We would have had less stupid posts here.

Now seriously, not kidding, it's not right place for any political discussion. 

OfflineJules

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #439 on: July 15, 2012, 12:47:16 PM »
Kids, behave...  :o
So Long

Offlinevgonis

• Juliet
« Reply #440 on: July 15, 2012, 12:54:44 PM »
it come from the former iron curtain. How and why?

Is Athens is a capital of Jupiter? Do you know what happens on the Earth?

I heard Poutin has sent troops down there. Things will happen in the near future, and it might get more bloody)  

I'm disappointed that Putin does not send troops to Greece.  We would have had less stupid posts here.

Now seriously, not kidding, it's not right place for any political discussion.  

??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

But seriously, if every move we make has a political meaning as well, at least we should try not to add insult because we disagree.  And I don't wish to disturb the peaceful discussion about the new MK album, it was in brackets and the post merely to comment on jbaent's location. It would have stopped there if it wasn't for the new comments. Now here you have another irrelevant post. Thanks for making it clear that soldiers can be send even without physical presence. End of story.

Offlineholaknopfler

• Setlist Hero
  • Romeo
« Reply #441 on: July 15, 2012, 01:41:12 PM »
This is a MK thread.. Not a political. I can talk about politics for ages but please not here. I don't want to read all those discussions when I'm looking for MK news. Thankyou. No offence intended
If i was a Fender guitar, Fender painted red...

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #442 on: July 15, 2012, 01:53:55 PM »
This is a MK thread.. Not a political. I can talk about politics for ages but please not here. I don't want to read all those discussions when I'm looking for MK news. Thankyou. No offence intended

Yes, I agree.  No religion or politics at the dining table - or here!   :)
Goin' into Tow Law....

OfflineJules

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #443 on: July 15, 2012, 02:03:25 PM »

Thats why the only political reference I will make its in my location info...

This is Knopfler land, the best country in the world, so Ustas and Vgonis, shake hands and whistle Redbud Tree together  :)
So Long

Offlineustas

• Lady writer
« Reply #444 on: July 15, 2012, 02:33:11 PM »
As it was discussed above Universal Music Japan will release the local version of Privateering on SHM-CD (cat. nbr. UICR-1098) on 5th September. It looks like strange because since 1996 UM never released MK albums specially for the Japan market. Generally, the local Japan releases have bonus tracks. It's done in order to stimulate the buyers in Japan to prefer the local releases instead of a cheaper import from US and Europe.  

Referring to Ian's interview (45 tracks recorded) and Guy's message (25 or for about it finished) I affraid that Universal and Warner have a good possibillity to mix or to change the track list for the each region like Sailing To Philadelphia or Private Investigation. The Noth American release is not announced by Warner Bros yet.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2012, 02:35:31 PM by ustas »

Love Expresso

« Reply #445 on: July 15, 2012, 02:38:44 PM »
Well, not that things are quite complicated enough, with all these super deluxe stuff, isn't it?  :lol

LE

OfflineJules

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #446 on: July 15, 2012, 04:22:25 PM »
As it was discussed above Universal Music Japan will release the local version of Privateering on SHM-CD (cat. nbr. UICR-1098) on 5th September. It looks like strange because since 1996 UM never released MK albums specially for the Japan market. Generally, the local Japan releases have bonus tracks. It's done in order to stimulate the buyers in Japan to prefer the local releases instead of a cheaper import from US and Europe.  

What I dont understand is why local releases are expensive in Japan... Nosense

Referring to Ian's interview (45 tracks recorded) and Guy's message (25 or for about it finished) I affraid that Universal and Warner have a good possibillity to mix or to change the track list for the each region like Sailing To Philadelphia or Private Investigation. The Noth American release is not announced by Warner Bros yet.

I dont expect anything special from the warner release, you never know, but it looks like the record has plenty of US related stuff.
So Long

OfflineJules

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #447 on: July 15, 2012, 04:24:45 PM »
Well, not that things are quite complicated enough, with all these super deluxe stuff, isn't it?  :lol

LE

It
So Long

Offlineustas

• Lady writer
« Reply #448 on: July 15, 2012, 04:35:11 PM »
If any of you bought that SMH or whatever Japanese releases, are playable with any cd player or you really need a SACD player?

If you question links to Japan version of Privateering - it's SHM-CD, not SHM-SACD. You do not need the SACD player.

OfflineJules

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #449 on: July 15, 2012, 04:41:55 PM »
If any of you bought that SMH or whatever Japanese releases, are playable with any cd player or you really need a SACD player?

If you question links to Japan version of Privateering - it's SHM-CD, not SHM-SACD. You do not need the SACD player.

Yes, I meant that. I was yhinking more about the re-release of Cal, if it contains Comfort and Joy songs as well.
So Long

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.059 seconds with 41 queries.