Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: MARK KNOPFLER - NEW ALBUM PRIVATEERING 'SPOILER' itunes  (Read 330031 times)

OfflineHoops McCann

• Dan
  • Founder
Re: MARK KNOPFLER - NEW ALBUM PRIVATEERING
« Reply #210 on: June 02, 2012, 05:39:14 PM »
Like Superval I dont understand the negativity surrounding Privateering. As a massive Knopfler fan the thought of a double album is like winning the lottery.

People love to criticize upcoming albums without even hearing them via the internet because it's so easy to do. I always say ignore it and let the music do the talking.
"...I was prompted to check out some of the threads you have going which are often unintentionally funny, wildly speculative and sometimes just plain deluded..." - Ed Bicknell

https://soundcloud.com/sunday_driver

OfflineJules

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #211 on: June 02, 2012, 05:43:41 PM »
Like Superval I dont understand the negativity surrounding Privateering. As a massive Knopfler fan the thought of a double album is like winning the lottery.

People love to criticize upcoming albums without even hearing them via the internet because it's so easy to do. I always say ignore it and let the music do the talking.

Am I losing something? I didnt read any negativity about the record...
So Long

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #212 on: June 02, 2012, 05:54:42 PM »

You need to go back a few pages, jbaent!   ;D     It was just implied that the cover art seems to send out a message that the album could be depressing, etc probably because of the economic climate.  Also that a double album could have too many fillers, or something like that!   ::)
Goin' into Tow Law....

OfflineHoops McCann

• Dan
  • Founder
« Reply #213 on: June 02, 2012, 05:59:38 PM »

I'll quote Jackal since he seems to have left the building anyway for unknown reasons:

I'd rather have a 38 minute album with killer songs, than a 150 minute 2 CD album with a hodge podge of good and bad. Sorry, but even Mark can't fill two CDs with great songs. Unless he's going in a certain direction with the album, it's very difficult to sustain the attention. We'll see.
"...I was prompted to check out some of the threads you have going which are often unintentionally funny, wildly speculative and sometimes just plain deluded..." - Ed Bicknell

https://soundcloud.com/sunday_driver

Love Expresso

« Reply #214 on: June 02, 2012, 06:18:58 PM »
That would be very sad. Jackal has obviously deleted his account??  ???

I was about to say that it might be allowed for him not to post a week or four but then checked his account.

That is bad news!

LE
« Last Edit: June 02, 2012, 06:24:35 PM by Love Expresso »

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #215 on: June 02, 2012, 06:23:36 PM »
Yes, I noticed, a few days ago.   I will miss his posts and I hope he returns eventually.  I think I read a while ago, that he might take a break, but to delete his account....... :-\
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #216 on: June 02, 2012, 10:50:23 PM »
Yes, I noticed, a few days ago.   I will miss his posts and I hope he returns eventually.  I think I read a while ago, that he might take a break, but to delete his account....... :-\

That's really too bad.  Perhaps when the new album comes out or one of the tours is ongoing his interest may be rekindled, then it truly will be The Day of the Jackal! ;D
"...and I blew up the radio in pretty short order."

OfflineBanjo99uk

• Romeo
« Reply #217 on: June 02, 2012, 11:19:10 PM »

That's really too bad.  Perhaps when the new album comes out or one of the tours is ongoing his interest may be rekindled, then it truly will be The Day of the Jackal! ;D

Thats a shame. What happened?

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #218 on: June 03, 2012, 10:03:12 AM »
Got no clue whatsoever, what happened?
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #219 on: June 03, 2012, 10:10:29 AM »
Got no clue whatsoever, what happened?

Pottel,  I remember him saying, a few weeks ago, that he was thinking of pursuing other interests for a while, but without finding his post again, I can't remember exactly what he actually said.   :-\   I hope he is still reading the forum, so he knows we are thinking of him, kindly.     :)
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlineholaknopfler

• Setlist Hero
  • Romeo
« Reply #220 on: June 03, 2012, 11:39:51 AM »
Please come back Jackal if you read this, I really love your posts. You always come up with great subjects to talk about!
If i was a Fender guitar, Fender painted red...

Offlineholaknopfler

• Setlist Hero
  • Romeo
« Reply #221 on: June 03, 2012, 11:41:13 AM »
Oh one more thing! I'm going to play privateering this afternoon on an open session, will record it! (sorry for off topic, but the title says 'privateering' ;)
If i was a Fender guitar, Fender painted red...

Love Expresso

« Reply #222 on: June 03, 2012, 11:42:52 AM »
I had "my" (very short) break a few weeks ago (nobody noticed  :lol) - but Jackal really seems not to intend to come back as he has deleted every link (about his literature blog and guitar building etc.) so it seems he has some concrete reason to leave this place. I was not aware about any fight or disagreement, so it's a pity!

However, he could have said "Bye" at least!  ;)

LE

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #223 on: June 03, 2012, 12:32:53 PM »
However, he could have said "Bye" at least!  ;)

LE

That applies to Rollergirl, too!    I would have liked her to have said "Cheerio" too and given us the reason for her departure!   Maybe she is still reading the forum.   :)

btw LE, I did notice your short break - I will be having one very soon for about a month!   :)
Goin' into Tow Law....

Love Expresso

« Reply #224 on: June 03, 2012, 12:38:29 PM »
Ah, probably early September, when nothing interesting is happening anyway around here, am I right?  ;D

(I know of couse, but that was pm, val, so not "official")

LE

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.092 seconds with 45 queries.