Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: MARK KNOPFLER - NEW ALBUM PRIVATEERING 'SPOILER' itunes  (Read 330044 times)

Offlineustas

• Lady writer
Re: MARK KNOPFLER - NEW ALBUM PRIVATEERING
« Reply #165 on: May 30, 2012, 02:05:20 PM »
I would link this cover with the on for TRD : poverty. But one shows some happiness, is even hopeful, the other one has a depressing feel.

Do you think the sun is rising or setting? ??? ;)

This cover looks like the economical future for a bunch of people.
When you are hungry you don't care about the sun.
This is the meaning I give to that picture.

Let's see what clue Mark will give about it.

Economical "Today is not Ok" too but an expensive box set is expected. We have poker chips and craps dice in GL deluxe. Looking at the new cover art I think we will find the soap and rope. Vinyl fans will be happy with the bonuses like old weels and branded garbage....

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #166 on: May 30, 2012, 03:03:44 PM »
I've just thought of something regarding these tours.  Does anyone think that perhaps he will do the US with Dylan, play a few new tunes to promote the album and then return to Europe and tour here with his band on his solo tour without returning to the US?  It would be a big undertaking to tour for such a long time (Dylan US tour, then solo world tour) so he may use the Dylan one as a kind of replacement for the US leg of his solo tour.  It would be a pity for our US buddies.
"...and I blew up the radio in pretty short order."

Love Expresso

« Reply #167 on: May 30, 2012, 03:10:43 PM »
Hey dmg, I had the same idea two weeks ago - it seems very likely to me that he maybe replaces "his" US part of his own tour with the Bob-part and then returns to Europe and do a "real" proper tour!

I thought about it lately: Following the diary of the 2010 tour, it seems to me that the US are still a little "difficult" to tour for Mark - only very small venues, not that big audiences, maybe very expensive because of much travelling etc. So maybe MK kills two birds with one stone: Maybe a slightly longer set list as the 70 minutes from 2011, and that might it be for America. And after that, he tours Europe with a hopefully much longer set list - and without Bob!  ;)

LE

LE

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #168 on: May 30, 2012, 03:13:16 PM »
Hey dmg, I had the same idea two weeks ago - it seems very likely to me that he maybe replaces "his" US part of his own tour with the Bob-part and then returns to Europe and do a "real" proper tour!

I thought about it lately: Following the diary of the 2010 tour, it seems to me that the US are still a little "difficult" to tour for Mark - only very small venues, not that big audiences, maybe very expensive because of much travelling etc. So maybe MK kills two birds with one stone: Maybe a slightly longer set list as the 70 minutes from 2011, and that might it be for America. And after that, he tours Europe with a hopefully much longer set list - and without Bob!  ;)

LE

LE

Sorry, I'm a bit slow these days! ;)
"...and I blew up the radio in pretty short order."

Love Expresso

« Reply #169 on: May 30, 2012, 03:14:52 PM »
No, no, I just mean it is somewhat interesting when the same idea comes to mind from different people at this forum - we have a feeling for what is coming up it seems!  ;)

LE

OfflineHoops McCann

• Dan
  • Founder
« Reply #170 on: May 30, 2012, 03:22:56 PM »
I've just thought of something regarding these tours.  Does anyone think that perhaps he will do the US with Dylan, play a few new tunes to promote the album and then return to Europe and tour here with his band on his solo tour without returning to the US?  It would be a big undertaking to tour for such a long time (Dylan US tour, then solo world tour) so he may use the Dylan one as a kind of replacement for the US leg of his solo tour.  It would be a pity for our US buddies.

Let's all just hope that doesn't happen.  :)
"...I was prompted to check out some of the threads you have going which are often unintentionally funny, wildly speculative and sometimes just plain deluded..." - Ed Bicknell

https://soundcloud.com/sunday_driver

Offlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...
« Reply #171 on: May 30, 2012, 04:31:49 PM »
Mark toured in the US solo in 2005 and as a double bill in 2006.
The haters are those who write shit

Two weeks in Australia and Sydney striptease

OfflineJules

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #172 on: May 30, 2012, 04:54:01 PM »
And that song about this New York Policeman seems not to be on it neither.

LE

Radio City Serenade?

Guy just confirmed at his forum that the song about the NY policeman is Radio City Serenada, where Chris Botti plays...

And in other answer, he failed to say in which songs Ruth Moody sung...
So Long

OfflineDIFFICULTTOBELIEVE

• Local Hero
« Reply #173 on: May 30, 2012, 04:57:36 PM »

Let's all just hope that doesn't happen.  :)

I can't see MK touring the States twice within a year. I think 2013 will be Europe alone, maybe playing there a few weeks longer than usual and in some new venues, 'cos he's not doing the US again. A guess.

OfflineJules

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #174 on: May 30, 2012, 05:21:25 PM »
I really hope that they dont come back to the States in 2013, at least not until Europe is done, by a VERY SELFISH reason... I may have the chance to attend the opening concert if its before may and if its in Europe by "reasons related to my work", so I really hope all of you are right on this  ;D

In the realistic hand, I
So Long

Offlinevgonis

• Juliet
  • They waited for an hour and then nothing happened
    • greece in dire straits, life in greece
« Reply #175 on: May 30, 2012, 06:04:59 PM »
I just thought of a heretic explanation of the title"Privateering".
It is a double CD so that means extra cost, so it is looting, from the company side, after all!
I am just kidding. The price at Play.com is 16.49 so almost the cost of a single CD. (at least that was the cost of GL when it first hit the shops.)

Superval, I think that my cup is already dry. Don't see things half - full or half - empty. I see them empty. It is not a pessimistic opinion, it is reality. They just turn people and nations against each other, while at the same time do whatever they wish with the environment, food education and health, that in the first place should be easier to get with the new technologies, but alas, they are harder. Just imagine what expectations we all had of the internet, and what has become of it. At times I even tend to believe that music lovers (like us) are given such treats not only for fan and enjoyment, but also to keep us sedated. And as Voltaire said, I may not agree with your opinion, but I will defend to the death your right to express it.   

And back on the subject. It is really hard to raise my expectations as high as I used to (when I was 13 and first heard DS). But MK is a fixation. His vocals, his guitar licks, etc. Sometimes I try to look from "outside" not as a fan, but as a casual listener, and the only thing I can say, is that I have been listening to some of MK's albums far less than other albums from contemporary artists, like Darren Hayman, Belle and Sebastian, Tindersticks, Coral etc.(Unfortunately not so much the Dandy Warhols, that he actually contributed ) But I am not going to fall into the speculation orbit. I can and will wait until the release. After all, repeated plays, several years after can make the difference and I would hate to change my mind and admit it here, again. (wink-wink)   
Come on, it is not funny anymore.

Offlinetwm

• Romeo
« Reply #176 on: May 30, 2012, 06:18:42 PM »
It is said that there four basic personality types, when presented with a glass that is part-filled. One sees the glass as half-full and the second sees it as half-empty. The third just can't decide whether it's half-full or half-empty but the fourth takes a quick look and then screams very loudly and very violently, "I didn't want a (insert your own expletive) drink, I wanted a burger!!".

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #177 on: May 30, 2012, 06:22:42 PM »
Hi VGONIS2002!     According to the link below the price at Play.com is
« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 06:35:50 PM by superval99 »
Goin' into Tow Law....

OfflineJules

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #178 on: May 30, 2012, 06:43:05 PM »
Nice mail Val...

Imagine that, if with a single cd, there are so many opinions, some good, some bad and some worse... if the record is double, well, all is double!!!

;D ;D ;D

By the way, its a very good price for a double cd.
So Long

Love Expresso

« Reply #179 on: May 30, 2012, 07:27:01 PM »
I was going through Guy's complete album diary and I think we are in for something really good and different! Lots of background voices, (Tim O'Brien is also mentioned having a nice voice together with Mark), then the clapping, the "unusual" background singing from the boys, the blues elements, because the "mere fact that Kim is here is a pointer to the style of some of the recordings..."  Then the heavy slide sound, probably on Corned Beef City, and having Privateering alone in a proper studio recording together with One take Haul Away will be worth the buy I am sure... Lots of acoustics, lots of nice and long lyrics, strings are on it, too, so I am expecting a really colourful bouquet of MK music this time!

When I think that it was just a few months ago that I "discovered" Hard Shoulder and The Car Was The One, I am sure I will have pleasure with MK's new album hopefully for a very long time!

Or to use that old picture again: Hopefully our next child (upps, they turn out to be twins!), well hopefully they are hale and hearty, so they will enrich our live for sure!

A little cheesy maybe but I hope you get the picture...  ;D

LE

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.067 seconds with 45 queries.