Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: MARK KNOPFLER - NEW ALBUM PRIVATEERING 'SPOILER' itunes  (Read 330050 times)

Offlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...
Re: MARK KNOPFLER - NEW ALBUM PRIVATEERING
« Reply #135 on: May 29, 2012, 11:05:46 AM »
I would link this cover with the on for TRD : poverty. But one shows some happiness, is even hopeful, the other one has a depressing feel.
The haters are those who write shit

Two weeks in Australia and Sydney striptease

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #136 on: May 29, 2012, 11:34:37 AM »
One interesting point - from the aspect of the double album point of view - is that with all these songs to choose from surely we must hear more new ones on the tour.

This has been a point of criticism over the last few tours from most of us and would surely indicate a dramatic change in the set from 2010, 2008...

Talking about static set lists, what's the reckoning that the set for the next Dylan thing will be the same as the last one? ::)
"...and I blew up the radio in pretty short order."

Love Expresso

« Reply #137 on: May 29, 2012, 11:39:40 AM »
dmg, as I am not able to attend the upcoming (?) US shows, it would be ok with me when they played exactly the same as last year. I know that' s quite
harsh but hey, that is my darker side...

I did a little research: Guy posted the GET LUCKY track lengths on HIS website around June 30th 2009. There were some people asking about it (including me), and as the time schedule this year is pretty much the same, I am sure we will have the track lengths within the next four weeks or so.

LE

Offlinetwm

• Romeo
« Reply #138 on: May 29, 2012, 12:35:27 PM »
If the new album's out, then he'll play some of the new songs - surely.

Offlinetwm

• Romeo
« Reply #139 on: May 29, 2012, 12:52:27 PM »
And TK and MK NEWS are linked with MK's management and record company. This has advantages and disadvantages. The major disadvantage in terms of the likes of a new album is that the record company employs marketing and PR staff and they will have developed a plan for "launching" the new album. And TK and MK NEWS will have to comply with these arrangements

This plan will, from the point of view of the marketing and PR people, involve withholding information until it gets revealed at a pre-set time.  They fear premature leaks, as these will be seen as undermining "the plan".  This gives them the chance to offer "exclusives" to journalists, making the journos feel "special" and therefore more predisposed to "like" the new album. It also allows them, through the back-up information provided to the jounalists, to influence what's written. This is "PR spin" and, as it happens, also keeps marketing and PR staff in a job, so that's an additional incentive to keep things tight.

These machinations are not aimed at fans like you (because you're likely to buy the new album, come what may) but at the wider public, who do not follow "MK-things" as closely as you do.

This is understandable and, I might suggest, means that MK is subjec to (and I would argue central to) these big corporation machinations. It is the classic dichotomy bewtween commerce and art.  Whatever MK writes in his lyrics (and I've further suggested that he may be commenting on the "CRASH" and its effects), he is part of the big mess himself - but probably better insulated from its effects than most of us.

P.S. The same applies to Dylan, of course

OfflineJules

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #140 on: May 29, 2012, 02:17:52 PM »
And TK and MK NEWS are linked with MK's management and record company. This has advantages and disadvantages. The major disadvantage in terms of the likes of a new album is that the record company employs marketing and PR staff and they will have developed a plan for "launching" the new album. And TK and MK NEWS will have to comply with these arrangements

You are ABSOLUTLY right. I talked a lot in the past (long long ago) with TK about this, and he always told me that he wish to share that information as soon as he can, and that means, "as soon as I
So Long

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #141 on: May 29, 2012, 03:31:59 PM »
i find it strange amazon.de is not yet offering the album for presale, whereas hte UK site does...why oh why!!!
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

Offlinejabbathehut

• Camerado
« Reply #142 on: May 29, 2012, 03:37:04 PM »
Based on previous experience, when is the European tour likley to be announced.?

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #143 on: May 29, 2012, 03:38:59 PM »
oct. november? i seem to remember buying tickets then...
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

Offlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...
« Reply #144 on: May 29, 2012, 03:39:11 PM »
"The deluxe box will have a cd" that is, obviously, nonsense.

On the contrary, the deluxe should have only one CD but include an extra track* not on the regurlar. That way you will have to purchase both : regurlar and Deluxe.

*: and of course, both Best Buy and itune will also get their exclusive extra track.

How to make good business from fans  :P

Offlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...
« Reply #145 on: May 29, 2012, 03:43:28 PM »
oct. november? i seem to remember buying tickets then...

In 2007 the first batch of tix were sold late September. I remember well it was just at the time of my only week of the year I was away from home and was supposed to have no internet connection.

Offlinetwm

• Romeo
« Reply #146 on: May 29, 2012, 03:47:44 PM »
I just "sent" a posting that didn't get through - not for the first time, I'm afraid.

The short version is that I didn't mean to seem to denigrate TK or MK NEWS. They provide a valuable service and, in these days when all manner of innaccurate nonsense gets circulated on-line, it is very useful to read something that you know is right, even if it's a day or two later than some others.

OfflineDIFFICULTTOBELIEVE

• Local Hero
« Reply #147 on: May 30, 2012, 09:41:38 AM »
I would link this cover with the on for TRD : poverty. But one shows some happiness, is even hopeful, the other one has a depressing feel.

Do you think the sun is rising or setting? ??? ;)

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #148 on: May 30, 2012, 10:06:32 AM »

Do you think the sun is rising or setting? ??? ;)

I think there's too much pessimism around with some people at the moment!   There was even a post that a double CD was not good - too many fillers, or something!  It would also have been bad news if it had been a single CD!   For some people on this forum, their cup is always half-empty and they have the inability to look forward optimistically!   I have the feeling this is going to be a wonderful album!     :)
Goin' into Tow Law....

OfflineBest Brown Baggies

• Lady writer
« Reply #149 on: May 30, 2012, 10:13:52 AM »
A double cd is definitely GREAT news.
how can an MK album possibly be anything other than superb.
My cup of optimism over floweth. ;D

Cheers. BBB
And a crowd of young boys they're fooling around in the corner
Drunk and dressed in their best brown baggies and their platform soles.

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.051 seconds with 41 queries.