Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: MARK KNOPFLER - NEW ALBUM PRIVATEERING 'SPOILER' itunes  (Read 330081 times)

OfflineJules

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
Re: MARK KNOPFLER - NEW ALBUM PRIVATEERING
« Reply #105 on: May 28, 2012, 12:23:46 PM »
I'd rather have a 38 minute album with killer songs, than a 150 minute 2 CD album with a hodge podge of good and bad. Sorry, but even Mark can't fill two CDs with great songs. Unless he's going in a certain direction with the album, it's very difficult to sustain the attention. We'll see.
pretty convinced mark will wrong you there amigo!  :lol

I DO agree!
So Long

Love Expresso

« Reply #106 on: May 28, 2012, 12:26:23 PM »
10 tracks on every album will mean not more than 50 to 55, 60 minutes (at the most)  playtime on each CD - besides there are some unusal long tracks on it (which means more than 7 minutes for me)... I am sure Mark will NOT fill both CDs completely with 70 to 75 minutes. Last time he did that was Golden Heart...

LE

OfflineJules

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #107 on: May 28, 2012, 12:31:00 PM »
10 tracks on every album will mean not more than 50 to 55, 60 minutes (at the most)  playtime on each CD - besides there are some unusal long tracks on it (which means more than 7 minutes for me)... I am sure Mark will NOT fill both CDs completely with 70 to 75 minutes. Last time he did that was Golden Heart...

LE

Yeah, I
So Long

Offlinegoldenheart96

• Lady writer
« Reply #108 on: May 28, 2012, 12:47:31 PM »
I can imagine hanging out with and around Bob Dylan was probably a great inspiration to Mark, in terms of prolific songwriting.

I can't recall exactly, but did they have all of these songs in the can before the tour? How many sessions afterwards?

How can he be inspired by "hanging out with Dylan" when he did not? IIRC, they didn't even have lunch together, or a post-concert drink! Exchanging a few licks and enhancing some of Dylan's strange song arrangements does hardly count as a inspiration, IMO.
People, please stop obsessing over an MK/BD collab. It's over, done with, finished. Time to move on.

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #109 on: May 28, 2012, 12:50:04 PM »

LE

So we can expect lots of nice long flute/whistle solo's on it then! ;)
"...and I blew up the radio in pretty short order."

Jackal

« Reply #110 on: May 28, 2012, 12:52:34 PM »
Time to move on.

We moved on a couple of pages ago.

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #111 on: May 28, 2012, 01:58:14 PM »
I can imagine hanging out with and around Bob Dylan was probably a great inspiration to Mark, in terms of prolific songwriting.

I can't recall exactly, but did they have all of these songs in the can before the tour? How many sessions afterwards?

How can he be inspired by "hanging out with Dylan" when he did not? IIRC, they didn't even have lunch together, or a post-concert drink! Exchanging a few licks and enhancing some of Dylan's strange song arrangements does hardly count as a inspiration, IMO.
People, please stop obsessing over an MK/BD collab. It's over, done with, finished. Time to move on.
wrong, read guy's replies and posts,it is clear bob totally ignored the band, but bob and mark spend more then an hour a ay, alone. And that is what guy (can) tells us
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #112 on: May 28, 2012, 01:58:47 PM »
Or better, what he knows about even.
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

Jackal

« Reply #113 on: May 28, 2012, 02:01:31 PM »
I guess we returned.

Love Expresso

« Reply #114 on: May 28, 2012, 02:20:07 PM »
And there will be a BD/MK autumn US tour this year, so even if it has been over, it will all come back to us again! Not so sure if I am happy about that either, with the view of so much new MK material I would love to buy European show tickets as fas as possible and not want to go through another US tour with only 70 minutes shows or so. I know it has not  been confirmed but it seems pretty clear to me... Guy was talking about "...tour(s)".

LE

Offlineborder_reiver

• Founder
  • Romeo
  • "I've been down in Louisiana playing on his album"
« Reply #115 on: May 28, 2012, 02:23:02 PM »
TK still in bed obviously

TK doest works at MK management or the record company, is a fan that has his own work and at the same time runs the official MKNEWS site, so I guess that as soon as his work allows him to do it, he will update his site.

Too bad that even the "Official" site http://www.markknopfler.com/ isn't up to date! Good thing we have AMIT!

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the MK.com team located in Toronto, Canada? I suppose they are sleeping at the moment.

And while I'm at it, I saw one of the members over there slinging some statistic dirt at AMIT recently  :(

Which apparently backfired enormously seeing that the MK.com's 51000 users (3400 if counting 1 post or more) managed some 34000 posts since the beginning yet AMIT's 900 members almost made it to 45000 despite being one year younger  ;D

Sorry for the off-topic!
"My idea of heaven is a place where the Tyne meets the Delta, where folk music meets the blues."

OfflineJules

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #116 on: May 28, 2012, 02:26:18 PM »
Well, Bod Dylan thing its not over, an US tour this autumm is waiting to be anounced...

And with the new record just released, a chance to listen new tracks live, well, to recording for us, european fans  ;D

Guy said something about vynils, so, can we guess the box will have vynils again?
So Long

Offlineborder_reiver

• Founder
  • Romeo
« Reply #117 on: May 28, 2012, 02:29:12 PM »
Well, Bod Dylan thing its not over, an US tour this autumm is waiting to be anounced...

And with the new record just released, a chance to listen new tracks live, well, to recording for us, european fans  ;D

Guy said something about vynils, so, can we guess the box will have vynils again?

If they follow the scheme with adding some extra merchandise that follows the theme of the album, well then I'm not so sure I'd like what's inside the box set  ;D
"My idea of heaven is a place where the Tyne meets the Delta, where folk music meets the blues."

Love Expresso

« Reply #118 on: May 28, 2012, 02:31:27 PM »
An old tyre, what else...

And some pirate's gold ducats, well replicas of them...

LE

Offlineborder_reiver

• Founder
  • Romeo
« Reply #119 on: May 28, 2012, 02:36:46 PM »
An old tyre, what else...

And some pirate's gold ducats, well replicas of them...

LE

As long as we're not fencing any property...

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.059 seconds with 49 queries.