Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: MARK KNOPFLER - NEW ALBUM PRIVATEERING 'SPOILER' itunes  (Read 330074 times)

OfflineSlavi

• Camerado
    • Official Chris White Fan Site
Re: MARK KNOPFLER - NEW ALBUM PRIVATEERING
« Reply #30 on: May 27, 2012, 01:37:49 AM »
Arrrrgghhhh! OMG!! OMG!!
Can't wait!!
Thank you for the GREAT news...the album cover is amazing...

foma

« Reply #31 on: May 27, 2012, 03:01:48 AM »
My jaw is on the floor actually, thanks!

But the cover is just horrible, I think. Third soulless cover in a row from the 'great' Salvador Design (I'm sure Priveteering is their job too). It's all IMAO, of cource, but... what a default fonts, two clearly visible layers of photoshop and strange composition? Looks like bonus photo inside box or something like that. I just don't want to by this CD in to my collection and I'll preffer digital download instead, but I'm ready to spent $200 on rare The Ragpicker's Dream LP just because it's awesome cover (apart from the music). Or by 'A Momentary Lapse of Reason' at last.

Sorry friends for my attak, but design is the most weak link in Mark's current production process. Those covers (KtGC, GL and Privateering) just doesn't reach the level of the music underneath it.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2012, 03:38:40 AM by foma »

Offlinejoanzimm

• Camerado
« Reply #32 on: May 27, 2012, 03:59:08 AM »
DOUBLE ALBUM!!!!!!!!!   Thank you Mark :-* :-* :-*. (Into The Wild was the first thing I thought of when I saw the cover).
It's hard sometimes but pretty much it's alright

OfflineDutchessy

• Founder
  • Brother in Arms
« Reply #33 on: May 27, 2012, 09:28:14 AM »
Holy cow! Am still totally excited because I saw Springsteen for the first time last night and he completely blew me away with a three and a half hour set, and now I read these news! A double album, OMFG!! This will be another sleepless night for me! Cover reminds me of "Into the Wild"  ;D

Great!! I'm gonna see springsteen tonight in koln for the first time!!
Proud member of the AMIT crew

Offlineborder_reiver

• Founder
  • Romeo
  • "I've been down in Louisiana playing on his album"
« Reply #34 on: May 27, 2012, 09:49:38 AM »
If Corned Beef City is the only rocker this time around I'm gonna lose it  ;D
"My idea of heaven is a place where the Tyne meets the Delta, where folk music meets the blues."

OfflineTally

• Camerado
« Reply #35 on: May 27, 2012, 09:50:19 AM »
This is great news! I was sure the second CD was live tracks. Corned Beef is included too, I was sure that one was gonna left out. But with a double, anything is possible of course.

And Springsteen is great live, enjoy!

OfflineTally

• Camerado
« Reply #36 on: May 27, 2012, 09:51:31 AM »
If Corned Beef City is the only rocker this time around I'm gonna lose it  ;D

Indeed, if this album is in the tempo of Haul Away, getting through double discs may be challenging  ;D But we'll see, the length would seem to imply a great variety of styles and tempos. At least there's some blues in there.

OfflineK-alberto

• Camerado
« Reply #37 on: May 27, 2012, 09:52:23 AM »
DOUBLE ALBUM??!!

This is REALLY REALLY the MOST unbelieavable, stunning, wonderful news I've heard since a long time!!!

And I also LOVE the cover, no slot machines this time, love the light, the color, the feeling it gives....

Really can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!
THANK YOU MARK!!!!

Offlineborder_reiver

• Founder
  • Romeo
« Reply #38 on: May 27, 2012, 10:04:26 AM »
Corned Beef City, Privateering and Haul Away are all fantastic. But if there are 17 various versions of 'A Place Where We Used To Live" or "The Fizzy And The Still" - the 2CD is going to the place depicted on the album.  ;)

Indeed, if this album is in the tempo of Haul Away, getting through double discs may be challenging  ;D But we'll see, the length would seem to imply a great variety of styles and tempos. At least there's some blues in there.
"My idea of heaven is a place where the Tyne meets the Delta, where folk music meets the blues."

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #39 on: May 27, 2012, 10:12:50 AM »
Amazing.  I don't really give a fuck about the cover,  but 20 songs? Oh yeah.
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

OfflineTally

• Camerado
« Reply #40 on: May 27, 2012, 10:20:43 AM »
First MK double album evvva, except for live stuff. Totally unexptected.

Love Expresso

« Reply #41 on: May 27, 2012, 10:21:42 AM »
My jaw is on the floor actually, thanks!

But the cover is just horrible, I think. Third soulless cover in a row from the 'great' Salvador Design (I'm sure Priveteering is their job too). It's all IMAO, of cource, but... what a default fonts, two clearly visible layers of photoshop and strange composition? Looks like bonus photo inside box or something like that.

It is all a question of taste, of course. But as far as I know, Salvador Design was not involved this time - he was asked about some cover design for the new album via twitter a few months back and said he was not involved.

And I cannot say that I don't like it - the font style and design fits perfectly to the message of the picture.
And Kill To Get Crimson had one of the nicest covers in a long time on any MK album in my opinion. The colour, the font and the motive were just perfectly well chosen for the style of the album in my opinion.
 ;)

LE

Offlineborder_reiver

• Founder
  • Romeo
« Reply #42 on: May 27, 2012, 10:22:36 AM »
Looks like MK finally is doing something he wants to do and not in line with the record company's demands.

Tell me any other (proper) musician that puts a double-CD with all new material on the market these days???

Love Expresso

« Reply #43 on: May 27, 2012, 11:16:58 AM »
About the cover:

I had a look at Salvador Lavados twitter and on May 17th he wrote: "Looks like I may be working with Mark Knopfler again".

?

LE

Jackal

« Reply #44 on: May 27, 2012, 11:21:37 AM »
Yeah, now we're talking! High time Mark would break out of the mould and do something different. I just hope it will not be a regular Mark album x 2, but that he exploits the 2CD format and makes some kind of concept out of it. All in all I'm excited. This time I'll try to stop myself from listening to snippets and just buy the album in its "virgin state".

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.056 seconds with 47 queries.