Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: MARK KNOPFLER - NEW ALBUM PRIVATEERING 'SPOILER' itunes  (Read 315389 times)

Mona Dee

Re: MARK KNOPFLER - NEW ALBUM PRIVATEERING 'SPOILER' itunes
« Reply #855 on: August 24, 2012, 08:07:33 AM »
I like the song, too, but am not sure about the lyrics. It seems to me, as if he comes and goes like he wants to, and she is "leaning against his collar" and waits and waits.... hmm, if my husband would come only to leave again...well, I`m not sure if I like that (and that`s understated) ;-) ...

"Kiss me once and I'll be gone..." is a line from one of my all time favourite MK songs, The Long Highway, and I think it is also about restlessness and loyalty... I had problems first with the sentence itself, "Go, Love, if you're going".... but then I think I solved the "illogic" in it by reading the whole line,
"Go, Love, if you're going, I'll be here when you come back".

Do you think that's right?

About the collar: Very athmosperic, I really see a harbour and the weather is bad, rain or wind, and it is still dark (early in the morning), well, the music sounds this way, and he is maybe a soldier or sailor (or both), and they are about to bid farewell. So she leans into his collar a last time before he goes aboard ship....

;)

LE

First : it is absolute athmosperic, no doubt ! I had only problems with the left woman, who can only wait until he decides to come back...that was my impression first...but after reading it again , I found out, that "If that's the way it's got to be" can mean, he isn`t free to decide, he has to go (i.e job --- making shows, to satisfy the AMIT-people  ;) )

Do you mean it`s not only him who goes now and then, but her as well ? "Go, Love, if you're going, I'll be here when you come back".  So he is waiting , too....or it

Offlinearabia

• Camerado
« Reply #856 on: August 24, 2012, 08:27:20 AM »
NICE!!

Just discovered this, now I have two albums I'm REALLY looking forward to buying in early September.
Like Bluebird best on first listen, reminds me of one of my fav MK tunes, Baloney Again.

OfflineRail King

• Lady writer
« Reply #857 on: August 24, 2012, 09:26:03 AM »
Something like "Hot or What" is nice to have, who wouldn't like it? But songs like "Seattle" are something else. Just this intro gives me goosebumps. You hear just a line or two, and you're instantly reminded why you adore Mr. Knopfler so much: He's just an INCREDIBLE songwriter. Fantastic.

OfflineFletch

• Romeo
« Reply #858 on: August 24, 2012, 09:56:10 AM »
Some songs just grab you straight away - reminds me of the first time I heard Sands Of Nevada, made me think, "wow" instantly.
I've refrained from the preview listens (apart from Redbud and Privateering), but you guys are getting me real excited about bringing the deluxe set home! ;D
Hey, i`ve got a truffle dog - finally a song the ordinary man can relate too!

OfflineMisterYES

• Local Hero
« Reply #859 on: August 24, 2012, 12:40:53 PM »
Do you people hear in "Go, Love" something like almost slight volume overdrive at some parts?

There is some nice background noise also in general, but that's not it.

Particularly when Mark sing "returning" word...either I listening iTunes samples, or some others at different qualities or though out different kinds of speakers and headphones, that song always seems to have a slight clipping, to me at least.

Anyone else noticed?

OfflineGuitarman1972

• Camerado
« Reply #860 on: August 24, 2012, 01:53:19 PM »
MisterYES i ain't gonna pay attention much when it comes to these kind of things. With the compression and ripping of songs to PC so much can be f'ed up that you could hear allkinds of distortions, which might not on the discs at all. So I shouldn't waiste time on such matters at this stage if I were you.

OfflineJasper90

• Camerado
« Reply #861 on: August 24, 2012, 02:15:12 PM »
And now, we have a picture of the back cover ;D

From Freerecordshop.nl :D http://www.freerecordshop.nl/muziek/privateering-mark-knopfler-0602537043217
MK Down the Road Wherever tour :
22.05.2019 Royal Albert Hall London, UK
22.06.2019 Sportpaleis Antwerpen, Belgium
23.06.2019 Ziggo Dome Amsterdam, Netherlands
03.07.2019 St. Peter at Sunset Kelzenholz, Switzerland

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #862 on: August 24, 2012, 02:22:38 PM »
Not complaining but I like when the tracks are numbered.  It helps if you want to go to a particular track and need to punch in the number to your CD player.  As it is here, one will have to count every time! ::)
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

OfflineJasper90

• Camerado
« Reply #863 on: August 24, 2012, 02:26:25 PM »
oh

so it was from a shop, not a private copy :)

If I had it I would share it with you all ofcourse. I wish I had the album in my hands but unfortunately, I've not haha :P.
MK Down the Road Wherever tour :
22.05.2019 Royal Albert Hall London, UK
22.06.2019 Sportpaleis Antwerpen, Belgium
23.06.2019 Ziggo Dome Amsterdam, Netherlands
03.07.2019 St. Peter at Sunset Kelzenholz, Switzerland

Offlineingridswing

• Founder
  • Rüdiger
« Reply #864 on: August 24, 2012, 02:27:11 PM »
Not complaining but I like when the tracks are numbered.  It helps if you want to go to a particular track and need to punch in the number to your CD player.  As it is here, one will have to count every time! ::)

+1

OfflineRail King

• Lady writer
« Reply #865 on: August 24, 2012, 02:44:12 PM »
Nice! This album has Mark's best artwork to date, in my opinion. Surprised by the GB sticker, though, since many of the songs have such a southern (US) feeling. I expected that van to be parked somewhere down in Alabama ...

OfflineDutchessy

• Founder
  • Brother in Arms
« Reply #866 on: August 24, 2012, 02:46:20 PM »
Also nice snippets at that site
Proud member of the AMIT crew

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #867 on: August 24, 2012, 02:56:16 PM »
Nice! This album has Mark's best artwork to date, in my opinion. Surprised by the GB sticker, though, since many of the songs have such a southern (US) feeling. I expected that van to be parked somewhere down in Alabama ...

Funny how tastes differ because not only do I think this is Mark's worst artwork to date but I think it's possibly the worst of anyone!  Dated, unoriginal, uninspiring, boring, unattractive and not even practical. Eeew, yuk!
« Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 02:58:22 PM by dmg »
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #868 on: August 24, 2012, 03:23:58 PM »

Funny how tastes differ because not only do I think this is Mark's worst artwork to date but I think it's possibly the worst of anyone!  Dated, unoriginal, uninspiring, boring, unattractive and not even practical. Eeew, yuk!

I take it you don't like it then, dmg!    ;D
Goin' into Tow Law....

OfflineFletch

• Romeo
« Reply #869 on: August 24, 2012, 03:30:21 PM »
I like the artwork, and even the 'plain' vinyl sleeves look stylish to my eye. It all in the beholder.

Yeah I don't know how a GB sticker ended up on a van that's full of Americana songs!!! :)
Hey, i`ve got a truffle dog - finally a song the ordinary man can relate too!

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.054 seconds with 40 queries.