Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: MARK KNOPFLER - NEW ALBUM PRIVATEERING 'SPOILER' itunes  (Read 329909 times)

OfflineJules

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
Re: MARK KNOPFLER - NEW ALBUM PRIVATEERING
« Reply #345 on: July 04, 2012, 09:37:15 AM »
Okay, so it's up to our German and Swiss friends to give us very extensive reviews of every song now since you lot get it first!  Promise? ;)

I rather have, if the album is not leaked, some nice 20 mp3's to listen the whole record on August 31st. There is no harm in that as we are going to buy the album anyway, but cant wait three or four days more. Its not fair that we are in the market strategies hands and we have to wait four days...  :-\

This time I have the feeling that the album is not gonna be leaked soon, or at all, after the great mess the Canadian people from the official site committe  ;D
So Long

Offlinetunnel85

• Romeo
« Reply #346 on: July 04, 2012, 11:42:14 AM »
Okay, so it's up to our German and Swiss friends to give us very extensive reviews of every song now since you lot get it first!  Promise? ;)

I rather have, if the album is not leaked, some nice 20 mp3's to listen the whole record on August 31st. There is no harm in that as we are going to buy the album anyway, but cant wait three or four days more. Its not fair that we are in the market strategies hands and we have to wait four days...  :-\

This time I have the feeling that the album is not gonna be leaked soon, or at all, after the great mess the Canadian people from the official site committe  ;D
I believe you have friends all over Europe  ::)

OfflineJules

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #347 on: July 04, 2012, 11:44:06 AM »

I believe you have friends all over Europe  ::)

I hope so  ;D
So Long

OfflineJules

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #348 on: July 04, 2012, 12:17:43 PM »
Some "torrent" sites are already listing Privateering to download...

Apparently fakes as it asks for a password. Interesting that at least there are this references... I hope it means the leak is coming  ;D
So Long

Offlineborder_reiver

• Founder
  • Romeo
  • "I've been down in Louisiana playing on his album"
« Reply #349 on: July 04, 2012, 01:41:12 PM »
C'mon!

How can you release an album called Privateering and not expect some piracy...

;D
"My idea of heaven is a place where the Tyne meets the Delta, where folk music meets the blues."

OfflineJules

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #350 on: July 04, 2012, 02:18:12 PM »
C'mon!

How can you release an album called Privateering and not expect some piracy...

;D

LOL

This periods of time between the announcement and the release always kills me...

Glory leaks  ;D
So Long

Offlineholaknopfler

• Setlist Hero
  • Romeo
« Reply #351 on: July 04, 2012, 02:58:03 PM »
It will also be released in Holland at 31 august: http://www.bol.com/nl/p/privateering/1000004012365933/#product_overview
If i was a Fender guitar, Fender painted red...

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #352 on: July 04, 2012, 09:02:36 PM »
I'm sure there will be a leak,  it happens as soon as the review copies go out.

Last time the full quality mp3 was out only a couple of days after th mk. Com debacle.
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

OfflineJules

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #353 on: July 04, 2012, 09:30:16 PM »

Last time the full quality mp3 was out only a couple of days after th mk. Com debacle.

I loved the Canadians that day.

;)
So Long

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #354 on: July 05, 2012, 09:47:23 AM »

Yes,  they are good at boasting that they have more registered members than AMIT,  not so good atnot leaking the new album!

;)
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

OfflineJules

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #355 on: July 05, 2012, 10:23:00 AM »

;)
Yes,  they are good at boasting that they have more registered members than AMIT,  not so good atnot leaking the new album!

That forum is very unfriendly, I cant stand trying to find anything between the threads, its boring, and its not nice...

This is home for me.
So Long

Love Expresso

« Reply #356 on: July 05, 2012, 10:29:46 AM »
Yeah, because there's AMI in AMIT (like the French have it...)   :lol

I once tried to get a ticket there last year and I had some friendly and helpful posts immediately in my mailbox. There are also a lot of people from the early forums and US, so I cannot agree that it is unfriendly - but have not been long enough there to verify...

Btw, I always wanted to know: Is Markknopfler.com also moderated (heavily?) by TK?

LE

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #357 on: July 05, 2012, 10:33:41 AM »

;)

That forum is very unfriendly, I cant stand trying to find anything between the threads, its boring, and its not nice...

This is home for me.

Most of the 50,000+ members there have joined for the tickets - only a handful actually post.   I post there myself occasionally and I know that there are some really nice, friendly people.   I do think, though, that in comparison, AMIT is the most well-informed and active forum.   I love being here!   ;)   
Goin' into Tow Law....

OfflineJules

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #358 on: July 05, 2012, 12:22:16 PM »
Most of the 50,000+ members there have joined for the tickets - only a handful actually post.   I post there myself occasionally and I know that there are some really nice, friendly people.   I do think, though, that in comparison, AMIT is the most well-informed and active forum.   I love being here!   ;)   

The well-informed is the main point for most of the fans. The official sources are great for official news, but in these days the information is out there long before its approved to be "official" and we ended up knowing about the track list, about the cover, about the news, about everything before the official sources says anything... and we wait and wait and wait for things we already know.

Its like the today affair with the single. Redbud Tree is being aired in some countries, in Spain will be aired next monday. Is that dammned difficult to put the song in the official site so the fans avoid the search between the Norwegian and Croatian radios online?

They are living in the past, while we live in the present, and we are doing it quite well with the circunstances, dont we?

;D ;D ;D
So Long

Love Expresso

« Reply #359 on: July 05, 2012, 12:29:28 PM »
I think TK is doing the best he can but for what I know he has a job to do and is running the MKNews site (including the connection to the management) on his very own (costs and everything.)

So the question is more: What the hell is PC doing these days? And: Would it not be better to ask another (fan) to run an "official fan site" if the one who is in charge has not enough time and energy to be fast and well informed and updated enough to please us?

It is really ridiculous as you say, that radio stations in Europe (have) play(ed) the song already and there is still no information about this first (promo) release. I know, we are all get-a-lifers, and Mark and Guy and Paul C. are not. So that is maybe where the truth lies....

LE

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.058 seconds with 42 queries.