Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: MARK KNOPFLER - NEW ALBUM PRIVATEERING 'SPOILER' itunes  (Read 329934 times)

Offlinetwm

• Romeo
Re: MARK KNOPFLER - NEW ALBUM PRIVATEERING
« Reply #285 on: June 16, 2012, 09:34:51 PM »
Me, too. I prefer the "sound" of the new songs.

But I did say, "many AMITers  ..." and not "all AMITers  ...".

OfflineJules

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #286 on: June 17, 2012, 06:01:26 PM »
I dont listen Dire Straits stuff from a long ago (and it was the Hoston 85 bootleg by the way) and actually I have in the car (where I listen most of my music nowadays...) a mp3 cd with all MK solo songs in random, and its been there for a while and it will last a while longer...

I like his solo stuff more, and I guess that because I grow old too. DS music still shakes me when its needed, but MK music makes my day almost everyday. I
So Long

Love Expresso

« Reply #287 on: June 17, 2012, 06:32:11 PM »
I must say that some of the song titles sound really promising: Hot Or What, Gator Blood, Don't Forget Your Hat... I really want to hear them as soon as possible... How long, how long baby, ....

LE

Offlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...
« Reply #288 on: June 18, 2012, 11:45:34 AM »
There are tons of material worth it both from solo or from DS area but to put out unreleased stuff on the market you have to reach an agreement between Mark and Mercury and others right holder parties.

I guess that Mercury if allowed would problably release old DS stuff as this brand is still (very?) bankable but Mark is just interested in putting new stuff out and won't let them do it.

The haters are those who write shit

Two weeks in Australia and Sydney striptease

Offlinetunnel85

• Romeo
« Reply #289 on: June 18, 2012, 05:59:42 PM »
I must say that some of the song titles sound really promising: Hot Or What, Gator Blood, Don't Forget Your Hat... I really want to hear them as soon as possible... How long, how long baby, ....

LE
Agree that it sounds very promising but I don't pay too much attention to that. Live material can be so different and much better.
I must admit that no more than 6 or 7 tracks out of 20 will have a chance to be played live though. Then first shot studio versions has to be good since they could be the only try.  ::)

Reminds me of the Ragpicker's dream.
The most promising titles were without hesitation Marbletown and Coyote and I found them very very disappointing. Probably too much expectation. A few years later, new arrangements, MORE GUITARS, and the promising titles became the greatest ones.  8)

OfflineJules

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #290 on: June 23, 2012, 08:11:45 AM »
Universal Spain released yesterday a note about the new record, with a release date of September 4th...

So it looks like spanish will have to wait a day more.

Not any reference to any box set or anything else.
So Long

Offlineustas

• Lady writer
« Reply #291 on: June 23, 2012, 05:06:29 PM »

Not any reference to any box set or anything else.

UM Denmark confirms the standard (2CD) release only.

Offlinetwm

• Romeo
« Reply #292 on: June 23, 2012, 09:08:58 PM »
Release dates vary by country - or, to be more precise, according to sales territories.

It is not uncommon to have a UK release date on a Monday and the US release date as the Tuesday. Even then, the same album might be released in Germany and Italy on the preceding Friday. Often. it just fits in with (or used to fit in with) how the album charts are compiled - which day are the sales counted to establish the chart listing. A well-timed release might garner large enough sales in a day or two to get into the chart and just getting into the chart, in itself, might gain a few more sales for the album.

Now that all of this is compturised, things are a lot more strict. It used to be less strict. If Monday was the official release date here in the UK, the record shops would often get their delivery on the Saturday (sometimes on the Friday) beforehand. If you knew your record retailer personally and if he knew you bought almost everything by a particular artist, then he would sometimes let you have the album prior to the official release date and put the sale through his sytem on the Monday. You got the record early, he got his sale (you didn't go somewhere else for it) and the record company notched up another contribution towards potential chart success.

OfflineJules

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #293 on: June 24, 2012, 10:21:33 AM »
As I expect that the record would be leaked (as usual) some time before the release, I would wait one day more paciently, but... if its not leaked, I
So Long

Offlineustas

• Lady writer

Offlinegoldenheart96

• Lady writer
« Reply #295 on: June 24, 2012, 08:13:55 PM »

Offlineustas

• Lady writer
« Reply #296 on: June 24, 2012, 09:24:04 PM »
Universal Spain released yesterday a note about the new record, with a release date of September 4th...

Just one note: referring to UM Spain the album featured 96-ers + new drummer Ian Thomas, John McCusker, Mike McGoldrick, Kim Wilson, Tim O'Brien, Ruth Moody, Paul Franklin, Phil Cunningham. If I remember, previously, MKNews had the band information including Chris Botti, but his name was removed from the site  ???
Hm, German amazon has Sept 11 listed as release date...  ???

http://www.amazon.de/Privateering-Mark-Knopfler/dp/B0086449YA/ref=sr_1_1?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1340561517&sr=1-1

It's mentioned as the import (from UK, check ASIN). The release dates for other EU countries and USA are not announced yet, excluding Spain, mentioned above.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 09:27:39 PM by ustas »

Offlineholaknopfler

• Setlist Hero
  • Romeo
« Reply #297 on: June 25, 2012, 03:15:48 PM »
I thought it was nice to share.

If i was a Fender guitar, Fender painted red...

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #298 on: June 25, 2012, 07:28:02 PM »
The electric's sound is nice and warm. Who is this? Respect! Bit of a difficult song to sing for such a young boy though. Guitar player I do like!
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

Offlineholaknopfler

• Setlist Hero
  • Romeo
« Reply #299 on: June 25, 2012, 08:29:50 PM »
It's difficult indeed. I should have played it with capo on the second, but I realised it afterwards. The electric guitar player is Wiebe Hof, great player and one of the nicest people you can think of:)
If i was a Fender guitar, Fender painted red...

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.058 seconds with 40 queries.