Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Summers coming my way  (Read 14421 times)

OfflineVesper

• Lady writer
Re: Summers coming my way
« Reply #30 on: October 16, 2012, 11:45:22 PM »
Thanks for sharing Fieneke!
I really love this interview because Mark looks really trilled by the message of Mary!
Real feelings!
You think he visited her?

Offlinenababo

• Camerado
« Reply #31 on: October 17, 2012, 12:35:41 AM »
Very nice interview! Personal and informative at the same time. Loved Sue Hercobe's mother part and John Illsley's mention. This horizontal/vertical meeting was in John and David's flat, wasn't it?
Love over gold, mind over matter

OfflineFieneke2

• Romeo
« Reply #32 on: October 17, 2012, 09:53:38 PM »
Thanks for sharing Fieneke! I really love this interview because Mark looks really trilled by the message of Mary!
Real feelings! You think he visited her?

You are welcome Klaas!  :lol

I think in his heart he would like to visit her when he is nearby, but that he won't have time for that.
There are so many people that came on his path all these years! .......How often do we have people or
co-workers from the past we like to meet again, but at a certain point we move on and don't take the step
to call or visit them!  ;)

Nababo I don't know the answer, perhaps somebody else!

Fieneke
If you are good to other people, most of them are good to you too!

Offlinenababo

• Camerado
« Reply #33 on: October 17, 2012, 11:06:09 PM »
And by the way, does anybody know what happened with Sue Hercombe? Did I mishear or she died 19 years ago? Is that?
Love over gold, mind over matter

OfflineJF

• Rüdiger
  • Site : Textes, Blog & Rock'N'Roll
    • Blog about music
« Reply #34 on: October 19, 2012, 08:55:43 AM »
Very nice interview! Personal and informative at the same time. Loved Sue Hercobe's mother part and John Illsley's mention. This horizontal/vertical meeting was in John and David's flat, wasn't it?

Yes it's explained in the Oldfield's book

OfflineMusicGirl1

• Local Hero
« Reply #35 on: October 24, 2012, 09:46:39 AM »
Here is the interview of Mark for Norwegian TV in 2002 where they talk about Susan Hercombe. There is also that little piece of the song Chilly Wind which sound beautiful!

Q3bmh-uLKUE

I hope you all like to watch and listen! ;D

Fieneke

Fieneke, what a nice interview. It's actually quite personal. The story about Susan and her mom saying these nice words to Mark was very sweet.
Had to laugh about Mark meeting John Ilsley and John finding Mark asleep on the floor with his guitar lying across him (A story that also is mentioned in the Guitar Stories thing)

The story about Mark teaching Susan how to do finger picking on the guitar was so nice. Made me think, mostly about what I missed out on, when I was learning to play the guitar. I was also in high school and was something like 14 years old. Only....., I was in high school in the early 90's and it was Hip Hop, rap and modern dance music that became more and more popular and so a girl wanting to learn to play the guitar was not considered cool at all. So there certainly weren't any like minded class mates.

LOL! It would have been nice, if back then I could have found myself a class mate to share my musical hobby with. I sure am glad I did stick to playing the guitar and playing with my music school band "No Excuses" is still a lot of fun to do. And..., I will remember Marks words at the end of Guitar Stories about how your guitar can be be a friend all your life and no matter what you should simply stick to it. I'm glad I pulled through, even if others thought playing the guitar was a silly thing to do. LOL! Oh well..., now I can say it's their loss.

Maaike

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.034 seconds with 38 queries.