Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: I'm Floored...  (Read 4412 times)

Offlinevgonis

• Juliet
  • They waited for an hour and then nothing happened
    • greece in dire straits, life in greece
Re: I'm Floored...
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2011, 10:04:59 PM »
Well bring more on board if you can. The more the merrier. And by the way, if you follow MK's tracks (musical-footprints) you will come across many great artists. I heard MK more than  20 years ago, and through him and his collaborations I found out about Eric Clapton, Bob Dylan, Steely Dan, Randy Newman, Gerry Rafferty, and even Tom Verlaine (and others, too many to mention. For more info a very good site dedicated to MK and DS is On every bootleg. Check it out.). Television had just release the single Call Mr. Lee that had a sound reminding me of MK that I just went out to look for their albums. And they have become special ever since.
Come on, it is not funny anymore.

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2011, 11:17:43 PM »
One of my all time favorite bootlegs (and I think I am not the only one who loves it) is the show "Vaison 1996". I think it was a radio recording, great sounding, long show, excellent versions, 16 minutes Sultans, very rare Wild West End and exclusive Long Highway and and and...

From 2010, most of the shows from July (those in Spain and Portugal) were really exciting. Audiences going mad, a band that really was into it and Mark getting better and better...

LE
I think you mean Water of Love, not WWE. ;)

PS Long Highway's rubbish. :o
you ignorant bastard! :-)
one of MY favorites :-)

Brass monkey, welcome here, try these bootlegs (and i would be happy sending them to you, if you do not do torrents)
1978 Leeds, for some raw, pre-successful Dire Straits
Boston 1979
Amsterdam 1979
Werchter 1981
Wiesbaden 1981
Rotterdam 1983
Uniondale 1985 (the show of shows...with a 24min. Tunnel of love on it)
Stockholm and or Brussels 1985
Sydney 1986
Dublin 1991
Kansas 1992
Nimes 1992
Dublin or Galway 1996
Vaison 1996
any Notting Hilbillies, preferably Glasgow 1990, Snape 1990, Leeds 1993, London 1999
2001 Boston, New Orleans
2002 Sheperds Bush and Beaulie
2005 Melbourne
2006 Brussels
2006 Boothbay
2008 Amsterdam
2008 Brussels
2010 Eugene, OR
2010 any london show
etc....
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

OfflineFletch

• Romeo
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2011, 12:30:54 AM »
Wow, you are in a very special place BM. Discovering the whole of MKs career and appreciating it. Nice!
Hey, i`ve got a truffle dog - finally a song the ordinary man can relate too!

OfflineBrass Monkey Date

• Guitar George
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2011, 08:41:28 AM »
Thank you all for the warm welcome!

One of my all time favorite bootlegs (and I think I am not the only one who loves it) is the show "Vaison 1996". I think it was a radio recording, great sounding, long show, excellent versions, 16 minutes Sultans, very rare Wild West End and exclusive Long Highway and and and...

From 2010, most of the shows from July (those in Spain and Portugal) were really exciting. Audiences going mad, a band that really was into it and Mark getting better and better...

LE

Thanks for the great tips LE!

Very happy to see someone from "the other side" found interest in MK, after all those negative comments we've been reading about MK over at ER. Welcome aboard!  :) I certainly envy you - you're still at the beginning with discovering all those beautiful songs!  :)

:lol :lol :lol I hear you goldenheart.  I'd like to think we're all on the same side though - passionate music lovers.  You MK fans are nice people.  Trust me, even if you wanted to, you couldn't approach the scorn and ridicule heaped on Dylan by his own "fans" over at ER.  He's a very polarizing figure and has meant so much to so many people at various stages of his career.  Many Dylan fans see absolutely nothing of value in his current musical offerings - both live and in studio - and they're not the least bit shy about voicing those opinions.

I've only seen Paul Simon once - when he was on a co-headlining tour with Dylan in 1999.  He put on a great show.  I've always liked his music but never been an obsessive fan.

And yes, it's a great feeling to have all of this MK and DS music to experience for the first time.  It's been keeping me up all hours.  An added benefit is that I'm a guitar player and won't just listen - I'll be learning and jamming out a lot of these tunes myself.

Wow, you are in a very special place BM. Discovering the whole of MKs career and appreciating it. Nice!

Indeed, Fletch.  I remember when I first got into Dylan - around 1981 - and had his whole existing catalog to get through.  It can really be life transforming.  I still remember the depression I felt as the number of unheard albums was approaching an end.  Fortunately, technology is such that live recordings are in abundant supply, and Dylan, unlike some others  :-X :lol, changes up his setlist a lot!

« Last Edit: October 23, 2011, 11:17:11 AM by Brass Monkey Date »

OfflineBrass Monkey Date

• Guitar George
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2011, 09:41:47 AM »
Brass monkey, welcome here, try these bootlegs (and i would be happy sending them to you, if you do not do torrents)
1978 Leeds, for some raw, pre-successful Dire Straits
Boston 1979
Amsterdam 1979
Werchter 1981
Wiesbaden 1981
Rotterdam 1983
Uniondale 1985 (the show of shows...with a 24min. Tunnel of love on it)
Stockholm and or Brussels 1985
Sydney 1986
Dublin 1991
Kansas 1992
Nimes 1992
Dublin or Galway 1996
Vaison 1996
any Notting Hilbillies, preferably Glasgow 1990, Snape 1990, Leeds 1993, London 1999
2001 Boston, New Orleans
2002 Sheperds Bush and Beaulie
2005 Melbourne
2006 Brussels
2006 Boothbay
2008 Amsterdam
2008 Brussels
2010 Eugene, OR
2010 any london show
etc....

Wow Pottel what a kind offer!   You're generosity is truly heartwarming!  I definitely do torrents.  If you could just point me in the right direction to find these - if it's allowed to do so on this forum - I'll torrent those shows.  Many thanks, mate!

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2011, 10:23:27 AM »
http://tracker.knopflertk.net/torrents.php
to start, but dime has shedloads as well.
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

Rollergirl

« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2011, 12:37:37 PM »
welcome!  :)

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.042 seconds with 41 queries.