Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Nick Lowe about MK  (Read 4777 times)

OfflineJules

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
Nick Lowe about MK
« on: September 30, 2011, 12:28:59 AM »
( ) In my opinion, people might disagree, but in my opinion RAK Studios is the one I really love, which is Mickie Most's old place. Hit after hit has come out of there, everything from Hot Chocolate to Donovan. You know, it's got a real pop history, and it's a real fantastic studio. The other one is probably Mark Knopfler's studio, but that's eye-wateringly expensive. Even when he does a deal or his people do a deal, I still can't afford to go in there, but he's got all the equipment. He's got the Abbey Road desk. ( )

http://www.nashvillescene.com/nashvillecream/archives/2011/09/29/nick-lowe-the-cream-interview
So Long

Jackal

Re: Nick Lowe about MK
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2011, 02:41:55 AM »
Excellent interview. Thanks for that.

Jackal

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2011, 02:43:38 AM »
Sweet song as well (at the bottom of the interview):

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2011, 10:47:15 AM »
great guy.
but with all this start ups recording in BG, surely there must be a way for Nick to get in as well, right?
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

OfflineFletch

• Romeo
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2011, 11:24:10 AM »
I wonder if Bob Dylan will record anything at BG while he's in town? Perhaps Mark will play a lick or two just like the old days.  8)
Hey, i`ve got a truffle dog - finally a song the ordinary man can relate too!

Offlinevgonis

• Juliet
  • They waited for an hour and then nothing happened
    • greece in dire straits, life in greece
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2011, 05:46:48 PM »
I wonder if Bob Dylan will record anything at BG while he's in town? Perhaps Mark will play a lick or two just like the old days.  8)

I wrote in a post some time ago, half-jokingly, that the artists that MK has helped in the past, occasionally return the favor. Van Morrison, Sting and  Jimmy Nail are the ones that come straight to my mind. I guess Chet Atkins and Bob Dylan was a dream come true, a reward on its own. Steely Dan was an early honor and so on. But I really think that a Bob Dylan guest appearance in an MK album is long overdue. Dylan wrote a song with Kiss's Gene Simmons, so why not with MK. Or maybe the contribution will come as a special second disc from their common live performance.
Come on, it is not funny anymore.

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2011, 08:17:04 PM »
Yes, it would be nice to see some special guests on the new album like on STP.

Reminds me that I saw James Taylor perform at the 9/11 10th anniversary at Ground Zero, NYC.  I didn't recognise the song and it was performed accoustic.  The atmosphere was quite eerie with a quiet applause at the end a little like the Remembrance Day performance at Trafalgar Square.
"...and I blew up the radio in pretty short order."

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2011, 09:08:09 PM »
Nick Lowe is a great guy and my theory is that he is playing on Claim To Fame. :)
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

OfflineJules

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2011, 09:10:49 PM »
Nick Lowe is a great guy and my theory is that he is playing on Claim To Fame. :)

Yes he does, Nick Lowe, Paul Carrack and Bobby Irwin were on what MK called that days his "british band", and they played on "My claim to fame", I read that in some interviews from 1995 more or less, when MK had his british band, his celtic band and his american band. Looks like the british one was the less succesful of the three as nothing made into the Golden Heart CD.
So Long

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2011, 09:12:03 PM »

Yes he does, Nick Lowe, Paul Carrack and Bobby Irwin were on what MK called that days his "british band", and they played on "My claim to fame", I read that in some interviews from 1995 more or less, when MK had his british band, his celtic band and his american band. Looks like the british one was the less succesful of the three as nothing made into the Golden Heart CD.

My theory too, but there's never been any confirmation of what the British band played on...

OfflineJules

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2011, 09:13:50 PM »

My theory too, but there's never been any confirmation of what the British band played on...

In what I read it made reference to the Swan hunter documentary, and that he record a song for it with his british band, and he mentioned Paul Carrack, Nick Lowe and Bobby Irwin. Bad that I cant remember where I read that, but it was said by MK himself.
So Long

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2011, 09:16:29 PM »
It's in the Record Collector interview, 95 I think.

OfflineJules

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2011, 11:10:46 PM »
It's in the Record Collector interview, 95 I think.

I remember that someone (maybe it was yourself, my memory doest serve very well in this cases) sent a link to that interview...

About that periodo of time, I wonder who recorded that Golden demos instrumental tracks, that were recorded for the swan hunter documentary together with My claim to fame (I have that documentary in vhs)
So Long

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.041 seconds with 43 queries.