Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: MFN in T-Mobile Ad  (Read 7553 times)

Offlinegoldenheart96

• Lady writer
Re: MFN in T-Mobile Ad
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2011, 08:58:01 PM »
No, you are not slow, it seems more you might be a little deaf if you don't literally hear the terrific build-up of the aggression of the people pictured in that phantastic intro, until the moment the (bandana-)lady at 1:34 finds the money and looks totally astonished in the very moment the guitar riff starts - that is so greatly done that I can't imagine any other track for this idea. And after all, it's money for nothing, isn't it...  ;)

"Excellent..."

LE

Of course I was half deaf. I was listening to "Tweedledee and Tweedledum" three times in a row before I watched the ad.

;D

Love Expresso

« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2011, 07:32:23 AM »
You are starting to remember Bob's song titles, so there is some hope...

LE

Rollergirl

« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2011, 08:21:14 AM »
Of course I was half deaf. I was listening to "Tweedledee and Tweedledum" three times in a row before I watched the ad.
 ;D

brainwashed....  ;D

OfflinexxFordiexx

• Camerado
  • Knopfler is KING!
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2011, 08:41:55 AM »
On a side note I was watching a tiny bit of XFactor the other day (God awful Programme that I never watch but was on at friends) and they were using MFN during some of the show..... it made the show slightly less painful  8)
Fordie

A long time ago came a man on the track......

Love Expresso

« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2011, 09:19:53 PM »
Please folks, do NOT read those comments on YouTube or you will instantly feel your brain explode... Fifteen sites of people complaining about that it is a cheap copy from the Fine Company or something like that and every second post asking What song is this and then getting the answer it's from Dire Straights.... blimey, I never was so happy to be part of this forum where there are so nice and really intelligent people around obvioulsy... Or I am so old or what, how can you NOT Know Money For Nothing I wonder... Ha Ha, Boom Welcome To Brighton 20 times ha ha ....  :disbelief

Steam off, sorry,

LE

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2011, 12:20:05 PM »
Please folks, do NOT read those comments on YouTube or you will instantly feel your brain explode... Fifteen sites of people complaining about that it is a cheap copy from the Fine Company or something like that and every second post asking What song is this and then getting the answer it's from Dire Straights.... blimey, I never was so happy to be part of this forum where there are so nice and really intelligent people around obvioulsy... Or I am so old or what, how can you NOT Know Money For Nothing I wonder... Ha Ha, Boom Welcome To Brighton 20 times ha ha ....  :disbelief

Steam off, sorry,

LE
Just contend yourself with the fact that the only reason people are asking is because they obviously like the song.  :)
"...and I blew up the radio in pretty short order."

Love Expresso

« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2011, 05:40:35 PM »
Yeah you are right, feel better about it today anyway. It's a fact that this song is a "real" classic, it is 26 years old, and new generations are coming up and discover new stuff... It is the constant repeat of always the same posts that I find so strange. The ad is on my daily "good laugh" list for nearly a week now, I still like it very much.

LE

Jackal

« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2011, 03:39:46 PM »
Where do they show this, on TV? A two-minute commercial? Probably *cheap*.

OfflineBanjo99uk

• Romeo
« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2011, 06:55:33 PM »
i saw it on TV last night, but not in its full form.

Offlinevgonis

• Juliet
  • They waited for an hour and then nothing happened
    • greece in dire straits, life in greece
« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2011, 01:11:37 AM »
A well devised ad. I kind of remember another ad back in the early nineties with So far away as background music, at a Wash and Go product. The only connection I could find between the lyrics and the product, was so obvious that it made me think that we are in Greek and most people won't get it at all, no matter if we a high percentage speaks English. But the aesthetics of the whole commercial, brrrrrrrr, sends shivers down my spine. Needless to say I never washed my hair with that product. On the other hand the ad company's  mission  was successful, since I still remember the product.

And why oh why do they allow songs for ads? And don't tell me it's all about the money. I am willing to accept it from the ones in need of money, only, and yet with some exceptions. I was reading about Pink Floyd having to veto the use of their music, even though Rick Wright once gave the Great gig in the sky for a pain killer pill. He bravely admitted that he did it for money. Surely enough he wouldn't do it just for applause....
Come on, it is not funny anymore.

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.049 seconds with 49 queries.