Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Mark on tour with Bob Dylan???  (Read 93618 times)

OfflineTally

• Camerado
Re: Mark on tour with Bob Dylan???
« Reply #135 on: July 09, 2011, 01:15:23 PM »
This is a wonderful performance of Gonna Change My Way of Thinking, which MK played on back in the day:

Dylan is smiling and almost dancing behind his organ!  :)

OfflineKnut

• Camerado
« Reply #136 on: July 09, 2011, 02:41:52 PM »
I listen to the few songs from Melbourne back in 86 every now and then, if that's what will happen if these guys team up toegther I'm all for it :) Only thing I worry about is how Bob can contribute to MK's songs (the opposite is obvious if you listen to the 86 recordings of MK and BD). I bet the ticket prices will go up a bit, but they don't need 2x of everything, so we won't talk about double expenses... but it's a unique opportunity, so why not pay a little extra?

Their voices have never been the major reason for record sales - or ticket sales for live sbows. Listened to the Dylan clip from 2k9, and it's not THAT bad. Compare with this: and convince me they're miles apart (although Bob's voice IS worse  :lol ).

I also find it funny that BD fans can fall asleep during MK's concerts and vice versa ;D In both cases I bet you can fall asleep if you're not into the music being played, it's been a while since I saw MK do a stage dive... and Bob doesn't even talk to the audience.

OfflineFieneke2

• Romeo
« Reply #137 on: July 09, 2011, 03:41:26 PM »
Tallgren I agree with you about the video, although I would say it is nice! ;)

A long time ago I found videos of Mark and Bob singing Don't Fall Apart On Me Tonight and especial the one I like best, the song License To Kill.

I wanted to share License To Kill, but it seems it is gone from Youtube! I have been searching every where, but can't find it.  :o

Although the video I now posted has a bad quality, I like to share this one with all of you! ;D  It would be great IF they really play together soon, that they could play and sing this and the other song again!  :P

8Pg_TwNjUD4

Fieneke
« Last Edit: July 09, 2011, 03:48:05 PM by Fieneke2 »
If you are good to other people, most of them are good to you too!

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #138 on: July 09, 2011, 06:36:31 PM »
About the Royal Albert Hall, when the Emmylou tour I e-mailed them and they answered me that "Mark Knopfler and Emmylou Harris are not playing here"

Now I did the same and their answer was very different:

Thank you for your enquiry. We have not had this confirmed. Please keep checking his official website for more up to date information. You can also join our mailing for news of our up coming shows.

What do you read between the line? I read that they were contacted, the book is prebooked and waiting for the final OK.

I posted that the RAH was available these days:

In october, days availables: 10, 12, 24, 27
In november: 10, 11, 15, 23, 24, 27, 28, 29
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

OfflineSilvertown

• Lady writer
« Reply #139 on: July 09, 2011, 06:48:45 PM »
About the Royal Albert Hall, when the Emmylou tour I e-mailed them and they answered me that "Mark Knopfler and Emmylou Harris are not playing here"

Now I did the same and their answer was very different:

Private investigations :)

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #140 on: July 09, 2011, 09:38:46 PM »
Dylan doesn't usually play the RAH does he? I have a hunch this will be a Dylan organised thing rather than PCM. I expect they will be at the 02 or Wembley Arena.
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #141 on: July 09, 2011, 09:53:34 PM »
Dylan doesn't usually play the RAH does he? I have a hunch this will be a Dylan organised thing rather than PCM. I expect they will be at the 02 or Wembley Arena.

But if MK is involved, I

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #142 on: July 10, 2011, 12:18:59 AM »
I was reading Bob Dylan

Offlineshooting_star_night

• Camerado
« Reply #143 on: July 11, 2011, 04:27:57 AM »
Do you think MK will play songs from its new/future album?

And what about the MK tour in 2012 after the album release?

Oh you know he will; possibly 2 or 3 :)

and of course he will tour in 2012; 2012 is going to be a big year for all of our favourite artists.

Mark will tour heavy for the new album in 2012.

• Camerado
« Reply #144 on: July 11, 2011, 04:34:09 AM »
I am sure now because Guy didn't answer my querie. I am really excited, and like Joanzimm, I also agree that it is great to see him so productive. I am also sure that this only will be a "baby tour" for him and that he will tour next year again with his own new release. That's what makes it so great to be a MK fan these days!

I am almost sure that he will play one or two of his new songs in his set when touring with BD... Maybe the whole new album is a hommage to Dylan (lots of Martin guitars) and maybe they will film or record some stuff and put it into the later bonus stuff of the new album...

Only bad thing about it is that next year we will have the end of the world, so it's only a few months to enjoy the new stuff and the next Simfy Live recordings.. ;D

LE

:lol

• Camerado
« Reply #145 on: July 11, 2011, 05:49:58 AM »
I wouldn't call him rude. I saw him only two times and both times his behaviour was the same: You could call it shy. One has to know that he doesn't speak to the audience, period. He never did. When he says something at the end of the show, it is sensational and will end up on YouTube. He never smiles and hardly interacts with his band. On my first show the first thing he did was spitting right in front of the audience, it was Open Air and there was some green between him and the audience, and I thought, wow, what a good thing to start a show with. He never took off his sunglaces and ... did a pretty good rocking show! The set was great, the band was tight and the audience was really screaming.
Then, a few years later in Bremen inside the Stadthalle, the show was also good, loud, but good. His band is great. After 15 minutes of taking scary looks at the Boss his guitar player suddenly adressed a relieved smile to the drummer, you could see what he was thinking, Hey, he is in a good mood tonight...

So do not expect a warm, friendly man on stage that shares some good feelings with you. He is just doing what he does for the last five decades.. I personally think he is addicted to it and has no idea what to do instead. Somebody should have said to him that his voice is really impertinent and could not possibly be called a singing voice.

Al that said, to see Mark together with Bob Dylan, his great idol, on stage, is worth the effort. This will be historical in the sense of remarkable things in MK' career, in whatever way you see it, and I want to witness it. Honestly said, I cannot see how Mark with his high standards will be able to put a show up together with Bob Dylan, with this sound, this racket sometimes, and this voice. The only way I can imagine would be both seated with acoustics. But then again, Dylan doesn't play the guitar anymore.

LE

Nice Post :)

• Camerado
« Reply #146 on: July 11, 2011, 06:14:44 AM »
I never understood falling asleep/being bored during someone's opening set. All you have to do is sit through it or go get a drink if you're so inclined.

But don't bash them; I remember the Mellencamp Tours with Bob (yes, once again John turns up; he's everywhere  :lol ) everyone had something to say about the poor guy. Just wait for awhile and enjoy the set as it is a famous singer in any case.

and if your man plays first you can find the exit doors after their set.

I see this as possibly a rotating night tour: each artist opening/closing alternative nights ala the 1999 Bob Dylan/Paul Simon tour.

Also, Mark just touring with Bob as a member of his band is rubbish. He would never do this; no matter how much respect he has for someone.

Also, it is highly unlikely they will share the stage on songs. Bob & Elvis Costello 2007 was just a whim. Both love each other immensley and they were having fun on this tour.

and as I stated above; Mark will debut some songs from the new album; just to test the waters on them.

Yet, if they do share the stage; here's hoping for Infidels songs and some old Folk Ballads which Bob is keen to and (he) enjoys Mark singing :)

Jackal

« Reply #147 on: July 11, 2011, 07:37:09 AM »
That "Don't fall apart on me tonight" clip is really great.

Love Expresso

« Reply #148 on: July 11, 2011, 07:51:02 AM »
Hey, I've seen a shooting star tonight!  8)

Welcome here at our little nice place!

LE
« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 07:54:37 AM by Love Expresso »

• Camerado
« Reply #149 on: July 11, 2011, 08:08:05 AM »
Hey, I've seen a shooting star tonight!  8)

Welcome here at our little nice place!

LE

Thank you LE :)

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.053 seconds with 42 queries.