Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Roger Waters - Paris 30.06.2011  (Read 1596 times)

Offlineherlock

• Juliet
Roger Waters - Paris 30.06.2011
« on: July 01, 2011, 10:17:22 PM »
Hi all,
I attended yesterday' concert at Bercy, and I just want to share with you how moved I was to see so many people, from 7 to 77 years old, 30 years later, attend one of Rock & roll's best masterpieces.
Roger, 68, was at the top  - as energetic as he always was.
The show was top notch and 2011 special effects gave the Wall the justice it could not get 30 years ago. Roger did not hesitate to incorporate modern political events, with Iraq war for instance. He probably made billions of enemies: Shell, McDonald's, Christians, Muslims, Jews, Communists, Capitalists... :)
One moving moment was "Mother", were Roger sang in duo with his one self of 1980 in Earl's Court. "At the risk of being narcissistic" he said. Narcissistic, Roger ? Don't worry, who would ever think that of you  ? ;)
Of course, as usual I was overdoing it, frantically singing and mimicking the lyrics. But that's why we love Roger - he is unperfect, therefore authentic.
Only regret, the sound was top class but too close to the album: The 1990 Berlin show was expanding the songs with great solo (Hey you, Nobody Home...) and sometimes was a bit too much (Cindy Lauper and Van Morrisson come to my mind); here, the opposite excess: everything is "pure", conform to the album, unexpanded. Does it remind you of somebody ? Yes ! Mark these days!
Coming to this, I really that Mark and Roger are the greatest songwriters alive, and should work together. Do you know what kind of relationship thy have and what kind of opinion they have of each other

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.036 seconds with 38 queries.