Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: DIAAAAAAAAARY  (Read 38209 times)

OfflineDutchessy

• Founder
  • Brother in Arms
Re: DIAAAAAAAAARY
« Reply #135 on: July 22, 2011, 09:21:03 AM »
I think this is a new text from Guy:

It's true, we're going on the road again....with Bob. I'm afraid the secrecy has been necessary over the past few weeks as dates and details for this tour have been subject to many changes right up until the last minute.

We are all looking forward to the opportunity to play live with Mark once again, especially in light of the new recent changes in the line-up. It goes without saying that we all miss Danny and Matt as both contributed greatly to the music both live and recorded and we shared many laughs together, but we now look forward to welcoming Ian into the band and the return of Jim. As I'm sure you are aware we are right in the midst of recording Mark's new album but Mark felt that an opportunity such as this was too good to miss and I'm sure the album, which is progressing very nicely, won't be delayed too long. You will understand that I cannot give more detail about its release than that for now, but Mark and his management are continually looking at this and juggling dates etc.
Proud member of the AMIT crew

Love Expresso

« Reply #136 on: July 22, 2011, 10:57:13 AM »
No it isn't. It's there from the beginning of Guy revealing the big news! But it's a good read, so it's good
to bring it up here!   ;)

LE

OfflineJules

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #137 on: July 22, 2011, 11:54:59 AM »

( )

btw Nice post, but I don't know why Guy misunderstood the post from Julio!   ???

Thanks Superval99, english is not my language and I try to do my best learning from all of you, reading all your post, watching movies and tv series in english, reading books etc etc and sometimes its very frustrating when you try to say something and you discover its not understood. If you understood what I mean, but Guy don
So Long

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #138 on: July 22, 2011, 12:20:26 PM »

( )

btw Nice post, but I don't know why Guy misunderstood the post from Julio!   ???

Thanks Superval99, english is not my language and I try to do my best learning from all of you, reading all your post, watching movies and tv series in english, reading books etc etc and sometimes its very frustrating when you try to say something and you discover its not understood. If you understood what I mean, but Guy don
Goin' into Tow Law....

OfflineJules

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #139 on: July 22, 2011, 01:23:20 PM »

( )

So Long

OfflineFieneke2

• Romeo
« Reply #140 on: July 22, 2011, 02:50:39 PM »

( )

If you are good to other people, most of them are good to you too!

Love Expresso

« Reply #141 on: July 22, 2011, 07:29:41 PM »
Hey Dutchessy, after your post from today it seems Guy has now indeed updated the page:

In response to the many questions on this subject - We don't know yet if Mark and Bob will perform TOGETHER, it all depends on Bob I suppose. At the moment, it's MK and band, then a changeover and then Bob and his band, we'll just have to see how it all goes. Stay tuned to the diarioes for info on this once we get rolling...

So who knows, maybe our constant questions and postings have made them think... No, not really, but even if this is not a very great news at all at the moment, it seems they are still busy working out the details and have not worked out everything for a long time yet.

However, in his own forum, where it's less "official", he has added "I'm sure something will happen where the two shall meet."

So we should be optimistic, at least Guy is!

LE
« Last Edit: July 22, 2011, 07:32:51 PM by Love Expresso »

Offlineqjamesfloyd

• Romeo
« Reply #142 on: July 23, 2011, 04:34:09 PM »
I can't believe that Bob would invite Mark onto a co headline tour with him, unless they were going to play something together, I mean Mark can put on his own world tour at any time should he wish, so he doesn't need Bob's promotion,  so that lead's me to think they will be playing on stage together.
Knopfler, Oldfield and Gilmour is all the guitar I need.

OfflineMK4ever

• Guitar George
« Reply #143 on: July 23, 2011, 09:48:01 PM »
I can't believe that Bob would invite Mark onto a co headline tour with him, unless they were going to play something together, I mean Mark can put on his own world tour at any time should he wish, so he doesn't need Bob's promotion,  so that lead's me to think they will be playing on stage together.

I totally agree with you, it makes no sense if they won't do a couple of songs together.. 8)

Offlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...
« Reply #144 on: July 23, 2011, 10:56:37 PM »

I totally agree with you, it makes no sense if they won't do a couple of songs together.. 8)

Although I would not be surprised to see Mark join Bob on stage, I wouldn't be surprise that Mark didn't join him onstage either.

Maybe that Bob is just a big fan of Mark and that way he can attend some MK show without interrupting his own tour. Only Bob knows the reason he do that.
The haters are those who write shit

Two weeks in Australia and Sydney striptease

Offlinegoldenheart96

• Lady writer
« Reply #145 on: July 24, 2011, 01:04:53 AM »
He is the legend, the MAN. He doesn't need to invite MK to join him onstage if he doesn't want to. Because he is Bob Dylan. And everyone will accept that. Except for me, I think he is just a weirdo  ::)

OfflineDutchessy

• Founder
  • Brother in Arms
« Reply #146 on: July 24, 2011, 03:17:15 AM »
Nice to read every update :)
Proud member of the AMIT crew

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #147 on: July 24, 2011, 12:16:25 PM »
He is the legend, the MAN. He doesn't need to invite MK to join him onstage if he doesn't want to. Because he is Bob Dylan. And everyone will accept that. Except for me, I think he is just a weirdo  ::)

Artistic temperament! :lol
"...and I blew up the radio in pretty short order."

OfflineJules

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #148 on: July 24, 2011, 12:24:27 PM »
I
So Long

Offlinegoldenheart96

• Lady writer
« Reply #149 on: July 24, 2011, 12:27:16 PM »

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.05 seconds with 43 queries.