Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: DIAAAAAAAAARY  (Read 38227 times)

OfflineJules

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
Re: DIAAAAAAAAARY
« Reply #75 on: July 06, 2011, 01:17:21 PM »
Record with another artist - you mean recording another artist for his own album or playing on someone else's record?

What kind of big news that require a big anouncement will be if it just that someone is going to record in MK new cd?

;D
So Long

OfflineJarle

• Lady writer
« Reply #76 on: July 06, 2011, 01:18:48 PM »
I have been reading Guys forum and usually there is an amazing amount of spin put of things and events that are reported as being big usually turn out to be damp squibs....

I had thought the same for a while - Guy "bigging" things up - however - when i read the comment "official annoucement" i thought that maybe it was actually substantial news..

One question - how do we know this isnt DS related? Had Guy said as much in his posts?  I dont recall any comment saying this isnt DS related...?

I hate to say this.....but i think it could be a DS charity reunion.....like Shepherds Bush....'92....

He said this on June 30th: I can assure you that there won't be a DS reunion. Why on earth would anyone think that given this line-up? The exact reason for the delay will soon be apparent.
It's the end of a perfect day..,.

Offlineschmonka

• Camerado
« Reply #77 on: July 06, 2011, 01:27:35 PM »
I have been reading Guys forum and usually there is an amazing amount of spin put of things and events that are reported as being big usually turn out to be damp squibs....

I had thought the same for a while - Guy "bigging" things up - however - when i read the comment "official annoucement" i thought that maybe it was actually substantial news..

One question - how do we know this isnt DS related? Had Guy said as much in his posts?  I dont recall any comment saying this isnt DS related...?

I hate to say this.....but i think it could be a DS charity reunion.....like Shepherds Bush....'92....

He said this on June 30th: I can assure you that there won't be a DS reunion. Why on earth would anyone think that given this line-up? The exact reason for the delay will soon be apparent.

Cheers Jarle.....well thats clears that up - ok - plan B - im going to go for an interesting special guest on the album!
« Last Edit: July 06, 2011, 01:57:28 PM by schmonka »
Michael Mcintyre - 2009 - Newport - "Ruff as Fuck"

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #78 on: July 06, 2011, 01:34:19 PM »
Still, it's been great fun speculating.......next, after digesting the big news, comes the post-mortem!    ;D
Goin' into Tow Law....

OfflineJules

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #79 on: July 06, 2011, 01:36:53 PM »
We can create another poll "How do you feel after the big news had been revealed?"

Options:
- Comfortably numb
- Twisting by the pool
- Money for nothing
So Long

Offlineborder_reiver

• Founder
  • Romeo
  • "I've been down in Louisiana playing on his album"
« Reply #80 on: July 06, 2011, 03:53:11 PM »
I'm gonna be the first one to call it...

This will be MK's last album ever, carrying loads of prominent guests. Hence the ongoing delay.

Just a terrible gut feeling... so don't flame if I'm incorrect  ;D
"My idea of heaven is a place where the Tyne meets the Delta, where folk music meets the blues."

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #81 on: July 06, 2011, 04:26:05 PM »
I'm gonna be the first one to call it...

This will be MK's last album ever, carrying loads of prominent guests. Hence the ongoing delay.

Just a terrible gut feeling... so don't flame if I'm incorrect  ;D

So, you didn't watch "A Life in Songs"?
Goin' into Tow Law....

OfflineMillionaire Blues

• Camerado
« Reply #82 on: July 06, 2011, 07:26:32 PM »
AM gonna stick my neck out here and say that the big news is something to do with MK writing music for the olympics!!!!!

X

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #83 on: July 06, 2011, 07:57:37 PM »
I had a similar thought about the Queen's Diamond Jubilee, which will be celebrated the first week of June - the same week MK would have been at the RAH, if he was touring.   Maybe he's doing something for that.   A long shot, I know!   ;)
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
Goin' into Tow Law....

Love Expresso

« Reply #85 on: July 06, 2011, 09:10:26 PM »
OK that would be exciting. However, i can't see why I tour in autumn should not allow to mix the album in the summer? Rehearsals, that long? Has Bob Dylan ever done any rehearsal??

LE

Offlineqjamesfloyd

• Romeo
« Reply #86 on: July 06, 2011, 09:36:17 PM »
On Dylan's official site, it has his current tour dates upto and including 20th August, and that is all in the US, so I'm not really thinking that a Dylan tour would be happening.
Knopfler, Oldfield and Gilmour is all the guitar I need.

Offlinegoldenheart96

• Lady writer
« Reply #87 on: July 06, 2011, 09:39:58 PM »
Oh please, a tour with Dylan? You've got to be effin' kidding me! Better invest your time in something new and fresh, dear MK!
Dylan aversion aside: I don't really see why MK should be interested in some nostalgia tour with Dylan... That's just boring.

Jackal

« Reply #88 on: July 06, 2011, 09:55:35 PM »
I want him to play geetar with Ry Cooder, the latter who incidentally is releasing a new album in August:

http://www.amarkintime.org/forum/index.php/topic,1888.0.html

Love Expresso

« Reply #89 on: July 06, 2011, 10:06:02 PM »
I was thinking about this topic seriously but couldn't help: Anything else but a pure MK solo album would be a disappointment somehow. I indeed had some
kind of "day dream" during lunch break the other day and that was that indeed only one other artist would be worthy to do a duet with MK: Bob Dylan! (huuu huuuu). I faithfully hope that there will be no David Gilmour, no David Knopfler, no Eric Clapton and no J.J. Cale! They only would absorb each other! (well, at least three of them...  ;D)

ok, I will dream on...!  ::)

LE

Was it really me writing this stuff this morning??? I should give more about my dreams - in case I can remember them...

LE

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.047 seconds with 45 queries.