Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: DIAAAAAAAAARY  (Read 38223 times)

Offlineknopflerized

• Romeo
  • I might Get Lucky ...
    • Mark In Summer Long Ago
Re: DIAAAAAAAAARY
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2011, 01:20:01 PM »

Where is Charlie?

Jackal

« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2011, 03:11:31 PM »
IT'S HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOHOOOOOO!

OfflineBarzofarhyme

• Camerado
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2011, 03:17:53 PM »
Diary now updated. Jim Cox one of the original '96ers def'ly on the album. Also the brilliant Paul Franklin due in the studio later this week :)
All i do is kiss you, through the bars of a rhyme

Offlineingridswing

• Founder
  • Rüdiger
« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2011, 03:59:24 PM »
Happy to see Paul Franklin appearing again! This was a big wish from me.
But also disappointed not to see Danny  :'(

Offlinejoanzimm

• Camerado
« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2011, 08:49:33 PM »
The diary was worth the wait for me.  Great pictures, and MK looks adorable, as usual. :P
It's hard sometimes but pretty much it's alright

Love Expresso

« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2011, 09:20:01 PM »
I had to look twice if he really is the guy in the background that is looking rather... sceptical?  :lol

I think the return of Paul Franklin is really a big surprise. His last appearance was on "Shangri-La", wasn't it? That's seven years now... I always liked his
contributions. It is right to say that there is not a single line about Matt's leave. I think he deserves some nice words for what he added to Mark's music during the last albums/tours...

The average age in the band has increased now rapidly with Jim and Phil, hasn't it.

I might add that Matt already was somehow "invisible" during the last tour's diaries, he is the only band member that has not been interviewed for the "Life In Songs documentary". Maybe he has other plans for the future, or has troubles now with touring... It has not automatically be MK's decision if somebody
is not in his band anymore...

LE

OfflinexxFordiexx

• Camerado
  • Knopfler is KING!
« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2011, 10:33:42 PM »
Hi all,

I'm massively excited for the return of Jim Cox and Paul Franklin. The thought of some awesome pedal steel is rather tantalising in particular. With regard to Danny not being there, it's a shame but a part of me is looking forward to the new drummer. If this drummer ends up on the tour I will get extremely excited of new drum rhythms on songs. Wow I can't bloody wait now.
Fordie

A long time ago came a man on the track......

Offlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...
« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2011, 11:28:12 PM »
Ok ok.

Maybe that Mark accustomed us with no big  line up change these past years but is it usual that once a project is over for the next one (partly) a new set of musician can be hired without a word about the one that did not made it that time. That's life.

The haters are those who write shit

Two weeks in Australia and Sydney striptease

Jackal

« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2011, 05:07:05 AM »
All the guys are experienced professionals, and, especially the session musicians, know that the owner of a project is under no obligation to hire them again. Even that the tone is fun and and family-like during recording and tours, I'm sure they all keep that in the back of their heads. I think even Guy thinks like this, that involvement in a project of Mark's is not to be taken for granted. Although Guy is a bit of a special case.

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2011, 12:45:56 PM »
For me the personnel isn't hugely important - MK has made fantastic records throughout his career with dozens of different musicians.

For me it's all about the songs. If MK has good songs, the album will be good.

The songs on KTGC were sub-par in my opinion. ATRR had a few ropey tracks too, but generally MK's songs are first class, let's hope he has another good batch this time.

All that said, nice to see the return of the great Paul Franklin. And MK still looking cool in his Martin shirt, need to get one of those. :)
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #25 on: June 29, 2011, 01:07:13 PM »
I had to look twice if he really is the guy in the background that is looking rather... sceptical?  :lol

I think the return of Paul Franklin is really a big surprise. His last appearance was on "Shangri-La", wasn't it? That's seven years now... I always liked his
contributions. It is right to say that there is not a single line about Matt's leave. I think he deserves some nice words for what he added to Mark's music during the last albums/tours...

The average age in the band has increased now rapidly with Jim and Phil, hasn't it.

I might add that Matt already was somehow "invisible" during the last tour's diaries, he is the only band member that has not been interviewed for the "Life In Songs documentary". Maybe he has other plans for the future, or has troubles now with touring... It has not automatically be MK's decision if somebody
is not in his band anymore...

LE

The average age sure has increased;  Jim Cox played on Blind Blakes' first album!

Guy said of poor Matt that he was only Jim's stand-in!  Well he was certainly with us for a lot longer than Jim was and deserves a bit more respect than that.  It seems that the current member is the best member in Guy's world.  Danny was the best drummer ever not so long ago but what's Guy saying now?
"...and I blew up the radio in pretty short order."

Offlineollyz

• Guitar George
« Reply #26 on: June 29, 2011, 01:53:59 PM »
Not sure why some people here are so disapointed that some former members of the band are now not involved in the new sessions.
I see it like it is. These musicians are professionel musicians, they get hired if they are needed from Mr. Knopfler or not.
It depends on what Mr. Knopfler or whoelse finds what it takes to fit and match the sound for the new album.
That is totally different from a personel "i like him and i like him not" view.

Btw. i like what i read about the new album.
Hopefully Mr. Knopfler is wise enough to not overproduce the album as get lucky was in some aspects.
I love to hear a more natural, raw album with some different sounding songs.

Olly

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #27 on: June 29, 2011, 02:20:12 PM »
Not sure why some people here are so disapointed that some former members of the band are now not involved in the new sessions.
I see it like it is. These musicians are professionel musicians, they get hired if they are needed from Mr. Knopfler or not.
It depends on what Mr. Knopfler or whoelse finds what it takes to fit and match the sound for the new album.
That is totally different from a personel "i like him and i like him not" view.

Btw. i like what i read about the new album.
Hopefully Mr. Knopfler is wise enough to not overproduce the album as get lucky was in some aspects.
I love to hear a more natural, raw album with some different sounding songs.

Olly

Forgive me if I sounded negative in my post.  I am of course going to miss the usual gang if they don't tour but on the album they almost definately will be doing as told anyway and I doubt if we'll even notice the difference.  The only difference we'll notice on this album will be the return of Paul Franklin.  Wouldn't it be great if he toured again!
"...and I blew up the radio in pretty short order."

OfflineKay Edvin

• Camerado
  • MK - my hero!
    • MK Norge (Norwegian MK Fanclub)
« Reply #28 on: June 29, 2011, 07:16:19 PM »
 :D Paul Franklin!!! YES!!! This is fantastic!!

I hope he will join on the tour!! MAGIC!!
"The way he sings and plays guitar still bring me to tears"

OfflineJules

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #29 on: June 29, 2011, 07:34:28 PM »
Hmm, Paul played in every MK record (except KTGC and GL) and he didnt tour with MK, being Guy the one who played some small steel guitar parts...
So Long

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.044 seconds with 45 queries.