Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: On Every Bootleg: New List of Mark's guitars  (Read 4015 times)

Love Expresso

On Every Bootleg: New List of Mark's guitars
« on: September 26, 2010, 12:49:24 PM »
Hi,

just found that Jeroen has a new feature on his site "On Every Bootleg": He has a nice list of all (96 so far?) guitars that Mark used over the years.
I know there are some other homepages having similar lists, but this one seems very complete and informative. There are a lot of nice pictures. Of course some infos are missing - JvT asks for any information available. I think it is very impressive how many guitars Mark has used over the last three decades - lots of them are from the 1950's and 60's, so real vintage stuff. Probably nothing new for "gearheads" around here like Dusty or Ingo  ;), but maybe  other members will enjoy!

LE

Onlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
Re: On Every Bootleg: New List of Mark's guitars
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2010, 02:34:06 PM »
Yeah, he's done a nice job. A few errors here and there but nothing too serious.

I think the picture of MK with the Gretsch 6120 is one that I took in Dublin, 2006. :)
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

Offlineallen

• A Mark in Time
  • Founder
  • Romeo
  • La KnopflerTK
    • A Mark in Time
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2010, 03:23:26 PM »
And I think Ingo has more powerful words on this.  Don't miss his first old MK guitar page:  http://ds.mk-guitar.com/guitars.htm

Wishes
Allen
My idea of heaven is a place where the Tyne meets the Delta, where folk music meets the blues.

Offlineholaknopfler

• Setlist Hero
  • Romeo
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2010, 03:26:09 PM »
Nice compilation of guitars, indeed nothing new, but still nice that someone spends time on this! Great work!
If i was a Fender guitar, Fender painted red...

Offlineustas

• Lady writer
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2010, 05:29:54 PM »
http://www.mark-knopfler.info/guitars.htm

Danelectro 59-DC Standard, Lima Black

The guitar is a first reissue of Danelectro Shorthorn introduced in 1959. All 59-DC guitars were sold between 1998 and 2001. The guitar has two pickups and has the "Coke Bottle Style" classic headstock, hollowed body cavity, and a seal shaped pick guard with two double stacked concentric knobs.

The guitar was used on Donegan's Gone and Right Now.

http://www.oneverybootleg.nl/

This guitar is a first reissue of Danelectro Shorthorn introduced in 1959. All 59-DC guitars were sold between 1998 and 2001.

On stage, Mark used it to play Donegan's gone and Right now

1968 Danelectro Silvertone 1452, Red Sunburst

It is the originlal Silvertone 1452 model made by Danelectro's Coral division in NJ. This solidbody electric guitar with two pick-ups was introduced in 1966 and retired in 1968.

The guitar was used on Boom Like That, Don't Crash the Ambulance, Stand Up Guy in 2004.

This is the original Silvertone 1452 model, introduced in 1966 and retired in 1968.

Mark used this in the studio for Boom, like that (Shangri-La 2004), Stand up guy (Shangri-La 2004), Don't crash the ambulance (Shangri-La 2004). On the Shangri-La tour in 2005, he used it on stage to play Boom, like that.

Don Grosh Electrajet, Olympic White

Don Grosh has been producing guitars since 1993. Don builds a limited number of guitars each year and the Electrajet series launched in 2008.

It is custom guitar and there is not any information. A basic model features 25.5" scale, 6100 frets, Lindy Fralin p-90 pick-ups, alder body and maple neck. The color sheme of body and pickguard reminds Mark's favorite Pensa-Suhr White assembled by John Suhr in 1985.

Mark used this guitar on Piper To The End (2009). This rare photo of Mark's Electrajet was made by Guy Fletcher during the Get Lucky record session in 2009*.

Don Grosh has been producing guitars since 1993. The Electrajet series was launched in 2008. It's a custom built guitar.

Mark used this guitar on Piper to the end during the Get lucky tour in 2010.

e.t.c.

Onlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2010, 06:41:21 PM »
Sorry ustas, don't see what you are saying?

Seem to recall the Silvertone 1452 was also used on Rolling On.
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

Offlineustas

• Lady writer
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2010, 06:45:17 PM »
Sorry ustas, don't see what you are saying?

Seem to recall the Silvertone 1452 was also used on Rolling On.

I'm saying: COPY-PAST without link (s) to source.

For example I used the some Ingo's material to make the guitars section and I linked to his new weblog.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2010, 06:48:17 PM by ustas »

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.03 seconds with 40 queries.