Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Live recordings to be made available via Simfy! Official from Paul Crockford  (Read 170775 times)

OfflineSimon

• Camerado
Re: Live recordings to be made available via Simfy! Official from Paul Crockford
« Reply #345 on: September 01, 2010, 07:21:21 PM »
I see the difference after analyzing the files with codecinstaller (freeware). On all the simfy mp3's no LAME encoding is detected whereas for all my own mp3-files LAME encoding is indicated. I'm not sure but probably this fact can be helpful.

I'm quite sure there is no copy protection on the simfy files. I've copied the files 1:1 ( without any conversion ) to two different mp3-players and all worked perfect. Simon's car mp3-player can't work with the original simfy mp3 format, but should do it IMHO after Simon converts the files the same way as he has done in the past with all his other mp3's, which were working well in the car ... at least I hope so. ;)

@Simon: what is the name of your car stereo system ?

The system is one of Audi's own branded I think. It is 3 years old which may be the problem - I will use the wav files to generate new MP3s - that should work. Thanks for all the interesting comments though.

Offlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...
Re: Live recordings to be made available via Simfy! Official from Paul Crockford
« Reply #346 on: September 01, 2010, 08:03:42 PM »
Still four more shows to be uploaded, it looks like next two will be Brighton and Bournemouth. I
The haters are those who write shit

Two weeks in Australia and Sydney striptease

OfflineSimon

• Camerado
« Reply #347 on: September 01, 2010, 11:26:57 PM »
Using the wav files to generate new MP3s didn't work either. Eventually I burned the wavs to CD - then ripped the audio from the CD - converted it to MP3 and as if by magic! :-) Very strange way to go about it though.

OfflineTxuri-urdin

• Guitar George
« Reply #348 on: September 02, 2010, 11:30:45 AM »
Uff! As you said, it

OfflineSimon

• Camerado
« Reply #349 on: September 02, 2010, 07:12:00 PM »
The files are not in a folder on the SD card and I use a different programme to rip and burn as i do to convert. But it is something I have done for a long time without problems then all of a sudden! :-)

OfflineJules

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #350 on: September 04, 2010, 03:10:01 PM »
Carsten, from Simfy, has confirmed me that the 4 remaining shows previous to London will be uploaded soon, and that will be all, so no 2008 concerts nor the remaining shows from the RAH.

No answer from Ulf yet  ;D
So Long

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #351 on: September 04, 2010, 03:57:25 PM »
Thanks for the info!   :)
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlineemilianomk

• Camerado
« Reply #352 on: September 04, 2010, 08:11:23 PM »
Carsten, from Simfy, has confirmed me that the 4 remaining shows previous to London will be uploaded soon, and that will be all, so no 2008 concerts nor the remaining shows from the RAH.

No answer from Ulf yet  ;D

Bad news, I really want those 2008 Recs

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #353 on: September 06, 2010, 11:46:37 AM »
The good news is though that we can assume by the fact that they have gone back to do these older shows that the Simfy experiment has been a success. If sales had been poor they wouldn't have released Glasgow, so hopefully we will get these again on the next tour... if there is one. ;)
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

Love Expresso

« Reply #354 on: September 06, 2010, 12:01:45 PM »
The fact that so many live shows have been released (EDITED) could be a signal indeed for lesser live output in the next few years... I don't want to be negative, but I had that feeling earlier... Maybe Mark has fulfilled a contract and reached the number of records so that he is approaching things slower
the next years... However, it is great to have access to nearly 50 live shows, who would have thought this when the tour was announced...

LE
« Last Edit: September 06, 2010, 12:40:14 PM by Love Expresso »

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #355 on: September 06, 2010, 12:11:06 PM »
The fact that so many live shows have been taken out could be a signal indeed for lesser live output in the next few years... I don't want to be negative, but I had that feeling earlier... Maybe Mark has fulfilled a contract and reached the number of records so that he is approaching things slower
the next years... However, it is great to have access to nearly 50 live shows, who would have thought this when the tour was announced...

LE

What live shows have been taken out? Don't know what you mean.

Love Expresso

« Reply #356 on: September 06, 2010, 12:20:46 PM »
Sorry, little mistake in my amateurish english speaking - changed it, now it is "released"   ....  ::)

LE

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #357 on: September 06, 2010, 12:25:04 PM »
Don't see how you reach that conclusion.

Love Expresso

« Reply #358 on: September 06, 2010, 12:38:16 PM »
It is just that the artist who was known for let's say "defensive" release politics suddenly comes clean with a lot of live stuff. Together with Guy Fletcher's somewhat "sad" last lines in the diary it might be possible that Mark takes a longer break this time. Of course it is just guessing.

I was thinking that everybody now is able to see how many "greenies" and little mistakes Mark produces during these shows. I did not find a single version of Sultans without mistakes for example. His perfection in former times is gone it seems. The band is really playing great and professional and has huge stake in the high quality of the Get Lucky Tour 2010.

LE
« Last Edit: September 06, 2010, 12:51:25 PM by Love Expresso »

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #359 on: September 06, 2010, 12:43:54 PM »

I did not find a single version of Sultans without mistakes for example. His perfection in former times  is gone it seems.

Have you listened to all 48 recordings?   I am happy with most of my seven recordings and the Manchester concert is superb.
Goin' into Tow Law....

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.086 seconds with 45 queries.