Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Live recordings to be made available via Simfy! Official from Paul Crockford  (Read 170797 times)

Offlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...
all UK sohws will be released, they are mixing the earlier ones now. RAH demands 5000 pounds fee per night for the remaining RAH shows. so that is still under discussion.
they will also record all the shows, until the end of the tour, coz earlier it was mentioned they would only remain onboard until the end of june.
and a little birdie mentioned there will be at least one show that will be filmed, in switzerland, all i can say is "...smoooooke on the waaaaaater.....a fire in the skyeee"
Pottel - may I ask what your source is for these terrific breaking news ? or at least, if you consider this source 100% reliable ?
Thanks
based on many assumptions and some little birdie.
(montreux is ALWAYS taped and filmed by the festival owner)

Can I add "even if they are denied right to broadcast (as for a Clapton 9x show who only allowed 1 song)" as Claude Nobs did literally spend numerous hours of efforts and money to track and save historic recordings from the early festivals that were promised to destruction.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2010, 12:56:25 AM by ds1984 »
The haters are those who write shit

Two weeks in Australia and Sydney striptease

OfflineJules

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
Pottel, there is any special reason why the reamining european dates are not anounced to pre-order in the site if they already know they are going to be until the end of the tour?
So Long

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
no idea.
i don't worry though.. ;)
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

Offlineallen

• A Mark in Time
  • Founder
  • Romeo
  • La KnopflerTK
    • A Mark in Time
Pottel, congratulations!  You've got this year's Knopflerado story teller and news breaker!!!   ;D ;D ;D
My idea of heaven is a place where the Tyne meets the Delta, where folk music meets the blues.

Offlinemarc96er

• Local Hero
In Cologne we had a little chat with Ulf from simfy, and he confirmed that all european dates will be available, except the RAH Shows. They are negotiating with the RAH at the moment, because they just want too much money, but there

OfflineJules

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
Thats great news, but I
So Long

Offlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...
In Cologne we had a little chat with Ulf from simfy, and he confirmed that all european dates will be available, except the RAH Shows. They are negotiating with the RAH at the moment, because they just want too much money, but there
The haters are those who write shit

Two weeks in Australia and Sydney striptease

OfflineHoops McCann

• Dan
  • Founder
Not sure if anyone else has noticed it, but one strange thing I've found about these Simfy Live soundboards is the sound of DC's cymbals. One moment they sound "bright" and then a few seconds later they sound "dull" again. I heard it in the Oslo recording at first. Perhaps it's just the way he plays.
"...I was prompted to check out some of the threads you have going which are often unintentionally funny, wildly speculative and sometimes just plain deluded..." - Ed Bicknell

https://soundcloud.com/sunday_driver

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
Not sure if anyone else has noticed it, but one strange thing I've found about these Simfy Live soundboards is the sound of DC's cymbals. One moment they sound "bright" and then a few seconds later they sound "dull" again. I heard it in the Oslo recording at first. Perhaps it's just the way he plays.

Hello Dan,

Listen to any version of 'Sultans' from this tour and you will know what I am talking about here...

Having both the RAH and Luxemburg shows courtesy of 'Simfy' and also having seen DC play on this tour, I can comment the following - Danny merely alternates between his 'Hi-hat' and his 'Ride' cymbal, thus the 'Hi hat' sound is very 'bright and 'whispy' and his 'ride' cymbal a lot duller. An example of this is If you listen to Sultans, you can hear what I am talking about as he plays the 'Hi-hat' for one verse then alternates with the 'Ride' the next.

For those that are interested DC's Hi-Hat's are 15" Zildjan 'New Beats' and the lower cymbal is placed at an angle to allow 'air' to escape - thus the magnificent 'whispy' sound he gets from them!!

Give Sultans a listen and hear those cymbal changes!!!...

Cheers
Steve
* Mark Knopfler - NOT just a hobby, but a way of life!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
Great news about the 'Simfy' recordings from the UK dates going to be released. I will look forward to a copy of the Bournemouth show and that awesome 'Donegans gone' from that excellent night's show!!!!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

OfflineHoops McCann

• Dan
  • Founder

Hello Dan,

Listen to any version of 'Sultans' from this tour and you will know what I am talking about here...

Having both the RAH and Luxemburg shows courtesy of 'Simfy' and also having seen DC play on this tour, I can comment the following - Danny merely alternates between his 'Hi-hat' and his 'Ride' cymbal, thus the 'Hi hat' sound is very 'bright and 'whispy' and his 'ride' cymbal a lot duller. An example of this is If you listen to Sultans, you can hear what I am talking about as he plays the 'Hi-hat' for one verse then alternates with the 'Ride' the next.

For those that are interested DC's Hi-Hat's are 15" Zildjan 'New Beats' and the lower cymbal is placed at an angle to allow 'air' to escape - thus the magnificent 'whispy' sound he gets from them!!

Give Sultans a listen and hear those cymbal changes!!!...

Cheers
Steve

Ah, there you go. Thanks for that explanation, Steve!
"...I was prompted to check out some of the threads you have going which are often unintentionally funny, wildly speculative and sometimes just plain deluded..." - Ed Bicknell

https://soundcloud.com/sunday_driver

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
No problem Dan...

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
Meant to say, Danny was doing something amazing that I've never seen any drummer do before, he was doing this quick alternating thing between the ride and the hi-hat. Hard to explain, but very cool.

His overall performance was excellent (Telegraph Road stood out though) and I gladly take back my earlier comments about him and would now gladly have him in my "dream team". :)
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

OfflineDutchessy

• Founder
  • Brother in Arms
Meant to say, Danny was doing something amazing that I've never seen any drummer do before, he was doing this quick alternating thing between the ride and the hi-hat. Hard to explain, but very cool.

His overall performance was excellent (Telegraph Road stood out though) and I gladly take back my earlier comments about him and would now gladly have him in my "dream team". :)

I've noticed the changing last night too during Sultans.  :)
Proud member of the AMIT crew

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms

I've noticed the changing last night too during Sultans.  :)

Yes it is rather good isn't it!! DC is obviously a 'natural'!!

what earlier comments were they?

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.047 seconds with 39 queries.