Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Live recordings to be made available via Simfy! Official from Paul Crockford  (Read 170808 times)

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
hi knopflerfan, nice to see you enjoying it in here.
gotten luxemburg as well. it was a great show too.
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
hi knopflerfan, nice to see you enjoying it in here.
gotten luxemburg as well. it was a great show too.

Oh yes I am certainly enjoying it on here sir!!!

Yes the Luxemburg show is excellent and well recomended!!
* Mark Knopfler - NOT just a hobby, but a way of life!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

OfflineJules

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
Just received my usb stick of London 30th May 2010.

It
So Long

Offlineherlock

• Juliet
I got the same from Paris/Bercy.

I think they are a GENIUS marketing coup. I'm not trolling, I'm saying this as an entrepreneur, I think the marketing guys know what they are doing. Why ?

Would you buy, at the venue, an *empty* MK USB stick ? well, probably for some, but now if this stick is said to contain the concert you've just attended... you can't resist. You buy. I did, and I am marketing guy though :)

Why do they rush to put half of the show (please note that they tell you: up to the Encores, but they stop before that actually - never mind) on the stick before the end of the concert ? You could actually buy the stick and download the whole concert, not just the missing half, the next day. Does not make a big difference. But in that case... you would not have such an compelling argument to buy the stick. Instead of buying a 25

OfflineJules

• Mark F. Knopfler
In the site they are behind with the concert uploads. Until now we had every concert just the morning after, today we have the Helsinborg (two days ago) and Oslo (yesterday) is not there yet...
So Long

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
In the site they are behind with the concert uploads. Until now we had every concert just the morning after, today we have the Helsinborg (two days ago) and Oslo (yesterday) is not there yet...

Seems they don't work on a Sunday.  Trust religion to get in the way;  the root of all evil! ::)
"...and I blew up the radio in pretty short order."

OfflineJustme

• Romeo
  • Kilnockie Supporters Club
I got the same from Paris/Bercy.

I think they are a GENIUS marketing coup. I'm not trolling, I'm saying this as an entrepreneur, I think the marketing guys know what they are doing. Why ?

Would you buy, at the venue, an *empty* MK USB stick ? well, probably for some, but now if this stick is said to contain the concert you've just attended... you can't resist. You buy. I did, and I am marketing guy though :)

Why do they rush to put half of the show (please note that they tell you: up to the Encores, but they stop before that actually - never mind) on the stick before the end of the concert ? You could actually buy the stick and download the whole concert, not just the missing half, the next day. Does not make a big difference. But in that case... you would not have such an compelling argument to buy the stick. Instead of buying a 25
And she's sitting in her Lusso, in the early morning sun.

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
Agree wholeheartedly. In my view the stick has a certain souvenir aspect. And for me that deal works even better than the odd t-shirt, too.

A tshirt you can wear though, even if it is underneath a shirt or sweater because they are so crap. ;)

But the USB stick will just get thrown in my attic along will all my CDs, vinyly etc. End up listening to music almost always on my ipod now,
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

OfflineJustme

• Romeo
  • Kilnockie Supporters Club
Hey, I'm gonna start wearing that stick in my trouser pocket.  ;)

Joking apart, I see your point, dustyvalentino, guess my USB stick will make its way into the record collection, too, and played from the computer's harddrive instead.

And she's sitting in her Lusso, in the early morning sun.

OfflineJules

• Mark F. Knopfler
A spanish fan just told me that he received his box with the usb, and the usb was empty!!!!!!!!!!
So Long

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
that must be a very nice surprise

Only if you have bought a Phil Collins USB stick.
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

OfflineSimon

• Camerado
One more question, I think GF said on his forum that previous tour recordings were not te be issued.
Nonetheless, it would be very easy for them:
1/To re-release the 2005 digital downloads, now that Passalong went bust and that they are nowhere to be found officially,
2/To release the 2008 concerts that GF said were recorded,
3/Let's dream, to release the video of "An evening with MK" (Hurlingham 2009) which is very sweet, even if not a full live concert, and is only available on "Pay per view" on I-concerts or some telecom operators services...

What do you guys think ?

Hurlingham was broadcast on TV and is available in DVD quality on the tracker, so I don't need an official release of that.

But 2005 in 320kbps quality would be good, and any soundboard from 2008 would be nice too.

My memory is hazy, wasn't Secondary Waltz played at Newcastle in 2008 as well? They definitley soundchecked it, I heard it as I was waiting to go into the Meet and Greet. :)

it sure was :-)

OfflineSimon

• Camerado
I wonder why they didnt tell us this before the tour - it would have stopped a lot of 'pro' recording equipment getting through.

Also - anyone know about the earlier shows i.e. Newcastle etc. Are they likely to be released?

OfflineSimon

• Camerado
Anyone know if there are gaps between each track or can they be compiled to play seamlessly?
Thanks

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
Is anyone else out there unhappy with the mixing on some of the tunes from Simfy?  I'm talking specifically about Speedway where Mike's whistle is far too loud and drowns out everything else.  Also Richard's guitar seems to have gone AWOL.  WAM is another and again it's the whistle that's overbearing, drowning out every other instrument.  Is it Mike who mixes these or what!
"...and I blew up the radio in pretty short order."

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.051 seconds with 39 queries.