Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: MK worth  (Read 12730 times)

Love Expresso

Re: MK worth
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2010, 07:40:06 AM »
So 12m for MK in 1993 after On Every Street album and tour! Now that are figures I could live with! The same article says 6,2m for John Illsley, so half of the sum, which seems realistic to me! Boy! That

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2010, 09:42:05 AM »
There was an article in "Q" Magazine just after "Golden Heart" was released about the 100 richest rock stars and MK was #12 worth
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2010, 11:11:37 AM »
So 12m for MK in 1993 after On Every Street album and tour! Now that are figures I could live with! The same article says 6,2m for John Illsley, so half of the sum, which seems realistic to me! Boy! That
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2010, 01:24:00 PM »
nowhere do they mention whether it is nett or gross.
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

OfflineSimon

• Camerado
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2010, 07:31:27 PM »

OfflineSimon

• Camerado
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2010, 07:34:07 PM »
nowhere do they mention whether it is nett or gross.

And there will be no receipts to prove just how exact it is anyway. It is all pure guesswork based on album sales vs prices and ticket sales vs prices minus costs. And then they multiply it by a decent factor before they come up with a sensational figure.

OfflineSimon

• Camerado
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2010, 07:37:52 PM »
I remember Jimmy Saville saying (and this was approx. 30 years ago) that he had no idea how much he was worth and that if he wanted to find out it would cost him approx. 30,000GBP in accountants fees. (That figure alone is worth approx. 250,000 - 300,000GBP at todays rates).

If someone doesn't know how much they are worth how the heck does some hack know how much someone else grossed from a single album/tour.

And of course the royalties didn't just stop after the year of release and I am sure MK is still receiving them to this day.

OfflineBanjo99uk

• Romeo

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2010, 11:40:45 AM »
And there will be no receipts to prove just how exact it is anyway. It is all pure guesswork based on album sales vs prices and ticket sales vs prices minus costs. And then they multiply it by a decent factor before they come up with a sensational figure.

Not quite, those figures will be taken from the results published at companies house. MK and I guess JI will have set themselves up as Limited companies for tax and liability purposes and the figures for the company have to be made public. As I said, MK and JI effectively bankrolled the OES album and tour so JI's return reflects his investment in both I assume.

Offlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...
« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2010, 04:47:47 PM »

Not quite, those figures will be taken from the results published at companies house. MK and I guess JI will have set themselves up as Limited companies for tax and liability purposes and the figures for the company have to be made public. As I said, MK and JI effectively bankrolled the OES album and tour so JI's return reflects his investment in both I assume.

There was : Dire Straits Overseas, Ltd

Apparently the society is still running

http://bizzy.info/uk/companies/dire_straits_overseas_limited/co_no/01399705/
http://www.jordanwatch.co.uk/reports/details/01399705/direstraitsoverseaslimited.html
http://www.ukdata.com/company-listings/Di-93.html

While doing research I found a document about a dispute for the "direstraits.com" domain name.

http://www.wipo.int/amc/en/domains/decisions/html/2007/d2007-0778.html

The haters are those who write shit

Two weeks in Australia and Sydney striptease

OfflinexxFordiexx

• Camerado
  • Knopfler is KING!
« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2010, 08:30:15 PM »
I think it will be safe to say that MK is probably worth more than
Fordie

A long time ago came a man on the track......

OfflineSimon

• Camerado
« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2010, 09:20:09 PM »

There was : Dire Straits Overseas, Ltd

Apparently the society is still running

http://bizzy.info/uk/companies/dire_straits_overseas_limited/co_no/01399705/
http://www.jordanwatch.co.uk/reports/details/01399705/direstraitsoverseaslimited.html
http://www.ukdata.com/company-listings/Di-93.html

While doing research I found a document about a dispute for the "direstraits.com" domain name.

http://www.wipo.int/amc/en/domains/decisions/html/2007/d2007-0778.html

Odd that it took 11 years to realise there was a domain name registered in the name of direstraits.com. It certainly weakens their argument for claiming it. Like they weren't interested and now all of a sudden when the vinyls are coming out, 'wahay we might as well have it'. If they/he/it wanted that name then 1996 was the time to go for it - not 2007. I can't have any sympathy on this one. Dire straits is a phrase - 2 words - yes it means a lot to us but that is what it is in civvy street.

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2010, 10:40:51 PM »

Offlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...
« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2010, 11:31:57 AM »
The dispute is closed :

"For all the foregoing reasons, in accordance with paragraphs 4(i) of the Policy and 15 of the Rules, the Panel orders that the domain name, <direstraits.com>, be transferred to Complainant."

Check www.direstraits.com

Booh, we genuine Dire Straits fans, are parked again toward another site  :disbelief
The haters are those who write shit

Two weeks in Australia and Sydney striptease

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2010, 12:45:02 PM »
Seems a bit silly to go to all that hassle to get the domain and then not even use it.

Seem to remember Tomas Molin having a fight with David Knopfler after setting up knopfler.net.

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.038 seconds with 41 queries.