Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: MK worth  (Read 12737 times)

OfflineSimon

• Camerado
MK worth
« on: February 15, 2010, 09:02:11 PM »
There was an article on the news tonight about the recent Euro Lottery winners who won

Love Expresso

Re: MK worth
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2010, 09:17:48 PM »
Yes, and it

Offlinesweetsurrender

• Romeo
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2010, 09:10:04 AM »
I thought MK is worth more than that. In the 100 millions or so.  I read somewhere he's like # 20 something richest man in the UK. Maybe I'm wrong !  Anyway, whatever MK net worth is, his music has given us fans money for everything.  Long live MK.

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2010, 10:31:42 AM »
There was an article in "Q" Magazine just after "Golden Heart" was released about the 100 richest rock stars and MK was #12 worth
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2010, 11:25:01 AM »
These things are base on The Sunday Times Rich List. Basically The Sunday Times gathers as much information as it can about an individual (known property, earnings as reported through their companies etc) and then... makes a figure up. These figures are entirely made up by journalists and as such aren't really worth talking about.

For what it's worth, since I started following these things in the mid-90s, MK is ALWAYS reported around the
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

OfflineJustme

• Romeo
  • Kilnockie Supporters Club
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2010, 11:34:26 AM »
Being on that list seems to mean also, that he isn't rich enough to prompt a removal from this list. ;-)

British Grove Studios must have been a costly investment, but I'm sure that it will pay in the long-run - certainly in musical ways.
Anyway, I do honestly think that he fully deserves his wealth.
And she's sitting in her Lusso, in the early morning sun.

OfflineSimon

• Camerado
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2010, 12:13:18 PM »
I thought MK is worth more than that. In the 100 millions or so.  I read somewhere he's like # 20 something richest man in the UK. Maybe I'm wrong !  Anyway, whatever MK net worth is, his music has given us fans money for everything.  Long live MK.

Well the people that won

OfflineSimon

• Camerado
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2010, 12:15:43 PM »
These things are base on The Sunday Times Rich List. Basically The Sunday Times gathers as much information as it can about an individual (known property, earnings as reported through their companies etc) and then... makes a figure up. These figures are entirely made up by journalists and as such aren't really worth talking about.

For what it's worth, since I started following these things in the mid-90s, MK is ALWAYS reported around the

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2010, 12:24:47 PM »
According to the Sunday Times, he was placed at 924 overall richest in 2009 - up from 1118 and I have worked out, he is 24th in music!
Goin' into Tow Law....

OfflineWaterline Man

• Lady writer
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2010, 12:33:27 PM »
I'd imagine that a lot of people that are up to their necks in property have fallen way down that list from previous years :-[ :-[.

The best of luck to him & I hope that the fact that he can lead a more comfortable life means that he will be around longer for all of us to enjoy more of his music ;) ;)
If it aint broke dont fix it!

OfflineSimon

• Camerado
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2010, 12:49:33 PM »
I suppose the majority of the rich have some or all of their assets in property and or stock and therefore when these fall so does all of their wealth so it probably doesn't affect their relative positions in the 'rich list'.

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2010, 05:54:21 PM »
considering the 120 million sold albums alone, and considering the average price for a cd/LP/MC, not counting the video's and dvd's, not considering the tours, i am pretty sure that he is worth more then that, and that is NOT considering his various properties (new york, Beaulie, Chelsea, british grove, i believethere was something in france as well,...etc..)
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

OfflineSimon

• Camerado
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2010, 08:04:12 PM »
considering the 120 million sold albums alone, and considering the average price for a cd/LP/MC, not counting the video's and dvd's, not considering the tours, i am pretty sure that he is worth more then that, and that is NOT considering his various properties (new york, Beaulie, Chelsea, british grove, i believethere was something in france as well,...etc..)

But he has had to survive for the last 33 years as well:-) He didn't just stash the cash and live on handouts.

The actual prices of merchandise do not have too much affect on the earnings of someone in this industry. It is the wholesale price that determines their 'take'. And it all depends on how 'canny' someone is when agreeing contracts. Young naive artists may get taken for a ride quite easily and end up with nothing but a signing on fee. While the wiser more astute ones will have a decent % of sales (again these are wholesale prices and not high street prices which are usually 4 or 5 times greater than the actual production costs).

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2010, 10:33:26 PM »
here the article in question, and John (!) was also included there, and a decent 34th place or something

and
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

OfflineSimon

• Camerado
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2010, 11:19:19 PM »
I wonder what Ron Wood was selling to earn

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.035 seconds with 41 queries.