Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: DROOL SECTION  (Read 77967 times)

Offlinea visitor

• Local Hero
Re: DROOL SECTION
« Reply #210 on: September 30, 2012, 10:36:22 PM »
Reading about all you ladies getting turned on, I thought for a second I had entered a very different kind of forum (harr, harr)

Offlinejoanzimm

• Camerado
« Reply #211 on: October 02, 2012, 06:36:57 PM »
I thought it would be nice to give us ladies something to talk about again.
You know ladies, it isn't exactly Mark himself who does it for me. However, some of his songs do create that certain atmosphere.................

I don't know, maybe it's the songs themselves, maybe the lyrics, the guitar playing, Marks voice, or simply the combination of all that........

While fooling around on youtube I found this very nice, smooth, jazzy version of Fade to black. This is one performance that does it for me. I would love to know what others think of this:

Ladies, enjoy!
Maaike

Very nice :P  Thanks for sharing, musicgirl.  I'm happy to see the Drool thread waking up again.  Once he starts touring and we get to see him, I'm sure it will pick up.  MK exudes s e x appeal.  He doesn't have to try ... he just has it.

When he was touring with Emmylou Harris, I met some 70 year old woman in the ladies room who was absolutely gushing about MK.  She went to see Emmylou but couldn't stop talking about MK .... it was so cute to see the effect he has even on 70-year old women :)

NOTE TO EDITORS:  If you type the word s e x, it comes out spam.  Try it..... ???
It's hard sometimes but pretty much it's alright

OfflineJules

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #212 on: October 02, 2012, 07:57:12 PM »
If I
So Long

Offlinesweetsurrender

• Romeo
« Reply #213 on: October 04, 2012, 05:11:56 AM »
I thought it would be nice to give us ladies something to talk about again.
You know ladies, it isn't exactly Mark himself who does it for me. However, some of his songs do create that certain atmosphere.................

I don't know, maybe it's the songs themselves, maybe the lyrics, the guitar playing, Marks voice, or simply the combination of all that........

While fooling around on youtube I found this very nice, smooth, jazzy version of Fade to black. This is one performance that does it for me. I would love to know what others think of this:

Ladies, enjoy!
Maaike

Very nice :P  Thanks for sharing, musicgirl.  I'm happy to see the Drool thread waking up again.  Once he starts touring and we get to see him, I'm sure it will pick up.  MK exudes s e x appeal.  He doesn't have to try ... he just has it.

When he was touring with Emmylou Harris, I met some 70 year old woman in the ladies room who was absolutely gushing about MK.  She went to see Emmylou but couldn't stop talking about MK .... it was so cute to see the effect he has even on 70-year old women :)

NOTE TO EDITORS:  If you type the word s e x, it comes out spam.  Try it..... ???

Joan,

you're right on about the sex appeal. He just HAS it.  Nevermind 70 years old. He appeals to 20s,30s,40s,50s,60, etc.  It's everything !!!! ;)

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #214 on: October 04, 2012, 03:15:17 PM »

.... it was so cute to see the effect he has even on 70-year old women :)

LOL Joan!   :lol     70 is much younger these days than it used to be!    ;)    ;)     ;D
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlinevgonis

• Juliet
  • They waited for an hour and then nothing happened
    • greece in dire straits, life in greece
« Reply #215 on: October 04, 2012, 03:30:43 PM »
Sorry to write in this girls, it is a bit of a spoiler really, but would you turn and look at MK if he wasn't our favourite musician and having spent hours and years following his image as he grows? He is not Sean Connery...   ;)
Oh you don't have to answer, it is like marriage I guess, you don't really notice the differences over the years because you grow together and even if you do, you just learn to not press the painful buttons.
By the way fantastic photos! The best in AMIT. You must really love this guy, Knopfler you said?  :lol
Come on, it is not funny anymore.

Offlinejoanzimm

• Camerado
« Reply #216 on: October 04, 2012, 04:00:45 PM »
Sorry to write in this girls, it is a bit of a spoiler really, but would you turn and look at MK if he wasn't our favourite musician and having spent hours and years following his image as he grows? He is not Sean Connery...   ;)
Oh you don't have to answer, it is like marriage I guess, you don't really notice the differences over the years because you grow together and even if you do, you just learn to not press the painful buttons.
By the way fantastic photos! The best in AMIT. You must really love this guy, Knopfler you said?  :lol

If he was walking down the street and I didn't know who he was, I probably wouldn't swoon over him.  But if he stopped to talk to me, and I looked into those eyes, and he said a few words to me, it would be all over .... :P 

Of course, his songwriting and guitar playing and personality are all icing on the cake.  If you're a man, you probably can't understand what it is he has.

Love Expresso

« Reply #217 on: October 04, 2012, 04:29:13 PM »
Well, I am a man, but what always struck me when I saw him live on stage was this very cool way of walking, with this somewhat bow legs, so cool, relaxed and slow, never hasty - the last few steps before reaching the microphone... I could imagine that this must be very attractive to women??  ??? ::) ;) or am I barking up the wrong tree here??

LE

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #218 on: October 04, 2012, 04:50:28 PM »
He is not Sean Connery...   ;)

Thank goodness!   ;D
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #219 on: October 04, 2012, 04:55:07 PM »

If he was walking down the street and I didn't know who he was, I probably wouldn't swoon over him.  But if he stopped to talk to me, and I looked into those eyes, and he said a few words to me, it would be all over .... :P 

Joan - He would most probably be wearing sunglasses, like he was when he spoke to me!   ;)
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlinejoanzimm

• Camerado
« Reply #220 on: October 04, 2012, 05:05:43 PM »

Joan - He would most probably be wearing sunglasses, like he was when he spoke to me!   ;)

Val, I think the voice and the sunglasses would do it ;)

Mona Dee

« Reply #221 on: October 04, 2012, 09:27:08 PM »

I don`t have to answer, but i do  ;) : ... you are absolutely right about the marriage-thing.... but that couldn`t be the same with MK and me  ;) I

OfflineFieneke2

• Romeo
« Reply #222 on: October 04, 2012, 10:50:25 PM »

Quote Vgonis:
If you are good to other people, most of them are good to you too!

Offlinevgonis

• Juliet
  • They waited for an hour and then nothing happened
    • greece in dire straits, life in greece
« Reply #223 on: October 04, 2012, 11:26:11 PM »
Keep it coming. We delve in seriously deep female psychology. It is still miles away from my comprehension, but maybe I can break the ice with a little joke.

A young couple is going out, second date. They are really into finding out about each other, and they go to the cinema to see Mulholland drive. When they exit the cinema the guy is thrilled.
He says: Oh what a movie!
She: I really didn't get it.
H: It is not about getting it, but feeling it. And did you see the erotic scene with Naomi Watts and Laura Harring? Fantastic. Everyman's dream.
S: You mean like an erotic scene with Mel Gibson and Brad Pitt?
H: Yaiks! That is revolting!
Come on, it is not funny anymore.

OfflineJustme

• Romeo
  • Kilnockie Supporters Club
« Reply #224 on: August 30, 2013, 07:47:50 PM »
Heya!

Credits & thanks to Ingo!

I'd like to give this link http://urbanimage.photoshelter.com/search?I_DSC=dire+straits&I_DSC_AND=t&_ACT=search
for some pics from ye olden days.
And she's sitting in her Lusso, in the early morning sun.

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.041 seconds with 43 queries.