Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Special Q & A with Ed Bicknell - DISCUSSION THREAD  (Read 5774 times)

Offlinestratmad

• Lady writer
  • Fan (with a capital F) since 1985
Re: Special Q & A with Ed Bicknell - DISCUSSION THREAD
« Reply #180 on: September 18, 2024, 11:09:42 PM »
A huge THANK YOU to the legend and all round good guy that is Ed Bicknell.

Not only has this been great fun, I genuinely believe that the answers thread has become one of THE most important resources of FACTS about DS available anywhere.

This has been a huge effort by Ed and we are all massively grateful.
some get-a-life lunatic should start working on getting it all together, in one big long q&a, sorted by topic or era...
someone like...lustyval? quizman? Julia?

I could do it, of course, as I have the cast iron butt, I even transcribed Mark's entire radio show (try to do that! 3 hours of talking and no AI help!). Ed's little Q&A is nothing compared to that. The Google Docs would be nice, though I can't do it now and I want somebody else to shine and do the honours anyway.

I think it's just easier to write a book at this point! :lol

Maybe it's a group job. If all the Lusties, Fusties, Busties, Rusties, Crusties and Uncle Kingsley and the guy from Uranus work together, it might be easier to do. I can certainly help!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Something from the past just comes and stares into your soul...

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #181 on: September 18, 2024, 11:24:19 PM »

Not only has this been great fun, I genuinely believe that the answers thread has become one of THE most important resources of FACTS about DS available anywhere.

some get-a-life lunatic should start working on getting it all together, in one big long q&a, sorted by topic or era...

I could do it, of course, as I have the cast iron butt, I even transcribed Mark's entire radio show (try to do that! 3 hours of talking and no AI help!). Ed's little Q&A is nothing compared to that. The Google Docs would be nice, though I can't do it now and I want somebody else to shine and do the honours anyway.

I think it's just easier to write a book at this point! :lol

Maybe it's a group job. If all the Lusties, Fusties, Busties, Rusties, Crusties and Uncle Kingsley and the guy from Uranus work together, it might be easier to do. I can certainly help!

That is a good idea, as Google Docs are shareable and workable together. Needs some organising, though. First, throw everything in one document, then slowly but surely bring it together. It's way easier than trying to do it in the forum's engine. Some light correction is possible to save space and also the nerves of the reader.

I remember I tried to convince Chris to organise his topic Q&A style, but he declined. I don't think it makes sense to build his Q&A from his posts as many are diluted by disputes but it is possible. Everything's possible.

OfflineRobson

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #182 on: Today at 01:14:17 AM »

It's true. Just finished reading. Amazing stories.
I know the way I can see by the moonlight
Clear as the day
Now come on woman, come follow me home

OfflineRobson

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #183 on: Today at 01:17:09 AM »

Brilliant idea !
Clear as the day

OfflineRobson

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #184 on: Today at 01:21:48 AM »
We are fighting floods in southern Poland. Thank you Ed for the many smiles. :)

Ed:

have no idea. Not after all these years because I've only seen him in high heels.
I would say about same as me, about 5ft 10’’ because when we slept together everything lined up perfectly.

Def not 6ft. John is up there, on windy outdoor gigs we had to stick John’s hair on extra tight.

M surrounded himself with tiny people. .
All the crew had to be 5 6” or under.
The caterers 5 4’ or under.
The truck drivers were never allowed out of their cabs ( they were monsters), ditto the bus drivers.
Chris White had to stand in a trench.
That was why Jack didn't wear shoes and Guy’s riser was slightly lower than Alan’s to level them up.
Paul Franklin was fine. He actually fitted UNDER his pedal steel and we had to get him a higher bench to sit on. His bed was the flight case to save money.

I'm suave, hip, cool and beautifully dressed and back then M was…well he wasn’t!  He looked like he’d been dragged through a car wash backwards 😀.

:D :D :D
Clear as the day

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.029 seconds with 39 queries.