Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: MK Live Recording Policy  (Read 8957 times)

Offlinesweetsurrender

• Romeo
Re: MK Live Recording Policy
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2010, 04:39:16 PM »
Is it not possible that these odd fans that get pointed out actually have tripods and pro recording equipment and are obviously spoiling it for the bona fide fans around them? Has anyone seen a fan evicted carrying only a small digital camera?

Very good point Simon. Before we start pointing fingers at MK, can anyone answer to what Simon pointed out ?

OfflineMossguitar

• Lady writer
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2010, 05:04:42 PM »
What planet are you on?  :disbelief

The Planet of New Orleans?

Don't think so...  ;D

But I guess the right question is: what planet am I on?  ;) A totally different one, obviously. I don't understand this discussion. (And it's probably my fault, not your's.) Isn't it as simple as this?: Photo and recording is illegal unless the artist says it's ok. And MK (the artist) doesn't think it's ok, so therefore it is illegal. In my book that makes the ones that break the law and go against the artist's will the ones with bad manners, not the artist. Then it makes sence that MK behave in that way most of you criticize. He is the owner of all the rights to the show he is presenting.

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2010, 06:05:36 PM »

Don't think so...  ;D

But I guess the right question is: what planet am I on?  ;) A totally different one, obviously. I don't understand this discussion. (And it's probably my fault, not your's.) Isn't it as simple as this?: Photo and recording is illegal unless the artist says it's ok. And MK (the artist) doesn't think it's ok, so therefore it is illegal. In my book that makes the ones that break the law and go against the artist's will the ones with bad manners, not the artist. Then it makes sence that MK behave in that way most of you criticize. He is the owner of all the rights to the show he is presenting.
Two wrong's don't make a right though and it IS unfair on the audience members who are doing nothing wrong.
"...and I blew up the radio in pretty short order."

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2010, 07:02:35 PM »
Whilst MK is looking for cameras and pointing out people, he cannot have his mind totally on the music, which is the reason we are there, so in that sense it is unfair to the audience.   I hope there will be no reason for it to happen on this tour, because it is very unsettling and embarrassing and doesn't create the best atmosphere. :-\ 
« Last Edit: March 12, 2010, 07:12:03 PM by superval99 »
Goin' into Tow Law....

OfflineBanjo99uk

• Romeo
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2010, 12:45:31 AM »
As I said in another post he did it at the last gig in 2008 I went to whilst using potty language.  It was pretty low to witness and ruined the concert for me.  I did pass this on to Guy Fletcher and he said thanks for pointing it out. 

OfflineSimon

• Camerado
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2010, 11:59:31 AM »
I agree with it.
I hate it(I really do) when an artist behaves like that, changing lyrics when you`re playing.
Wondering what the other band members think of that. :(

Hi can you elaborate on the changing lyrics aspect? Thanks

OfflineFenderBender

• Camerado
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2010, 01:35:05 PM »

Don't think so...  ;D

Have to say I agree with you totally, Mossguitar. People are criticising Mark for not respecting his fans, but seem to think it's OK for fans to disrespect Mark by ignoring HIS recording policy.

This baker's boy from the West Country

OfflineDutchessy

• Founder
  • Brother in Arms
« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2010, 02:11:14 PM »

Don't think so...  ;D

Have to say I agree with you totally, Mossguitar. People are criticising Mark for not respecting his fans, but seem to think it's OK for fans to disrespect Mark by ignoring HIS recording policy.

Agree with that!
Proud member of the AMIT crew

Offlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...
« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2010, 10:16:56 PM »
I am very embarassed on the matter.

Because there are many reocrdings gem that have been made by fan against the policy of the artist.
Once again I will point out that David Gilmour does not authorize fan filming at his shows but he used fan footage in a Pink Floyd DVD. So sometimes even the artist is in contradiction with his own policy.

Some artists react more or less violently in front of fan breaking their law (Axl Rose is among the one to top the scale by turning a GNR show in St Louis into a general riot).

On the other hand we should respect the wish of the artist and in Mark's case something very upseting should have happened to make him change his view and react like that.

Things are not totally black and white.

The haters are those who write shit

Two weeks in Australia and Sydney striptease

OfflineSimon

• Camerado
« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2010, 10:19:57 PM »
Maybe there is a live album in the offing and that is what they are getting touchy about!

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #25 on: March 14, 2010, 10:43:11 PM »
The thing that annoys me is that I don't think that MK would like to be treated in such a manner himself and at the end of the day he is a guest of the venue and as such has no authority to throw anyone out.  It's like going to a party and getting told to leave by another guest!
These displays are an extremely upsetting aspect of the last tour for me and I sincerely hope they do not make a return visit for the forthcoming one. :(
"...and I blew up the radio in pretty short order."

Offlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...
« Reply #26 on: March 14, 2010, 11:58:20 PM »
Maybe there is a live album in the offing and that is what they are getting touchy about!

We are still waiting for the 2008 recordings...
The haters are those who write shit

Two weeks in Australia and Sydney striptease

OfflineHoops McCann

• Dan
  • Founder
« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2010, 12:47:49 AM »
It's pretty clear and simple: allowed audio/video taping is a privilege, not a right.
"...I was prompted to check out some of the threads you have going which are often unintentionally funny, wildly speculative and sometimes just plain deluded..." - Ed Bicknell

https://soundcloud.com/sunday_driver

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.064 seconds with 39 queries.