Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: The War On Drugs  (Read 2618 times)

OfflineBloodGator

• Guitar George
The War On Drugs
« on: January 21, 2015, 03:53:34 PM »
So their style has been compared a lot to Dire Straits/MK. I actually never even thought of it until I started to read it online. Anyway album released in 2014, 'Lost In The Dream', is one of my favourite albums ever made. Jumps straight in there. So rare to get musicianship like this in modern day music. Seem like a very humble modest group as well. Some of you must have heard of them. I suggest a listen of 'An Ocean In Between The Waves'.

On a sidenote, this non MK section should not be at the bottom of the forum. I mean I know we love him but Privateering and especially Get Lucky are old news. And with so much other music wouldn't it be a great way to get the forum busy again by getting people to talk about other albums they are listening to/liking. Before a couple of weeks ago I hadn't been on here in about a year because it gets so quiet and there isn't enough conversation. I mean this suggestion in a good way hope I'm not offending, anyone else agree?

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
Re: The War On Drugs
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2015, 04:58:16 PM »
I saw one of their bootlegs on Dime whilst searching for Dire Straits because the uploader thought they sounded like DS too and had put that in his/her description.
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2015, 08:43:50 PM »
So their style has been compared a lot to Dire Straits/MK. I actually never even thought of it until I started to read it online. Anyway album released in 2014, 'Lost In The Dream', is one of my favourite albums ever made. Jumps straight in there. So rare to get musicianship like this in modern day music. Seem like a very humble modest group as well. Some of you must have heard of them. I suggest a listen of 'An Ocean In Between The Waves'.

On a sidenote, this non MK section should not be at the bottom of the forum. I mean I know we love him but Privateering and especially Get Lucky are old news. And with so much other music wouldn't it be a great way to get the forum busy again by getting people to talk about other albums they are listening to/liking. Before a couple of weeks ago I hadn't been on here in about a year because it gets so quiet and there isn't enough conversation. I mean this suggestion in a good way hope I'm not offending, anyone else agree?
no offense taken...
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2015, 08:45:16 PM »
better like this bloodgator??

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2015, 08:45:24 PM »
change is good....

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.051 seconds with 39 queries.